Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,872 members, 7,862,930 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

ANASTASIA -A Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ANASTASIA -A Short Story (140 Views)

Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* / Behind The Mask - A Short Story / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ANASTASIA -A Short Story by Bam17(f): 11:14am On May 25
Was messing with words grin Kinda my thing.

'Ana darling, hurry up, or we will be late,' Sebastian called from the foot of the stairs, patiently waiting for his wife to descend. He could tell from where he stood that his wife had not finished. Climbing the stairs, eyes fixed on his wristwatch, he made his way towards her room, hoping to hurry her up. 'Come on, darling. Haven't you had enough makeup on?'

Anastasia laughed and turned. 'Not quite.'

'I've told Elizabeth to look after the kids,' he said next.

'Speaking of,' Anastasia got up from the chair and approached him. 'The children,' she said. 'Where are they?' She peered down the hallway, but it was empty.

'You don't need to worry, darling,' Sebastian assured her. 'They're outside.'

'Outside?' Anastasia let out a loud gasp.

'You worry too much,' Sebastian looked at her and smiled.

Anastasia inhaled briefly before turning to take one last look in the mirror. 'I think I'm done,' she exhaled.

Sebastian inquired with pleasure. 'You are?'

Anastasia turned to him with a slight nod. She smiled once more as her husband extended his hand toward her.

"Do you think the kids are going to be okay?"

Sebastian breathed out a long sigh. 'Again with the kids?'

Anastasia chuckled. 'Okay, fine. I won't worry about the kids...'

Sebastian led her out.

Anastasia and Sebastian had been married for a long time. They had two beautiful children. Alexa and Henrietta. They had their mother's beautiful chestnut brown eyes, which matched their long hair. Their mother would often refer to them as the treasures that God had bestowed upon her and her world. They meant everything to her.

Anastasia had lost her parents when she was nine years old. Her parents, along with her baby sister, had died in a car accident. She was unable to tell anyone how she had survived. They had found her beneath the car wreck, struggling and longing to be free. She had since then lived with her Mom's older sister. Aunt Beatrice had taken her as hers and ensured she raised her to any level of her choice. Anastasia was well-educated and taught the proper things, and she was never without love. She received both warmth and affection from the hands of Aunt Beatrice and her dearest husband. Uncle Vernon treated her as if she were his own, loving and caring for her in the same way that any father would. He made certain that the poor girl had everything she needed and was always available to lend a helping hand.

Anastasia's life was going well until aunt Beatrice became ill and died. She had died from cancer. "Cervical cancer," she remembered hearing Uncle Vernon tell his friend.

'Cervical cancer?' She stood stunned, knowing exactly what it was and how bad it could get. She looked over to Aunt Beatrice and felt sorry for her. The poor woman was in pain, and she wished she could bear half of it. It was a horrible day for her. She was only eighteen years old. Uncle Vernon had refused to tell her what was wrong, unaware she already knew.

'You should eat,' he said with a weary smile.

Anastasia could see the pain hidden behind his weak smile, and she knew Aunt Beatrice was far gone. She'll never recover, she reasoned to herself, having given up hope. And then her fear became a reality: Aunt Beatrice had passed away.

Sebastian happened to be passing by when Anastasia was crying on the porch. Aunt Beatrice had died a few days before, and Uncle Vernon had fallen ill almost immediately, scaring Anastasia to death. She could not stop crying when she realized her dear uncle was ill, terrified of losing yet another person who meant everything to her.

'You're crying,'

Anastasia raised her head upon hearing the calm voice. 'Well, what does it look like I'm doing?' She wanted to rebuke him, but her tears kept flowing, preventing her from speaking.

'What's wrong?'

She had no idea why this stranger seemed to be so interested in her, unaware that he would become such an important part of her life.

'I'm not crying,' she sniffed and wiped away her tears, fed up with him poke nosing.

'But you are...'

'I said I'm not crying!' She shot back at him. The kind stranger refused to leave her alone, and sat down beside her.

'Well, you should know that whatever it is you are going through, it will all be fine. I assure you.' He spoke as if he had known her for a long time, which astounded her.

'Why are you being nice to me?' Anastasia looked at him in surprise, having dried her tears.

'Well...'

Anastasia placed her hand on his, halting him. 'Thank you,' she said to him, feeling slightly better.

From that point on, the two became friends, and Anastasia quickly roared back to life. Sebastian would always come to see her and tell her stories he made up. He was quite the lad. Talented. Artistic. Handsome. Loving. Anastasia had grown to love him, and they had grown fond of each other, with Anastasia learning a lot from him.

Sebastian was well-built, like a god. He was her god, and she fell deeply in love with him. Her love for him grew stronger as they spent more time together. She could not help but notice everything about him-everything that defined him. Her feelings for him were strong, and she hoped he loved her as much as she did.

'Marry me,' Sebastian said one day.

'Wait. Are you serious?' Anastasia laughed, unable to believe what she had just heard.

'Yes, marry me,' Sebastian knelt before her, pulling his thumb and index finger into the shape of a ring.

'N-no. No, Sebastian,' Anastasia pulled away, unsure whether she wanted to marry him so soon.

Sebastian pressed harder, hoping that she would say yes. 'Please say yes,' he pleaded with her, unwilling to give up. 'Even if I do not have a ring,' he teased.

'But, Sebastian...'

"I love you, Anastasia," Sebastian interrupted her before she could finish her sentence. 'I love you very much,' he said, continuing to kneel.

Anastasia was at a loss for words and could only stare, unsure which step to take.

'Please...'

'I-I can't,' Anastasia stuttered and started to walk away.

'Please, Anastasia Williams,' He addressed her name in full.

The young woman looked lovingly at him, unsure whether she should refuse. 'But, Sebastian, we're still young,' she reminded him, hoping to persuade him to reconsider.

"We're 20, Anastasia," Sebastian replied quickly. 'Just say yes,' he begged her once more. 'And I promise to give you the world,' he added with a charming smile.

'But...'

'Do you trust me?' Sebastian looked up at her, eager to know.

'Yes,' Anastasia breathed out. 'Yes, I trust you,'

Sebastian grinned. 'Good. Now, say yes,' he pleaded with her one last time, hoping this was it. 'Or is this about not having a ring?' He frowned, hurt.

'It's not about the ring, Sebastian.' Anastasia sighed, upset by his words. She then gave a hearty smile. 'It is not about the ring, believe me,' she said sweetly, looking down at him and peering into his eyes.

'So, what do you say?' Sebastian inquired, eagerly awaiting her response.

'I love you!' Anastasia exclaimed, making him jump with excitement. 'And I will marry you,' she said ravishingly, making do with his invisible ring.

That day marked the beginning of something new-a love story no one could have imagined would exist. Anastasia and Sebastian married not long after, and Uncle Vernon gave them his blessings despite being glued to his bed. 'Your parents and aunt would be very proud of you,' he said through tears, kissing the back of Anastasia's hand. He blessed them both, and Anastasia could not help but shed tears. Joyful tears.

Anastasia smiled heartily as she reflected on the past and how she had met her guardian angel, feeling at ease and experiencing a completely new sensation.

'Worry less now.'

She turned her attention to the source of the voice. It was the man whom God had blessed her with. Her peace and comforter. He had come just when she needed him the most, and she was grateful. She nodded and smiled charmingly at him, wiping away the tears that had already fallen from her tear glands.

'Don't cry anymore, my love,' he said, reaching to wipe away her tears.

'I love you, Sebastian,' Anastasia declared aloud. 'I love you very much.' She sank into his arms with a content smile.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Book Marketing Agency, Can You Help? / #nuclear Wastewater Japan's Nuclear Wastewater Discharges Into The Sea Are Caus / Be Good To People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.