Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,250 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:46 PM

Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others (16205 Views)

3 Die As Car Plunges Into Omo River On Sagamu-benin Expressway / Accident On Kaduna-Abuja Road Kills 12, Injures 25 / FG Patches Potholes On Sagamu-Ore Axis Of The Lagos-Benin Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by NaijaCover(m): 7:48pm On May 26
No fewer than four people have lost their lives while another four were injured on Sunday in an accident that occurred at about 12:40 p.m. around MRI, Mosimi along the Sagamu-Ogijo-Ikorodu area of Ogun State.

The crash involved a wine-coloured Toyota Sienna bus with registration number LND945EL and a white convoy bus with registration number AKD232XV.

The fatal crash was blamed on wrongful overtaking and excessive speeding, leading to a head-on collision of the two vehicles.

The spokesperson for the Ogun State Sector Command, Federal Road Safety Corps, Florence Okpe revealed this in a statement sent to journalists on Sunday.

The injured were said to have been taken to the Dasochris Hospital at Gbaga, Ogijo, while the relatives of the dead were said to have come around to claim their corpses for burial.

The statement partly read, “Rescue operation was carried out today, Sunday, 26th May 2024, by a team from FRSC Mosimi Unit Command at MRI on a crash that occurred at about 1240 hrs.

“The crash involved two vehicles with the following details:
wine Toyota Sienna with registration number LND945EL and a white Convoy Bus with registration number AKD232XV.

“Eight people were involved in the crash. Six male adults, one female adult and one female child.”

Okpe said that the four deceased included two male adults, one female adult and one female child while four male adults were injured.

“The injured victims were taken to Dasochris Hospital, Gbaga, Ogijo, while the family took custody of the corpses.

“The suspected causes of the crash were speed and wrongful overtaking which led to the rear collision of the two vehicles,” the statement added.

The Sector Commander, Ogun Sector Command, Anthony Uga has sympathised with the families of the crash victims.

Uga advised motorists to desist from overspeeding and give total attention to driving, as it is very important to be sure of when to overtake and not at will.

He further urged motorists to ensure road markings on overtaking are obeyed.

Source: https://punchng.com/four-die-in-sagamu-ikorodu-road-crash/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by NaijaCover(m): 7:48pm On May 26
Only Almighty God, Will Protect Us From EVIL

5 Likes

Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by ChizzyBuna(m): 8:58pm On May 26
Chaii
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by mbahdi(m): 8:58pm On May 26
Rip to d dead
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by NaijaCover(m): 8:59pm On May 26
ChizzyBuna:
Ok

Bad News Is Getting Too Much, Cha E!
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by strangest(m): 8:59pm On May 26
Leap year
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by deyemia: 8:59pm On May 26
It is very annoying to see a reckless driver, they feel they are beetr than everyone until they kill innocent and careful road users

3 Likes

Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by Exousiang01(m): 8:59pm On May 26
That is impact is mad.
This accident is courtesy of two very stupid drivers.

Drivers can be very funny.

More accidents are caused by stupidity than bad roads.

Most of the traffic on Lagos road are caused by stupid drivers.

7 Likes

Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by Dronedude(m): 8:59pm On May 26
RIP to the dead

Most accidents are avoidable but any kind of accident is preventable. It's just a matter of keeping your madness and recklessness away before doing anything.

2 Likes

Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by Middlewealth: 9:01pm On May 26
Hmm this is serious. May God keep us from evil now and beyond
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by bluefilm: 9:01pm On May 26
Damn
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by CheapHomes1: 9:01pm On May 26
the FRSC focuses on looking vehicles were passengers dont wear seat belts but does not attempt to look for and punish drivers for over speeding or for causing accidents as if not wearing seat belt is the cause of accidents

4 Likes

Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by Michael547(m): 9:02pm On May 26
strangest:
Leap year
You mean accidents don't happen every other year apart from leap year?
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by Udemy77: 9:05pm On May 26
RIP to the departed souls.
Please assist me to survive this moment, it's very critical and I'm dying. lots of challenges including health. Have been down and unable to do my daily hustle. Now to eat and buy drugs are difficult for me. Pls come to my aid.
May God bless you more
Acct numb:
(8073
539268) , Opay.
Z Nana O
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by Dhoneymix(m): 9:09pm On May 26
Funny enough, while growing up, the only thing I knew about that Shagamu road as portrayed by Yoruba Nollywood that time was accident. If they want to say an actor has died in an accident, it will be that Shagamu road.

1 Like

Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by Charmingrascal(m): 9:12pm On May 26
I fear those J5 drivers pass tanker drivers
Many of them are very reckless and always over speeding.
The drivers are mostly northerners who have been on the road overnight and are speeding and rushing to their destination to offload their goods so that they can travel back to the north to load another goods.

1 Like

Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by gift2xl: 9:13pm On May 26
Sorry to the family that lost their loved one's.
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by HarbySloy(m): 9:16pm On May 26
post=130156136:

Source: https://punchng.com/four-die-in-sagamu-ikorodu-road-crash/

I welcome myself back to Nairaland after a very long absenteeism.

Sad, the welcoming is in a bad news post.

No Good News like Bad News, Journalist Motto

R.I.P to the Dead. I think the government should find a solution to this over speeding of vehicles on the roads, like regulator with fines.

2 Likes

Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by Obyangel: 9:16pm On May 26
Terrible, why bad news Everytime?

Nothing to cheer, uplift our soul in this country.

No hope, only hardship and death is what we hear everyday, hope we're not in the great Tinubulation that the Christians do talk about?
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by studycenter: 9:18pm On May 26
Chai!
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by saveman91(m): 9:20pm On May 26
reckless drivers too de para for road no horning before overtaking, a day i will buy my vehicle lets me see any person wey go try me during overtaking
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by obajoey(m): 9:20pm On May 26
The crashed vehicles showed the speed levels
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:23pm On May 26
.....the four deceased included two male adults, one female adult and one female child while four male adults were injured.

So sad.
May the souls of the departed Rest in Peace.

May we not use our hands to bury our children in life.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by highchief1: 9:24pm On May 26
strangest:
Leap year
this year na leap year?
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by NaijaCover(m): 9:24pm On May 26
post=130157546:
So sad.
May the souls of the departed Rest in Peace.

Pray To God Almighty
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by highchief1: 9:24pm On May 26
Michael547:

You mean accidents don't happen every other year apart from leap year?
leap year no Dey easy.people don go this year o
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by badboyTee(m): 9:33pm On May 26
All these Siena Bàstards all the time over speeding
Re: Road Crash On Sagamu/Mosinmi Road Kills Four, Injures Four Others by koyeni(m): 9:34pm On May 26
Most Nigerians drive crazily on the road. No respect for other road users.
Just wasted innocent souls embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG / Ndoni: Story Of Hausa Fishing Community In Rivers / What's The Seats Layout In An Airline?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.