Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,963 members, 7,863,426 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:33 PM

Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League (6587 Views)

Governor Obaseki Gives Edo Queens Players ₦1 Million Each For Winning NWFL / Birmingham 2022: Olarinoye Wins Nigeria's First Gold, Makes History / See The Muslim Womens Football Team That Has 8 Male Players Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by Ambitious21: 9:51am On May 27
This money is not encouraging
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by Jostoman: 9:53am On May 27
Congratulation and well done to Obaseki.
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by udomonday: 9:57am On May 27
medropoly:
Congrats to them but believe I see no queen among them. Just strong strong faces. "No offense"
they are queens by all means.
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by Omodua(m): 10:22am On May 27
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crpGhSCZ5PQ?si=Vgv0GMGTULZDbiOa

https://www.completesports.com/edo-queens-win-2024-nwfl-title/
Women Football league has not been competitive. Hence winners don't do well on the continent.

I suggest number of participants should be increased to shore up its competitiveness.

Edo Queens may not do well on the continent because of non competitive nature of the league.
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by Emma1Oj(m): 10:35am On May 27
oxygeng:
Caf champions league final has been played, no single noise from any quarters in Africa. Until UEFA CL final, you will see hypocrisy of the highest order everywhere. One day una go wise
cry cry baby. What do you want us to do for you to stop you from crying?
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by Abujaexpress: 10:52am On May 27
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by RickyJesus: 11:11am On May 27
RevenuesBoost:
What is Emem Essien doing in Edo?

That's a Cross River/Akwa Ibom Name

Glad to know that a Cross River / Akwa Ibom woman is making up an Edo team.

So you think all the prayers are from Edo?
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by RickyJesus: 11:12am On May 27
oxygeng:
Caf champions league final has been played, no single noise from any quarters in Africa. Until UEFA CL final, you will see hypocrisy of the highest order everywhere. One day una go wise
That's not how it works, people won't just start to care; you have to give them a reason to.
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by kennyz247(m): 11:38am On May 27
naptu2:

That's just the Super 6. There is a regular season (the teams are divided into 2 groups of 8 ), then the top 6 teams at the end of the regular season play a Super 6 competition to determine the winner of the league.

The French League does something similar with their Super 4 Playoff.
Thank you for the insight
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by oxygeng: 12:19pm On May 27
RickyJesus:

That's not how it works, people won't just start to care; you have to give them a reason to.
like what reasons? listen, most of these clubs people worship in europe today are literally powered by the care shown by the locals. not necessarily Government or club excecutives.
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by RickyJesus: 12:49pm On May 27
oxygeng:

like what reasons? listen, most of these clubs people worship in europe today are literally powered by the care shown by the locals. not necessarily Government or club excecutives.
If things are not set in place, what passion do you expect to see.

There should be access to very cheap busses that would be taking people to the stadium with a well subsidized ticket or different promoters should pay for it.

The energy to use to watch a Nigeria match in Nigeria and much compare to watching an European match.

They should make it convenient and people will come.
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by oxygeng: 2:07pm On May 27
RickyJesus:

If things are not set in place, what passion do you expect to see.

There should be access to very cheap busses that would be taking people to the stadium with a well subsidized ticket or different promoters should pay for it.

The energy to use to watch a Nigeria match in Nigeria and much compare to watching an European match.

They should make it convenient and people will come.
I don't know what you mean by energy to watch nigeria match and European match.
As per having free rides to the stadium is very funny. I was in Wolverhampton for some time, you need to see what the locals have to go through on a match day. Yet the passion remains, same way villa fans does in Birmingham. Forget the television images its not all that smooth and straight forward. Africans needs to start believing in themselves.
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by RickyJesus: 2:22pm On May 27
oxygeng:

I don't know what you mean by energy to watch nigeria match and European match.
As per having free rides to the stadium is very funny. I was in Wolverhampton for some time, you need to see what the locals have to go through on a match day. Yet the passion remains, same way villa fans does in Birmingham. Forget the television images its not all that smooth and straight forward. Africans needs to start believing in themselves.
Pyramid of need doesn't agree with that, Nigerians haven't gotten to that stage yet. They have not put things in place to stimulate that industry.
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by Uniquekriss(m): 2:38pm On May 27
Congratulations girls. I've missed watching you girls train at School of Health stadium at Dumez Road in Benin. I knew you girls would go far whenever I watched them train. I make sure to give some outstanding players small thing after their training close to my house earlier this year.
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by Uniquekriss(m): 2:40pm On May 27
RevenuesBoost:
What is Emem Essien doing in Edo?

That's a Cross River/Akwa Ibom Name

Glad to know that a Cross River / Akwa Ibom woman is making up an Edo team.

the club is filled with more of Yoruba girls than even Edo. That's the part I don't like so much, Edo girls wey dey Italy and Spain na I'm wan come play suffer head ball for Upper?
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by pak: 7:33pm On May 27
naptu2:

That's just the Super 6. There is a regular season (the teams are divided into 2 groups of 8 ), then the top 6 teams at the end of the regular season play a Super 6 competition to determine the winner of the league.

Thanks for the context

It was not in the original post
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by BALLOSKI: 3:37am On May 28
Rikze:
shocked

Bayelsa Queens started well and gave their fans early hope only to drop points against Heartland Queens.

They had a perfect opportunity to win it on home soil but they lost out.
just 10 games in this women league?
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by naptu2: 4:59am On May 28
BALLOSKI:

naptu2:

Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by Rikze: 6:43am On May 28
BALLOSKI:

What they just concluded was the super six.
Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by BALLOSKI: 5:18am On May 30
Rikze:

What they just concluded was the super six.
Alright.

1 Like

Re: Edo Queens Wins Nigeria Womens Football League by BALLOSKI: 5:18am On May 30
naptu2:

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mino Raiola Dead: Football Agent For Paul Pogba And Erling Haaland Dies Aged 54 / All You Need To Know About The Maiden Edition of HiFL Competition / 'Quit Now!' Okocha Urges Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.