Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,961 members, 7,863,414 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi (10692 Views)

2023 Presidency: Buhari Gave Me Opportunity Past VPs Never Had – Osinbajo / Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad / Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by 2mercy: 8:23pm On May 26
Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II has said he was not given opportunity to defend himself before he was dethroned in 2020. Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, former…

Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II has said he was not given opportunity to defend himself before he was dethroned in 2020.

Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, former governor of Kano, had deposed Sanusi and split the emirate into five.

On Thursday, May 23, 2024, the Kano State House of Assembly heard the motion on the Kano State Emirate Council Amendment Bill and eventually repealed the 2019 Law that allowed for the creation of the five separate emirates from the old Kano Emirates.

The development paved the way for the historic return of Sanusi.

Speaking during an interview with Television Continental (TVC), Sanusi described his return to the throne as a correction of injustice done to the people, culture and tradition of Kano.

He said: “As you know, I was appointed the 14th Emir of the single emirate of Kano in June 2014 and now I am reappointed as the Emir of the single emirate of Kano.

“In between that period, we did not have a single emirate. We had five balkanised emirates and this was an injustice to the history of Kano. It was an attack on our history, our culture, on our traditions, and it was an act of betrayal to our family.

“We thank Allah that today, the emirate has been unified again, its people have been brought together, that an injustice has been corrected because as you know, I was dethroned on an allegation of insubordination which was never specified.

“I was never given an opportunity to defend myself but I have never spoken about it because I’ve always assumed that when the time is up, it’s up. Today, I thank God that God has remained as we know, a faithful God who stands by justice.

“I would also like to express my thanks to his excellency Alhaji Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu without whose principled stance of non-interference in the internal affairs of the state, this would not have been possible.

“The president has shown that he is a respecter of the constitution and the separation of powers, he recognises that this is a purely local matter and that the government has a responsibility to do what is right for the state.

“I’m aware that he has resisted all pressure to get the federal government to be involved.

“This for me is a continuation of service that I started, it is also an opportunity God has given me to improve on my previous tenure.

“We all learn from our mistakes and it is our responsibility to improve on the things we did well and avoid those things we did not do well. Life is a continuous learning process. I’ve enjoyed the break of the last four years.”

https://dailytrust.com/dethronement-ganduje-didnt-give-me-opportunity-to-defend-myself-sanusi/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Writervick(m): 8:25pm On May 26
Why na
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by slivertongue: 8:29pm On May 26
you talk anyhow

7 Likes

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by CuriousCart(f): 8:43pm On May 26
slivertongue:
you talk anyhow

Have you eaten agbado today?

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by SisterAnn(f): 8:43pm On May 26
E don do!

This man too tok. 😯

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Racoon(m): 8:56pm On May 26
A despicable criminal acting as a tyrant. This is why Gandollar is busy asslicking the druggie because that is the only protection he has. However, he will never escape his dollar bribe corruption sometime someday.

12 Likes

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Jostoman: 11:43pm On May 26
He who laugh last, Laugh best ,Almighty Allah has fought your battle for you sir,

APC has suddenly remember that there's rule of law the law that was not in existence when ganduje dethrone you.

17 Likes

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by magoo10(m): 6:42am On May 27
A lesson to those apc urchins supporting tyranny, irresponsibility and oppression today.
Tomorrow the table will surely turn.
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by emmabest2000(m): 8:23am On May 27
Ganduje the D man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Atarakpa: 8:23am On May 27
I laff in hindu's
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by designking: 8:23am On May 27
Here lies Sanusi problem.... He talks too much for a traditional ruler.
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by gracealonev: 8:23am On May 27
S
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:23am On May 27
All of una should get to arrest Ganduje, who led the foundation for this Kano Emirate Brouhaha recently
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Atarakpa: 8:24am On May 27
CuriousCart:

no money to buy the agbado sef

1 Like

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by id4sho(m): 8:24am On May 27
All your enemies have been put to shame tongue

-Gandollar
-NSA
-Aminu Ado Bayero (thuggery and federal might failed)

Tinubu used wisdom by not uttering a word cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by medropoly(m): 8:25am On May 27
Like, If you didn't read through and jump to the comment session and share if you don't give a Bleep
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by malali: 8:26am On May 27
Sanusi Lamido,

Why are you exchanging words over this issue? The power to appoint and remove traditional office holders in a state rests with the state governor, as per the constitution. The Kano State Government has exercised this power by appointing you as the Emir of Kano. If Ado Bayero has grievances, he can seek redress in court, but until then, you are the duly appointed and legal Emir of Kano.

When Peter Obi contested Tinubu's election, did we have two presidents? Were the INEC results nullified outside the courtroom? Were soldiers deployed to protect Peter Obi or Atiku? We must not create new rules as we go along.

Sanusi is the new Emir of Kano, appointed by the state governor within his constitutional authority. Well-meaning Nigerians should urge Ado Bayero to respect the governor's decision and the constitution. No one is above the law. Remember, Sanusi did not lift a finger when Ganduje dethroned him.

Supporting actions that undermine the law will have serious consequences for our democratic processes. Imagine a sitting governor refusing to leave office after being defeated in an election. He obtains a court injunction against INEC’s results, and the federal government deploys soldiers to protect him. This scenario is exactly what you are encouraging.

Ado Bayero should act as a gentleman and accept the governor's decision. He has lost in the political arena and should move on. We must uphold the rule of law and respect the constitutional powers of our elected officials to ensure a stable and democratic future for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by OmotolaDeniro(f): 8:26am On May 27
Thank God for you

Your stolen mandate is back

Long life Shanusi Lamido Emir of Kano

1 Like

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by ohosi4real(m): 8:26am On May 27
There are only two kings in Nigeria can not be dethrone by any elected governor in state.
Oba of Benin and Obi of Onitsha. As for kano emir they are just acting drama because another governor still coming to dethrone the emir in years to come

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Always82: 8:29am On May 27
Sometimes over Sabi the kill monkey.l thing Sanusi need to play cool this time now.

1 Like

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by 10mobile: 8:30am On May 27
designking:
Here lies Sanusi problem.... He talks too much for a traditional ruler.

Let people be themselves for Christ's sake. Everyone can't be dumb. What has he said wrongly?

Although I'm not quite a supporter of SLS, I won't attack him just because he used his god-given mouth to say the obvious. Or, can you tell me that Ganduje was doing well when SLS was criticizing him? Or, should a trado ruler be quiet while his subjects are being misruled?

2 Likes

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Newyorkitis(m): 8:31am On May 27
It was a hasty decision. Let the people in the emirate be prepared to show their means of livelihoods before marrying a second wife henceforth.
Sanusi on point.

1 Like

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Kwaramustgoodag: 8:34am On May 27
Abi
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Kellie069(m): 8:41am On May 27
Ha dollar is a well known fraud! Mugu will soon be relegated politically! Everybody don de get sense small small as per governance issues
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:06am On May 27
Lesson he must have learnt:
Don't interfere in politics again. Remain neutral and keep quiet when it is time to keep quiet.
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by ziragoldd(m): 9:13am On May 27
Sansui how many times did I call u
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Deepthoughts: 9:18am On May 27
2mercy:
Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II has said he was not given opportunity to defend himself before he was dethroned in 2020. Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, former…

https://dailytrust.com/dethronement-ganduje-didnt-give-me-opportunity-to-defend-myself-sanusi/
sanusi is lying,I remembered charges were made against him by the gabduje administration bordering on insubordination n mismanagement of funds for which he was queried,so what opportunity is he talking about, besides talking about injustice,his initial appointment by kwankwaso was even a bigger injustice as he was not the choice of the Kano kingmakers rather it was Aminu Ado Bayero n sanusi knows that,kwankwaso used his authority to appoint his friend sanusi to spite the Bayero ruling house because Ado Bayero was not his supporter, kwankwaso himself alluded to it,the states that has many emirs today were not always like that,new Emirates were created over time, doing same to Kano emirate wouldn't bring the world to an end, sanusi is only using his sleek tongue garnish with English fluency n coupled with his political connections to feather his nest n nothing more.
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Blazebond(m): 9:32am On May 27
Lies,this sanusi is a sleek liar,he was accused of misappropriation of the emirates funds and when asked to defend himself,he refused.
Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by papiwyte(m): 9:37am On May 27
Lies I remembered were invited to questioning which u refused to go, it was included in your dethronement letter

Re: Dethronement: Ganduje Didn’t Give Me Opportunity To Defend Myself – Sanusi by Gandrova: 9:48am On May 27
CuriousCart:

It's the Truth. He talks anyhow.
He is a Royal Emir that should talk less as a role model.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kindly Nominate Your Ministers / What Is The Difference Between Law And Policy? / Igbo And Yoruba Collaboration Can Change Nigeria, If They Bury The Hatchet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.