Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,987 members, 7,863,514 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi (2014 Views)

2027: I’m Not Desperate To Be President — Peter Obi / Yorubas In Kwara, Kogi Demand Merger With South-West / Ohaneze: We’ll Vote Against Atiku, PDP If…… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Ofunaofu: 2:27am On May 27
Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Mr. Peter Obi, has given conditions that would make him accept any merger between his party and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ahead of the 2027 elections.

Reacting to a statement by the presidential candidate of the PDP and former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, on the likelihood of a merger between both parties, the former Anambra State governor said during an interview with NoireTV at the weekend, that he would enter into a merger agreement with any party or individual only if it serves the greater good of Nigeria.

He commended Atiku’s willingness to support him if it benefits the southeastern region of the country and emphasised the need for any merger or alliance to be focused on improving governance and helping the poor, not just winning elections or for state capture.

“I commend Atiku for his statement especially where he said he will support me if it goes to the South East. On the issue of a merger and the coming together of parties, I have always said that as long as any merger or any coming together is to better Nigeria and for governing properly, I am for it. If it is just a merger for election or state capture, I’m not for it. I am not desperate to be president, I am desperate to see Nigeria work, especially for the poor, because we have a lot of potential.

“So, if the merger is to be able to govern Nigeria properly on all those things that will make Nigeria a better place, I am for it. It might be at the party level, it might be at the individual level or at any level, we must come together to be able to build a better Nigeria.”

In an interview with BBC Hausa, Atiku has been engaging Obi to discuss the possibility of a merger and that he would support anyone chosen to represent the PDP in 2027 — even if the candidate is from the south-east.

“This is to anybody that thinks there is going to be a misunderstanding between me and Obi, let me assure you that not even a small issue is going to happen between us. Also we are going to be behind anybody that will be chosen to represent us in the forthcoming elections.

“I have made it clear in my previous speeches that if our parties are going to merge to agree on a candidate from the south-east, as long as he is qualified, we will allow it,” Atiku said.

https://sunnewsonline.com/2027-im-ready-for-merger-with-pdp-if-obi/?amp

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by UTILITYMAY(m): 2:48am On May 27
Okay
Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Splendid235: 5:11am On May 27
APC will start attacking Obi now.

3 Likes

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by jimetagambo: 5:12am On May 27
He has been dropping hints that he is going back to the same group he called the structure of criminality. Starting with the visit to Atiku, Lamido, and Saraki.

That's not surprising though as he once swore that he will never dump APGA for PDP.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Sannisege: 5:20am On May 27
Reunion not merger. I wonder where Atiku will get money to prosecute his 2027 ambition since Emefiele ,Okowa and Buhari’s cabal are no longer in power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Validated: 5:27am On May 27
Anything to root out the evil party, the APC (All Philandering Crooks) is highly welcome.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by jimetagambo: 5:29am On May 27
Sannisege:
Reunion not merger. I wonder where Atiku will get money to prosecute his 2027 ambition since Emefiele ,Okowa and Buhari’s cabal are no longer in power.
He just needs to sell one of his numerous properties in Dubai.

3 Likes

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by jetguy(m): 5:33am On May 27
So Atiku is not going to contest again or I did not decode the message very well 🤭
Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by chatinent: 5:37am On May 27
Nigeria has realistically tired me. I want out.
Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Paraman: 6:00am On May 27
Ofunaofu:

If it is just a merger for election or state capture, I’m not for it. I am not desperate to be president, I am desperate to see Nigeria work, especially for the poor, because we have a lot of potential.

Gbajue baba wyere. See the way the wyere is talking as if he owns the LP.

Someone that made the people of Anambra more poorer they talk nonsense.

Gbajue, you will never become the president or vice president of Nigeria.

Never

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by magoo10(m): 6:01am On May 27
If it is just a merger for election or state capture, I’m not for it. I am not desperate to be president, I am desperate to see Nigeria work, especially for the poor, because we have a lot of potential.

Message sent and well received
Peter Obi is fit and over qualified.

4 Likes

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Ofunaofu: 6:02am On May 27
Paraman:
Gbajue baba wyere

This is a case of mistaken identity

Tinubu is the only Gbaju e baba werey

2 Likes

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by NeckingNgulping(m): 6:03am On May 27
Merging to form an alliance in order to dislodge this callous government can never be a solution even if the aim of usurping and taking over comes true.

Any person's individual interest to emerge as the next president can't fix the monstrous problems of this country too.

Why? The nation is disunited beyond repairs, the hate between tribes is beyond imagination, greedy politicians will never let it work.

We can't live together as one. It won't work. The experiment is not working.

The only solution is disintegration.

Divide this country now.

2 Likes

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by LordIsaac(m): 6:05am On May 27
grin grin grin
Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Justiceganduje: 6:06am On May 27
Paraman:

Never
Call him whatever you want, at least he can never shout ebin pawa in his life, unlike you.

1 Like

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by beerfraud(f): 6:07am On May 27
Agulu Pandora is going back to his vomit
Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Justiceganduje: 6:08am On May 27
magoo10:

Message sent and well received
Peter Obi is fit and over qualified.
Nigerians are solidly behind Obi.

3 Likes

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Justiceganduje: 6:08am On May 27
beerfraud:
Agulu Pandora is going back to his vomit
What are you going to eat today bro?
Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by EmperorCaesar(m): 6:09am On May 27
"...if it goes to the South East"

I thought you guys don't care about presidency as other regions aren't better

So Una even want am like this

It's coming from Obi and I believe it, the opinion of any riffraff on NL here is consequential

1 Like

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by seanfer(m): 6:10am On May 27
If the merger will benefit South East. And Obi think Atiku will step down for him?
You're not desperate to become the president, but your actions since the last election says otherwise.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Capernum: 6:11am On May 27
Ofunaofu:
Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Mr. Peter Obi, has given conditions that would make him accept any merger between his party and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ahead of the 2027 elections.

Reacting to a statement by the presidential candidate of the PDP and former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, on the likelihood of a merger between both parties, the former Anambra State governor said during an interview with NoireTV at the weekend, that he would enter into a merger agreement with any party or individual only if it serves the greater good of Nigeria.

He commended Atiku’s willingness to support him if it benefits the southeastern region of the country and emphasised the need for any merger or alliance to be focused on improving governance and helping the poor, not just winning elections or for state capture.

“I commend Atiku for his statement especially where he said he will support me if it goes to the South East. On the issue of a merger and the coming together of parties, I have always said that as long as any merger or any coming together is to better Nigeria and for governing properly, I am for it. If it is just a merger for election or state capture, I’m not for it. I am not desperate to be president, I am desperate to see Nigeria work, especially for the poor, because we have a lot of potential.

“So, if the merger is to be able to govern Nigeria properly on all those things that will make Nigeria a better place, I am for it. It might be at the party level, it might be at the individual level or at any level, we must come together to be able to build a better Nigeria.”

In an interview with BBC Hausa, Atiku has been engaging Obi to discuss the possibility of a merger and that he would support anyone chosen to represent the PDP in 2027 — even if the candidate is from the south-east.

“This is to anybody that thinks there is going to be a misunderstanding between me and Obi, let me assure you that not even a small issue is going to happen between us. Also we are going to be behind anybody that will be chosen to represent us in the forthcoming elections.

“I have made it clear in my previous speeches that if our parties are going to merge to agree on a candidate from the south-east, as long as he is qualified, we will allow it,” Atiku said.

I voted for Obi in the last election. But really, an Atiku and Obi merger will defeat Tinubu any day any time.

Atiku won't accept to be Obi's vice but if Obi accepts to be Atiku's vice, they will win convincingly.

I welcome a merger between them. Something must happen fast as Tinubu is ready to destroy this nation beyond redemption. Omo yoruba ni mi o...

1 Like

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Max24: 6:13am On May 27
So Obi is going back to his vomit. Good luck to Obi and his supporters.

5 Likes

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by beerfraud(f): 6:15am On May 27
Justiceganduje:
What are you going to eat today bro?
I’m not poor like you

1 Like

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by EmperorCaesar(m): 6:16am On May 27
LordIsaac:
grin grin grin

Bro, talk na
You no say anything, u just laugh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by magoo10(m): 6:26am On May 27
Justiceganduje:
Nigerians are solidly behind Obi.
Always
You can say that again

1 Like

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Paraman: 6:32am On May 27
Justiceganduje:
Call him whatever you want, at least he can never shout ebin pawa in his life, unlike you.
You think am hungry like you and your parents? You better speak for yourself alone
Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Paraman: 6:33am On May 27
Ofunaofu:

This is a case of mistaken identity

Tinubu is the only Gbaju e baba werey
Gbajue will never become the president or vice president of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:50am On May 27
Nigerians are lucky to have someone like you sir.

Th
Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:51am On May 27
Nigerians are lucky to have someone like you sir.

The hardship that BATeria brought need to be corrected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by idamokoemmanuel(m): 7:09am On May 27
We all needs a better Nigeria, so any to make Nigeria work again is a better idea.
Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Lovelive: 7:19am On May 27
Is that all, acclaimed Kings maker?

Paraman:

Never
Re: 2027: I’m Ready For Merger With PDP If…- Obi by Judgementa1: 8:07am On May 27
Desperate man.

Ekwensu of Anambra then, messiah now.

What an irony.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tension Hits NASS As Tinubu Sets To Scrap Senate (2012) / Why Do You Behave Like You Hate Nigeria So Much? / Obasanjo May Marry Liberian President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.