Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,967 members, 7,863,445 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:52 PM

More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp (451 Views)

Gale Of Resignations Hit Edo PDP / Ihedioha: More Resignations Continue To Hit Imo PDP / Jerry Gana, Audu, Others Decamp To PDP At Zonal Congress In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp by senatordave1(m): 6:52pm On May 26
23rd May 2024

The Chairman
PDP Ward 1
Ugbogbo
Igarra

Dear Chairman.

I am writing to formally resign from The Peoples Democratic Party, effective immediately.

This decision has not been made lightly, but after considerable reflection, I find it absolutely necessary to take this step.

The PDP has changed radically in content and form negatively particularly over the last 4 years , that it has become almost unrecognisable as the party I joined with much enthusiasm in 1999.

I had the honour and privilege of serving the Party our State and Country as a Federal Commissioner in the Presidency and in the Public Complaints Commission, then under the National Assembly .

I ran two elections to the National Assembly and supported several elections in every way imaginable including the election of the outgoing government in Edo State.

Over the years, I have dedicated myself to the values and mission of our party.

In consequence I have been a major plank in my Federal constituency, my Senatorial district and indeed the State. Needless to say my Federal Constituency has consistently been the largest contributor to PDP votes in the Edo North Senatorial district.

However, recent actions and decisions by the Government and its leadership have profoundly conflicted with my personal values and the core principles I believed our party stood for.

It has become clear that the direction in which the party is heading is no longer one that I can, in good conscience, support.

I have always believed that politics should always be centred on persistent efforts at harmony, reward loyalty and consistency not friction and complete disregard for historical sacrifices and contributions from Senior party members and followers alike.

I have also always believed in integrity, transparency, and accountability in public service.

Unfortunately, the recent policies and strategies pursued by our government and its leadership reflect a deviation from these essential principles.

The disconnect between the party’s current stance and my own beliefs makes it impossible for me to continue my association with the PDP.

My commitment to serving our community and working towards meaningful change remains unwavering.

I will continue to advocate for the issues that matter to me, albeit through different avenues that align more closely with my values and vision for our future.

I am grateful for the opportunities and experiences I have had during my time with the PDP .

I have had the privilege of working with many dedicated individuals, and I wish the party success in its future endeavors.

Please consider this letter as my formal resignation from the PDP and all related roles and responsibilities. I trust that the necessary arrangements will be made promptly to reflect this change.

Sincerely,

Otunba Oladele Bankole-Balogun .
Oteniete of Igarra

Federal Commissioner ,
Public Complaints Commission. (2012-2015)

Cc : Chief Hilary Otsu
State Secretary
PDP
Benin-City

Chief Dan Osi Orbih
National Vice Chairman
PDP

Mynd44
Nplfmod
Fergie001
Seun
Seunmsg
Mymouth
Aswani
Jorussia
Akpakomiza2
Kedeojo

Re: More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp by senatordave1(m): 6:54pm On May 26
More

Re: More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp by Wealthyonos(m): 7:28pm On May 26
None of my business
Re: More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp by senatordave1(m): 8:59pm On May 26
Wealthyonos:
None of my business

It is if your an edolite
Re: More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp by Validated: 9:15pm On May 26
Means NOTHING ... in 2020 even commissioners resign, but Obaseki decimated APC at the polls. In Edo State, the APC is Customer Dada ni!
Re: More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp by senatordave1(m): 10:11pm On May 26
Validated:
Means NOTHING ... in 2020 even commissioners resign, but Obaseki decimated APC at the polls. In Edo State, the APC is Customer Dada ni!

Yes he decimated APC using godfatherism factor so this time APC will decimate him using that same factor boy

3 Likes

Re: More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp by kedeojo(m): 10:46pm On May 26
senatordave1:

Yes he decimated APC using godfatherism factor so this time APC will decimate him using that same factor boy
don't mind him, that man is very popular in my LGA, Akoko edo and he his from my town. Pdp is finished in the local government. All round the state, heavy weight politicians are moving from pdp, just because of that ingrate. There are many factor voters will used to shame him and Ighodalo. Senator Opeboho will emerge victorious. Anybody who follows the politics of our LGA will attest to it that he singlehandedly keep pdp afloat for many years. Apart from federal appointment, he has be given scholarship to student for more than ten years now and also to widows too across the LGA.

2 Likes

Re: More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp by senatordave1(m): 10:47pm On May 26
kedeojo:
don't mind him, that man is very popular in my LGA, Akoko edo and he his from my town. Pdp is finished in the local government. All round the state, heavy weight politicians are moving from pdp, just because of that ingrate. There are many factor voters will used to shame him and Ighodalo. Senator Opeboho will emerge victorious. Anybody who follows the politics of our LGA will attest to it that he singlehandedly keep pdp afloat for many years. Apart from federal appointment, he has be given scholarship to student for more than ten years now and also to widows too across the LGA.

But marvellous omobayo is strong
Re: More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp by BERNIMOORE: 1:09am On May 27
Validated:
he decimated The then APC because Buhari is not in control, using wike support, wike allegedly sponsored his 2nd term with over 600 million, wike not backing him again, oshiomole not backing him, Oba of Benin not backing him Tinubu the president not backing him, shuaibu who was the Brain behind his success not backing him, Buhari not backing him because he allowed oshiomole to be Rubbished but now we have a new sherrif in town...Tinubu.....who is going to give all logistic supports.
Re: More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp by senatordave1(m): 1:15am On May 27
BERNIMOORE:
he decimated The then APC because Buhari is not in control, using wike support, wike allegedly sponsored his 2nd term with over 600 million, wike not backing him again, oshiomole not backing him, Oba of Benin not backing him Tinubu the president not backing him, shuaibu who was the Brain behind his success not backing him, Buhari not backing him because he allowed oshiomole to be Rubbished but now we have a new sherrif in town...Tinubu.....he is ngoint to give all logistic supports.

Game over
Re: More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp by Innomama7(m): 1:48am On May 27
I don't see what you wrote there all I know AI is your governor matter sector shocked
Re: More Resignations Hit Edo Pdp As Ex Federal Commissioner,others Decamp by senatordave1(m): 2:09am On May 27
Innomama7:
I don't see what you wrote there all I know AI is your governor matter sector shocked

Okpebholo is the incoming governor

(1) (Reply)

Five People Gunned Down In Maiduguri / Nigeria Military Detains French TV Journalists / Presidency Orders Chevron To Provide Electricity To Delta Oil Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.