Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,877 members, 7,862,959 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! (25142 Views)

Mildred Okonkwo: You Can't Be Angry At Pastors Flying Jets / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by Daejumong(m): 7:15am On May 25
Rich Pastors and Christians will find it difficult making heaven !!!

Matthew 19:23-24
23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Why did Jesus say this? Let’s look at the preceding verses?

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

18 “Which ones?” he inquired.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

This rich young man was a child of God faithfully keeping his commandments just like many Christians and Pastors today and he was so confident of his stance in God and asked Jesus what he could do to get eternal life!
When Jesus told him to sell ALL his properties and GIVE TO THE POOR and then follow him, he walked away Sad!

As a pastor or Christian flying private jets, driving expensive cars and living a life of luxury, Jesus is saying, Sell All and give to the poor and follow him! Jesus said to attain perfection and build treasure in heaven u must do this!
This appears difficult and unfair to rich Christians? The disciples thought so as well. Let’s see their reaction in the verses that followed:

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

Jesus explained that it may look difficult naturally but with God’s help it is possible!

We can invariably conclude from the teachings of Christ here that if you are a pastor living a life of luxury, flying jets and helicopters and some of your members are poor , heaven will be difficult to make for you! These are words directly from the mouth of Jesus who will decide whether we make heaven! His words are superior to any prophet, king , preacher or apostle in the Bible or in contemporary times!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by id4sho(m): 10:41am On May 26
What kind of indaboski bahose talk is this tongue

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by damosky12(m): 10:42am On May 26
That portion of scripture you quoted doesn't prove that God has a persona vendetta with wealthy people. Through scriptures, God had wealthy men.

Abraham, His friend, was wealthy.
Jacob was wealthy.
Joseph was wealthy.
David was wealthy.
Solomon was wealthy.
Job was wealthy.
Many many of God's people in the Old Testament were wealthy.

In the new testament, Joseph of Arimathea was wealthy.
Erastus was wealthy.
Barnabas was wealthy.
Many in the early church were rich!

Abusing a Bible verse to push a silly narrative would not suffice.

You can't build a doctrine on just one single passage, more so one single phrase which is misunderstood...

Mark 10:17-25
[17]And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
[18]And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
[19]Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
[20]And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
[21]Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
[22]And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
[23]And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God!
[24] And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that TRUST IN RICHES to enter into the kingdom of God!
[25]It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Apparently, the clarification here is what Mark supplies us. Jesus wasn't talking about the average rich man anywhere, but a rich man that trusts in His riches instead of trusting in God.

And that is a no-brainer. To trust in riches is to not trust in God. The Epistles also echo the same thought to rich Christians.

1 Timothy 6:17-18
[17]Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
[18]That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

God is not against wealth. Wealth is a useful tool for His work on earth OBVIOUSLY. What is against God is to allow money to take God's place. That's what Jesus and His Apostles addressed.

shelve the OP's Bible confusion

110 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by Fatbam005: 10:43am On May 26
Dey play.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by Dshocker(m): 10:43am On May 26
I was told never to condemn or judge a man of God, because judgment is of God, i rest my case.

Happy Sunday Everyone.

17 Likes

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by RapistOnBail: 10:43am On May 26
How dull could you guys ever get?!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by mannycrown: 10:43am On May 26
Bunkum!

3 Likes

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by Deepspirituals: 10:43am On May 26
Hmmm ! Food for thought but how ?

Meaning King Solomon Went to Hell shocked

today's money?
approximately $2.1 trillion
Conservative estimates put his peak net worth at approximately $2.1 trillion. According to the Bible, King Solomon ruled from 970 BC to 931 BC, and during this time he is said to have received 25 tons of gold for each of the 39 years of his reign approximately 1500 tons, which would be worth billions of dollars today.

7 Likes

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by ElidazielMN2(m): 10:43am On May 26
The Op didnot get exactly what Jesus was teaching in bible hence the topic, Jesus isnt literally saying the rich people wont go to heaven including pastor but he is saying just as it is difficult for the rich to sell all his property and give it to poor is just as the same way it is to make heaven, People should learn to understand the scriptures better before posting anything, to further avoid breeding atheist and people who would be angry toward God for no reason !

But Meanwhile

i do offer a Third eyes / Spiritual eyes opening service

If interested ? Pls kindly check my profile

Thank you

" I am Elidaziel "

3 Likes

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by FashionCookie(f): 10:44am On May 26
Wahala no dey finish. Their "disciples" dey come for you.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by Tradepunter2: 10:44am On May 26
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by CoronaVirusPro: 10:44am On May 26
All I know is that, if Oyedepo makes heaven, we are all going to Heaven.

20 Likes

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by Awesomejake(m): 10:45am On May 26
Heavenly race no be here ooh…
Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by ABIODUN105(m): 10:46am On May 26
Mitcheew will should die of poverty abi

2CORINTHIAN 8;9
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by ReacherSaidNoth: 10:46am On May 26
Christianity is a confusing religion, you ask people to be detached from material wealth and yet one of your major attractions to the idea of heaven is the promise of mansions of gold.

20 Likes

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by Righteousness2(m): 10:46am On May 26
You are very Wrong bro. That is the spirit of Poverty that ministering to you.

There is no crime or Sin in being SUPER Wealthy and Having all the jets , skycrappers and all that.

What is wrong is in letting the Wealth , riches and vanities to Own or control you.

What is wrong is in making thrse things to take the place of GOD ( 1st place) in your life and living.

What is wrong is in putting your trust in them.

What is wrong is in Glorying, Priding and bragging in wealth and riches.

No matter how rich, wealthy and Blessed you are, Handle them with Very light hands.
The Piroty of life should be in things that has Eternal value.
The Pirority of life should be in things that advances and strengthens your salvation and walk with GOD.

Abramham was rich and Blessed in ALL Things. He is in Heaven.
Lazarus the poor man, died in Poverty. He is also in Heaven.

You can choose how you want to make Heaven.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by Positiveminds(m): 10:46am On May 26
You also have resolved the problem when you quoted with God all is possible.

So how they will make heaven is of God, not of a mortal to understand. Those who are clean with God, though the fly jets and drive luxury cars, can still make heaven!

5 Likes

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by judedwriter(m): 10:47am On May 26
As a pastor, you can be poorer than the poorest church rat and still end up in hell if you die in sin....

Its not a sin to be rich and wealthy. God wants us to manifest His glory like Solomon did through our wealth.

However, sin is sin. If we disobey God's Word we will not make heaven. If God has blessed you with money, obey Him to the letter, don't disobey Him.

And also be a blessing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by NuCypher: 10:47am On May 26
Deepspirituals:
Hmmm ! Food for thought but how ?

Meaning King Solomon Went to Hell shocked

today's money?
approximately $2.1 trillion
Conservative estimates put his peak net worth at approximately $2.1 trillion. According to the Bible, King Solomon ruled from 970 BC to 931 BC, and during this time he is said to have received 25 tons of gold for each of the 39 years of his reign approximately 1500 tons, which would be worth billions of dollars today.

1 Like

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by Egalitarian1: 10:47am On May 26
Deep

1 Like

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by superCleanworks(m): 10:47am On May 26
So as long as he or she is not flying jets; the pastor will still make heaven if they divorce, rape, steal wives, have extra-marital affairs, lie, do rituals, take bribes, watch porrn e. t. c.

Okay!

1 Like

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by Egalitarian1: 10:48am On May 26
Dshocker:
I was told never to condemn or judge a man of God, because judgment is of God, i rest my case.

Happy Sunday Everyone.

Super story!

The same Bible says: “In righteousness, you shall judge your neighbour.” Leviticus 19:16).

9 Likes

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by FactBoyz: 10:48am On May 26
If Billy Graham who preached to millions more than anyone ever did not have a PJ. I don't see a reason why someone would spend millions of dollars on a private jet

God bless Billy Graham

8 Likes

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by Alvin212(m): 10:49am On May 26
Like fake pasitor Adebayo

All Yoruba pastors

2 Likes

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by BarrElChapo(m): 10:49am On May 26
Kenneth Copeland
Adeboye Enoch Adejare
David Olaniyi Oyedepo

This three are NOT of God it Williams Folorusho Kumuyi has an PJ add him to the list.
Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by MorataFC: 10:49am On May 26
Hmm
Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by MorataFC: 10:50am On May 26
RapistOnBail:
How dull could you guys ever get?!
it shock U? grin

3 Likes

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by tunjijones(m): 10:51am On May 26
Lol... Is there even heaven and hell?

1 Like

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by kenn4rill(m): 10:51am On May 26
Our so called men of God always skip this potion of the Bible, they know the truth and even if you show them, they will say Jesus was made poor for them to be rich.

In fact all the Christians in Nigeria na hell fire all of them dey go because no true love for humanity, they are even more wicked than the devil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by EdiskyHarry: 10:52am On May 26
Nigerian politicians, pastors and bloggers are all in the same class. All they care about is Money, fame and the next election.

3 Likes

Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by abobote: 10:53am On May 26
No one is making heaven, we die here
Re: Wealthy Pastors Flying Private Jets Will Find It Difficult Making Heaven! by zombieHUNTER: 10:53am On May 26
undecided

No Nigerian pastor that owns a private jet will make heaven..

You heard it here
Quote me anywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Abioye: Any Man Who Doesn't Show Commitment Financially Not Safe To Marry / Should I Have Sex On Valentine's Day? / Prophet Samuel Kayode Abiara To Remarry At 75

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.