Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,236 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:35 PM

Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours (52199 Views)

Man Exposes New Trick Robbers Use To Snatch Cars At Wedding Ceremonies / The New Tactic Robbers Use In Abuja Revealed By Man / Yahoo Boys And Their New Tactics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Mercisharelove(f): 6:36pm On May 25
Hello all, my family and I witnessed a scene from the window around 1:30 am to 2:45 am today and I have decided to share so that we all keep guard.

Someone intentionally left a baby, wrapped in a white cloth right in front of our gate. The baby cried for over 30 minutes, and it stopped crying. A guy in black, hiding behind our wall, crawled to hit the baby again to cry. When they realized no one was coming out to check on the baby, he crawled to carry it off the road and in a few minutes, a taxi came and they went away.

We called the contact number of our neighbour, we asked if he had seen anything of that sort around his house and he informed us that, it's a new strategy of armed robbers and that his elder brother was robbed last week using the same method.
Let's all be guarded.
Pls, inform your friends and family, Thank you.
May God continue to guard and protect us all.

141 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by rentAcock(m): 7:09pm On May 25
I rather get robbed checking on an abandoned crying baby than to ignore one thinking it's a robbery attempt. I don't care what anyone says, I will not allow thieves or terrorists stop me from having compassion towards another human being. But thanks for the heads up.

***Modified***For all we know this story might be made up. A simple Google image search shows this picture was taken from an armed robbery incident in Brazil back in 2015. Some people on Nairaland like to open so many threads hoping that some of them will hit the jackpot and head to the front page. This OP has created 443 threads in a span of 5 years, it's safe to say she is farming for likes, views and comments. As for the slow pokes who didn't understand my comment. Women abandon newborn babies all the time for different reasons. Maybe they are teenage mothers unable to raise their child. Maybe they are poor and unable to raise their child. Maybe they are rape victims unwilling to live with the shame. It would make sense to drop off the baby at a police station or hospital, but some women would rather drop their baby in the middle of the night where no one will see them. If your mother abandoned you, wouldn’t you hope someone came to your aide? If you are afraid of getting robbed, call the nearest police station or ambulance to check the baby. But to ignore an abandoned crying baby, is heartless and inhumane. ****

206 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Smitaro100(m): 7:09pm On May 25
Dis kind tactics no go fit work for person like me o.. infact na sapa go kill such arm robber if in carry such format near my side, me hear small pikin dey cry for outside for midnight then I go come come out say I take kolos or wetin? undecided me wey b dat kind man, d first thing wey me go reason sef na "bush baby".. Na to dey kabash inside house mk day break well before I come check o. grin

190 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by LeeSantos(m): 7:14pm On May 25
rentAcock:
I rather get robbed checking on an abandoned crying baby than to ignore one thinking it's a robbery attempt. I don't care what anyone says, I will not allow thieves or terrorists stop me from having compassion towards another human being. But thanks for the heads up.

Arm robba spotted. You want to go out around 1am to check on a crying baby? You say compassion!!! Lol.
You should have carried pot and bench to start cooking in the midnight for hungry people roaming about at night

That’s obviously a toy baby, that’s why they always go press the button after it stops crying

389 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Adaisback(f): 7:50pm On May 25
Thanks op for this information, God bless you. This is for people like me that are too kind hearted . May God help us . , pls come and hear o

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Blessedpalms: 8:29pm On May 25
rentAcock:

This situation explains life itself.
Would you risk your safety to save a baby you don't know it's father? That's the humanity and God's conscience in you wanting to save the baby

But on a second note, you have to analyze the situation in line with your safety and the ability to create more lives, if your life is preserved. If your life is preserved, you'll have more babies cheesy and even more babies to see

There is a lot that influences human actions and inaction. I hope you make the right one when this kind of situations happen

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Blessedpalms: 8:37pm On May 25
LeeSantos:

Arm rubber spotted. You want to go out around 1am to check on a crying baby? You say compassion!!! Lol.
You should have carried pot and bench to start cooking in the midnight for hungry people roaming about at night

You can raise an alarm to save the baby and run back inside. Let's see if that works

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by MrOreo(m): 8:38pm On May 25
rentAcock:
undecided
Superman spotted! You never collect wotowoto that's why. Na around 2am you want dey form humanity abi! It's alright.

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by BigYash: 8:49pm On May 25
rentAcock:
When them kidnap you,then make your family cough out 10m to 50m for ransom en.. next time if you hear cry at night you go put EarPods for ear under bed dey pray and speak in other tongues grin

I sha know say na cruise you dey..

65 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by rentAcock(m): 9:32pm On May 25
Blessedpalms:

Would you risk your safety to save a baby you don't know it's father? That's the humanity and God's conscience in you wanting to save the baby

But on a second note, you have to analyze the situation in line with your safety and the ability to create more lives, if your life is preserved. If your life is preserved, you'll have more babies cheesy and even more babies to see

There is a lot that human action and inactions. I hope you make the right one when this kind of situations happen

My life is not more valuable than a new born's life, Sorry. How can you hear a baby crying at your gate and not even check it out? At the very least call the police station or ambulance and have them check the baby if you are afraid of getting robbed. But to just ignore a crying baby is heartless and inhumane.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Reelmii: 9:42pm On May 25
Hmmm...everyday new updates dey come out
Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by article1: 10:04pm On May 25
rentAcock:
You mean you can "compassionately" go out midnight to check a strange baby crying outside your neighborhood just to show how compassionate or caring you are, even when your baby is not missing?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by damosky12(m): 10:21pm On May 25
rentAcock:

Well, context matters. Having a baby suddenly cry in front of your gate AT MIDNIGHT is suspicious. Even if it's not armed robbery, something will feel baity about it.

Nothing is wrong with checking on the baby too. But, if you must, be smarter than the lurking aggressor. Else, you and the baby may both be unsafe.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by REGINALD001(m): 11:34pm On May 25
Smitaro100:
Dis kind tactics no go fit work for person like me o.. infact na sapa go kill such arm robber if in carry such format near my side, me hear small pikin dey cry for outside for midnight then I go come come out say I take kolos or wetin? undecided me wey b dat kind man, d first thing wey me go reason sef na bush baby. grin

MY MIND DEY TELL ME SAY NA YOU BE THAT YOUNG MAN

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Rexymania(m): 12:12am On May 26
Old tactics
Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by 9japride(m): 2:57am On May 26
rentAcock:
[color=#006600][/color]

Please don't act like James Bond. If you hear such, call the police or your neighbourhood security.

5 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:01am On May 26
rentAcock:
you are a n armed rubber, and that's your tactics Op casted it. Hand go soon touch you

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 3:03am On May 26
article1:
You mean you can "compassionately" go out midnight to check a strange baby crying outside your neighborhood just to show how compassionate or caring you are, even when your baby is not missing?
he's the armed rubber, he still wants to convince gullible to take the bait

10 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by LeeSantos(m): 4:28am On May 26
Blessedpalms:

You can raise an alarm to save the baby and run back inside. Let's see if that works

As a Nigerian you still never wise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by LeeSantos(m): 4:32am On May 26
rentAcock:

My life is not more valuable than a new born's life, Sorry. How can you hear a baby crying at your gate and not even check it out? At the very least call the police station or ambulance and have them check the baby if you are afraid of getting robbed. But to just ignore a crying baby is heartless and inhumane.

Omoh if you are rich. 1000% sure you will be robbed daily. To rob you go dey sweet then 😂.

4 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by mu2sa2: 6:23am On May 26
The tactic would seem to be to get someone to come out and get robbed, kidnapped or killed. My take is ignore the bastarrds. But if you want to prove you're brave, well, do it wisely by coming out in full force to take out the robber(s) - but note that that way you're risking yourself foolishly. Even if you're a prayer warrior, know that the bad guys also have prayer warriors among them or as their backers so equation balanced.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Sublimesuccess: 6:37am On May 26
Blessedpalms:

There is a lot that influences human actions and inaction. I hope you make the right one when this kind of situations happen

People dey vex here. I only said let us imagine this has nothing to do with the bait and some twisted that. Make una no vex oooo
Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Houseontherock1: 7:30am On May 26
rentAcock:
Lies
This won't work on most Nigerians at all because the sound of a crying baby in the middle of the night-outside- will send cold shivers down the spine first...going outside to rescue the baby will be a no no for most people because it's really really suspicious. The best you can do is call other landlords on phone or call the police codedly

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Thazard(m): 7:47am On May 26
BigYash:
When them kidnap you,then make your family cough out 10m to 50m for ransom en.. next time if you hear cry at night you go put EarPods for ear under bed dey pray and speak in other tongues grin

I sha know say na cruise you dey..
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 7:50am On May 26
Sublimesuccess:

Just asking oooo, what of if that baby is not a bait and will grow up to be a super baby saver, having a result that is way beyond yours. Maybe in your lifetime, probably you could save 5 babies and this baby in question will save 10,000 babies in his own lifetime, would you still consider your own safety or the destinies of the unborn babies?

All these are hypothetical situations..
In reality, no one will come out in the midnight out to save a baby that isn't theirs.
Even you will be afraid

Even if the baby will be a president tomorrow, it isn't worth risking your life over because thieves come extra - prepared for murder.

5 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Cassandraloius: 7:53am On May 26
Thanks for the info. But these guys are doing too much, I wonder whose baby they are using for this operation. Innocent baby. undecided

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by ManirBK: 8:44am On May 26
nlfpmod come check this one
Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Smitaro100(m): 9:33am On May 26
REGINALD001:

MY MIND DEY TELL ME SAY NA YOU BE THAT YOUNG MAN

Which young man? Hope you no dey on kolos o.,,🙄
Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Kevineleven(m): 9:34am On May 26
Blessedpalms:

Behold I send you forth like sheep in the midst of wolves, be WISE like serpent and GENTLE like a dove (JESUS OF NAZARETH)

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by Feldie: 10:07am On May 26
rentAcock:
you can wait till morning

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Use Babies As New Tactics: Share With Your Neighbours by rentAcock(m): 12:42pm On May 26
Feldie:
you can wait till morning

Let the baby cry till day break? I can tell you aren't a father.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Pours Hot Water On Husband In Kaduna For Marrying Another Wife (Graphic) / FBI Arrests Kenneth Ganiu Ninalowo For $1.5 Million Money Laundering In Chicago / Young Man Stabbed To Death After Visiting His Girlfriend In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.