Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,994 members, 7,863,571 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:23 PM

Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra (15140 Views)

Five Killed As Cement-laden Truck Rams Into Vehicle In Cross River (Graphic) / Truck Rams Into Building In Ijebu-Ode: Mum, Daughter, 1 Other Crushed To Death / Truck Rams Into Tricycle In Onitsha, One Dies, Others Injured (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by NaijaCover(m): 12:50pm On May 27
There was panic at No 161 Beverly Hills Estate, GRA in Onitsha, Anambra State, on Sunday, when a 40-foot truck with registration no Delta ASB 405YZ, laden with cement rammed into the building.

Although no life was lost in the incident, PUNCH Metro gathered that the driver lost control of the vehicle while navigating the hilly road and rammed into the residential building smashing two exotic cars, a perimeter fence gate, and pillars, among others.

Trouble was said to have started when the driver refused to heed the warning from the Chief Security Officer of the estate, who advised him to turn back that heavy-duty vehicles were prohibited from plying the estate due to the topographic nature of the environment.

A source who spoke to our correspondent in the estate on the condition of anonymity said, “As the driver insisted on continuing with his destination to where the cement would be off-loaded in an uncompleted building, he tried to negotiate his way, but the weight of the cement forced the vehicle to descend the hill immediately and in the process, it rammed into the residential building, smashing the two cars, perimeter fence gate, wall, and pillars of the house, among others.”

The landlord, Uche Adoga, a retired civil servant, said his family members were upstairs in the one-storey duplex when the incident occurred about 8 am on the fateful day.

Adoga said, I was with my family upstairs when I heard a deafening noise and I became shocked. When I looked outside and saw that people had gathered, I went into a coma before regaining consciousness later.

“My two cars, including the one I newly bought and a Venzer jeep were all smashed by the truck. The truck rammed into the compound, smashed the fence gate, wall, pillars and many other items beyond recognition

“The driver who is currently being detained at 3’3 police station, was said to be making calls when the incident happened and wanted to run away, but was held by sympathisers and some landlords.”

He narrated that the driver was taken to the police station where he was being detained and the truck had been towed to the police station with the help of the landlords who blamed the driver for not taking the advice given to him earlier not to ply the estate.

The worst is that since the incident happened, the principal to the driver has not shown any concern by coming to ascertain the extent of destruction and discuss with me how to come out of the woods because we are human beings. He wants to frustrate me and my family,” he said.

When contacted, the Divisional Police Officer in charge of 3’3 Police Station, CSP Chukwunonso Onunkwo, was not on seat but a senior police officer, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed the detention of the driver but declined further comment.

Source: https://punchng.com/panic-as-truck-rams-into-anambra-residential-building/

2 Likes

Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by NaijaCover(m): 12:50pm On May 27
What Is Really Happening Inside Our Onitsha
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by chikason22(m): 1:29pm On May 27
The driver is one of those stubborn aboki truck drivers. Detain him and his truck and of course the cement. If they refused to pay for demages, the stupid driver, the cements and the truck should be sold off. I don't like what I hate.
I hate absolute and conjugated stupidity
🙁🙁🙁
What if he killed the occupant of the said building, by now he would have been roasted.
What is SIN?
Simple Instructions Neglected.
Sell the useless driver if their not willing to pay for damages. 😡😡😡

13 Likes

Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by EnglishUsa: 1:29pm On May 27
D
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by SlavaUkraini: 1:29pm On May 27
The Truck Owner don buy market
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by Bunnatex(m): 1:29pm On May 27
Someone will be at home and Wahala will just come to him

7 Likes

Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by optimistfeel(m): 1:29pm On May 27
May God have mercy upon us all....
Divine protection is what we prayed for now and always 🙏🙏🙏

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by Pickieox(m): 1:29pm On May 27
Thunder fire all APC supporters, paid media agents on NL supporting APC vices and shenanigans. Your days are numbered.

7 Likes

Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by 99thEnemy(m): 1:30pm On May 27
This is unacceptable. grin

Tinubu should pay the landlord compensation for the death of his properties. grin

Accept my Condolence.

On behalf of Obi. cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by Bellgal: 1:30pm On May 27
I'm sure the driver slept off 🤔

1 Like

Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by BOSSkesh(m): 1:31pm On May 27
What is happiness this Nigeria
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by Sofistcatdmoron: 1:31pm On May 27
Anambra and truck accident

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by Chidex50(m): 1:32pm On May 27
post=130166181:
What Is Really Happening Inside Our Onitsha
Anambra na your base. Can you travel around Nigeria? Don't be an only local reporter

1 Like

Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by Newyorkitis(m): 1:32pm On May 27
Wow!
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by id4sho(m): 1:33pm On May 27
tongue
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by Bwilliam(m): 1:33pm On May 27
My bro about to get that paid, if it's dngt cement truck.
Hope he has the sense to call his lawyer immediately.
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by igwebuike01: 1:35pm On May 27
Aboki driver
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by EmmyMaestro(m): 1:35pm On May 27
The almighty God will deliver us from reckless drivers in Jesus name
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by AbuTwins: 1:36pm On May 27
Calamity and Prosperity are part of life

Alhamdulillah in all situations!

No village people anywhere, na we we!
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by Ezehillary(m): 1:36pm On May 27
Nawa
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by omoredia: 1:36pm On May 27
Hope nobody was residing at the time
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by Angelfrost(m): 1:37pm On May 27
Smashing 2 exotic cars...!

Village people don build estate for that driver destiny. cry
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by Ezehillary(m): 1:37pm On May 27
AbuTwins:
grin
are you laughing
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by Tonyx5(m): 1:41pm On May 27
Sometimes, the outcome of stubbornness can be really fatal. That driver is lucky no lives were lost, however, he is in a deep mess. Nigerians need to understand that actions have consequences.
I wonder if the poor landlord has his building and vehicles insured.
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by AbuTwins: 1:41pm On May 27
Ezehillary:
are you laughing

Na place holder! lol!
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by emmabest2000(m): 1:45pm On May 27
Fake news
No clear picture abi ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by rayvelez(m): 1:46pm On May 27
I hope it’s not Dangote truck
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by Henix(m): 1:51pm On May 27
Tonyx5:
Sometimes, the outcome of stubbornness can be really fatal. That driver is lucky no lives were lost, however, he is in a deep mess. Nigerians need to understand that actions have consequences.
I wonder if the poor landlord has his building and vehicles insured.

Whether the cars and the house are insured? In Nigeria? Anambra man for that matter.

The cement and the truck will be auctioned for replacement of the damaged cars
Re: Truck Rams Into A Residential Building In Anambra by JagabanB: 1:53pm On May 27
chikason22:
The driver is one of those stubborn aboki truck drivers. Detain him and his truck and of course the cement. If they refused to pay for demages, the stupid driver, the cements and the truck should be sold off. I don't like what I hate.
I hate absolute and conjugated stupidity
🙁🙁🙁
What if he killed the occupant of the said building, by now he would have been roasted.
What is SIN?
Simple Instructions Neglected.
Sell the useless driver if their not willing to pay for damages. 😡😡😡
If the driver is found out to be an lgb0, what will you now say?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria / Tanker Explosion Rocks Gwagwa, Abuja (Video, Photos) / 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.