Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,984 members, 7,863,507 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:10 PM

Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience (309 Views)

Nigerian Man Raised Alarm Over The Rate At Which Nigerians Marry Foreigner. Vid / The Journey Back Home To Nigeria | A Very Warm Welcome / Seven Reasons To Consider A Career In Logistics & Supply Chain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience by Sapasenator: 4:13pm On May 26
I will probably never go to Nigeria again.

Nigerians are lovely people. I've been to Nigeria many times and have never had a bad experience. However that may be because Jason, with his AK-47 never left my side. He wasn't there because I requested him to be. Our client who was Nigerian, simply arranged Jason as a matter of course.

Nigeria is a big country and has some beauty spots, but Lagos, where I spent most of my time, isn't one of them. To be blunt, it's a crowded jumble of ruins and part constructed buildings with a few nice compounds. It's also got a bit of a problem with rubbish, insofar as it's everywhere. I don't know how often it's collected, but my guess is seldom.

The world is full of lovely places, and that's why I won't be rushing back to Nigeria. There's only a finite amount of time available. Sorry.

What do you guys think

Re: Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:34pm On May 26
Sapasenator:
I will probably never go to Nigeria again.

Nigerians are lovely people. I've been to Nigeria many times and have never had a bad experience. However that may be because Jason, with his AK-47 never left my side. He wasn't there because I requested him to be. Our client who was Nigerian, simply arranged Jason as a matter of course.

Nigeria is a big country and has some beauty spots, but Lagos, where I spent most of my time, isn't one of them. To be blunt, it's a crowded jumble of ruins and part constructed buildings with a few nice compounds. It's also got a bit of a problem with rubbish, insofar as it's everywhere. I don't know how often it's collected, but my guess is seldom.

The world is full of lovely places, and that's why I won't be rushing back to Nigeria. There's only a finite amount of time available. Sorry.

What do you guys think

Nawaoo
Re: Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience by EreluRoz: 4:36pm On May 26
He should not come nobody wants him here. As if there's any big deal about their country.
Many Nigerians living abroad are returning back.
Re: Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience by Sapasenator: 4:53pm On May 26
EreluRoz:
He should not come nobody wants him here. As if there's any big deal about their country.

Erelu, don't even go there! Nigerians queue up like they're waiting for a blockbuster movie just to get a visa to this man's country. They even give testimonies in churches when they score a visit visa! Now, Nigerians abroad? That's a whole different story. No matter how long we stay away, we'll always be Naija at heart. Pretend all you want, but once you’ve lived in Nigeria, it sticks with you. We’re not like those foreigners abroad.

And about what he said regarding Lagos, come on, we can always do better and improve. We’re a work in progress!

1 Like

Re: Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience by EreluRoz: 4:59pm On May 26
Sapasenator:

Erelu, don't even go there! Nigerians queue up like they're waiting for a blockbuster movie just to get a visa to this man's country. They even give testimonies in churches when they score a visit visa! Now, Nigerians abroad? That's a whole different story. No matter how long we stay away, we'll always be Naija at heart. Pretend all you want, but once you’ve lived in Nigeria, it sticks with you. We’re not like those foreigners abroad.

And about what he said regarding Lagos, come on, we can always do better and improve. We’re a work in progress!
You are talking about past glory, don't tell me you ain't aware Nigerians are coming back home.
I'll never advise anyone with a good job here to leave. More are still coming as we speak
Re: Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience by Sapasenator: 5:29pm On May 26
EreluRoz:
You are talking about past glory, don't tell me you ain't aware Nigerians are coming back home.
I'll never advise anyone with a good job here to leave. More are still coming as we speak

Are you for real? Which jobs? Coming back home is to create jobs and unite with family members as I do not see any job I can possibly do in Nigeria.
Re: Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience by EreluRoz: 5:39pm On May 26
Sapasenator:

Are you for real? Which jobs? Coming back home is to create jobs and unite with family members as I do not see any job I can possibly do in Nigeria.
Obviously the Lagos life idea has made you project that on other part of the country, there are cool jobs better than your abroad jobs.
Re: Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience by Sapasenator: 5:41pm On May 26
EreluRoz:
Obviously the Lagos life idea has made you project that on other part of the country, there are cool jobs better than your abroad jobs.

Which state has a better job than Lagos in Nigeria. I am waiting for you?
Re: Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience by Writervick(m): 5:57pm On May 26
Really?
Re: Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience by Sapasenator: 6:00pm On May 26
Writervick:
Really?

I know you’re going to say Abuja, but let’s be real—aside from the government jobs, which you can't get without some serious connections, there's not much industrial activity going on there. Why do you think Lagos is so overcrowded?
Re: Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience by psalmylee(m): 8:31pm On May 26
EreluRoz:
..Returning to your father's house abii ?
Dey deceive yourself
Oju e ma bo
Re: Reasons To Never Visit Nigeria - A foreigner's experience by Sapasenator: 8:53pm On May 26
grin cool cool grin I have a feeling say na woman the onyinbo man find come Naija and dem go don show am shege banza!

(1) (Reply)

An Online Skill Or A Manual Job / Is It Chriistmas Or Easter / First Time Parents, Let's Discuss Our Child Milestone Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.