Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,949 members, 7,863,378 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:32 PM

Israel Respond To ICJ "We Will Not Destroy Civilian Population In Rafah " - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Respond To ICJ "We Will Not Destroy Civilian Population In Rafah " (145 Views)

Benjamin Netanyahu: 'We Will Finish The Job In Rafah' ( Video, Pics) / ICJ Rejects South African Request For Measures To Limit Israeli Action In Rafah / ICJ Orders Russia To Immediately Suspend Invasion Of Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Respond To ICJ "We Will Not Destroy Civilian Population In Rafah " by Period007(m): 6:42am On May 25
After ICJ ruling, Israel says it ‘has not and will not’ carry out Rafah operations that could destroy civilian population

Israel’s National Security Council and Foreign Ministry issue a joint statement responding to the International Court of Justice’s ruling ordering Israel to halt Rafah operations that risk the destruction of the civilian population in the southern Gaza city.

The Israeli statement says the charges of genocide brought by South Africa against Israel at the ICJ in The Hague are “false, outrageous and morally repugnant.”

It adds: “Following the horrific attack against the citizens of Israel on October 7th, 2023, Israel embarked upon a defensive and just war to eliminate Hamas and to secure the release of our hostages. Israel is acting based on its right to defend its territory and its citizens, consistent with its moral values and in compliance with international law, including international humanitarian law.
Israel has not and will not conduct military actions in the Rafah area which may inflict on the Palestinian civilian population in Gaza conditions of life that could bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part,” the statement says, echoing language used by the court in its operative clauses.

Israel will continue its efforts to enable humanitarian assistance and will act, in full compliance with the law, to reduce as much as possible harm caused to the civilian population in Gaza.

While the statement stresses Israel’s commitment to prevent terror organizations from retaking the Rafah Crossing, Jerusalem says it remains committed to allowing aid to be delivered through the gate.

“Israel will continue to enable the Rafah crossing to remain open for the entry of humanitarian assistance from the Egyptian side of the border, and will prevent terror groups from controlling the passage.” the Israeli statement says.

Egypt has refused to reopen the crossing since Israel took over the Gaza side on May 7

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/aligning-with-icj-ruling-israel-says-it-wont-carry-out-rafah-operations-that-could-destroy-civilian-population/
Re: Israel Respond To ICJ "We Will Not Destroy Civilian Population In Rafah " by Period007(m): 6:45am On May 25
Let there be peace
Re: Israel Respond To ICJ "We Will Not Destroy Civilian Population In Rafah " by Remman(m): 7:07am On May 25
Well, the thing is this Palestines celebrated with Hamas willfully for their inhumane acts against Israelis. I don't blame Israel and this people also deserve this result. After now, they'll change by hoping they'll actually change.

1 Like

Re: Israel Respond To ICJ "We Will Not Destroy Civilian Population In Rafah " by Eneye4me: 11:02pm On May 25
Remman:
Well, the thing is this Palestines celebrated with Hamas willfully for their inhumane acts against Israelis. I don't blame Israel and this people also deserve this result. After now, they'll change by hoping they'll actually change.
Ur entire family will perish in Ur eye one day. Terrorist.
Re: Israel Respond To ICJ "We Will Not Destroy Civilian Population In Rafah " by Remman(m): 6:12am On May 26
Eneye4me:
Ur entire family will perish in Ur eye one day. Terrorist.
I reverse your curse upon you forever, even in your next life. As you have pronounced, so shall it be upon you and your entire generation and not me or my family... In Jesus mighty name! Amen!

(1) (Reply)

If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For, Samson Siasia Wouldn't Be Left Cold In European C / Major / Somali President Appoints New Prime Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.