Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,913 members, 7,863,173 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:35 PM

No Shame In Asking Questions...do You Really Know Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / No Shame In Asking Questions...do You Really Know Car? (388 Views)

A Mechanic Is Asking Me To Remove My Car Catalyst / The All-new 2020 Mercedes-benz GLS SUV That You Really Need To See / BMW Replies A Twitter User Asking For A Free Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Shame In Asking Questions...do You Really Know Car? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:28pm On May 25
I'm no longer ashame to ask
Please what's the function of this in a car?

Re: No Shame In Asking Questions...do You Really Know Car? by Elsueno: 8:04pm On May 28
isn't that just cruise control

Browse YouTube in how to use it, pretty fun for long journeys

The small button just below the gear numb in ur picture deactivates overdrive mode. pressing it prevent Ur car going into higher gears. Not really necessary unless used ur car to pack plenty plenty loads or pull another car etc.

1 Like

Re: No Shame In Asking Questions...do You Really Know Car? by lonelydora: 3:52am On May 29
oluseyiforjesus:
I'm no longer ashame to ask
Please what's the function of this in a car?

This is called "Cruise Control".

Push that side button (ON-OFF) in to activate the cruise control, then accelerate to the speed you want, and push that stick down (SET), then remove your leg from the accelerator, the car will maintain that speed.

NB: Cruise Control activates from any speed above 60km/hr.

Once you step on the brakes, it deactivates. To reactivate it, just push the stick up (RES. It actually means RESUME), the car will accelerate itself to the set speed, as long as the "Cruise" is still illuminated on the instrument cluster. That is, the side button is still depressed.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

..... / Are You Know How Long To Charge A Car Battery At 6 Amps In 2020? / Common Suspension Noises And Causes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.