Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,994 members, 7,863,564 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:13 PM

UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season (34557 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Nominated For Women's Ballon D'or 2022 - (Full List Of Nominees) / Iheanacho's Goal Against Burnley Nominated For Goal Of The Month. Vote Here. / 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by naptu2: 2:08pm On May 27
Nutmeg bicycle kick goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpvq2P3Cg2c?si=tnQL_BZA9A3NeL29

2023/24 UEFA Women's Champions League Goal of the Season: Asisat Oshoala tops list

Monday, May 27, 2024

UEFA's Technical Observer panel has selected its top ten goals of the 2023/24 UEFA Women's Champions League season.

The top ten goals of the 2023/24 UEFA Women's Champions League campaign have been selected by UEFA's Technical Observer panel, with Nigerian forward Asisat Oshoala taking the prize for Goal of the Season thanks to her stunning bicycle kick for Barcelona against Benfica on Matchday 1.

Also for Barça, midfielder Aitana Bonmatí took second spot for her bending effort in the quarter-final second-leg win against Brann, while Lyon's Delphine Cascarino came third for her long-range strike in the quarter-final second-leg victory over Benfica.

2023/24 UEFA Women's Champions League Goal of the Season

1 Asisat Oshoala (Barcelona 5-0 Benfica) – Group stage Matchday 1, 14/11/23

2 Aitana Bonmatí (Barcelona 3-1 Brann) – Quarter-final second leg, 28/03/24

3 Delphine Cascarino (Lyon 4-1 Benfica) – Quarter-final second leg, 27/03/24

4 Justine Kielland (Brann 2-2 Lyon) – Group stage Matchday 4, 21/12/23

5 Melchie Dumornay (Lyon 3-2 Paris Saint-Germain) – Semi-final first leg, 20/04/24

6 Caroline Graham Hansen (Barcelona 7-0 Rosengård) – Group stage Matchday 4, 21/12/23

7 Erin Cuthbert (Barcelona 0-1 Chelsea) – Semi-final first leg, 20/04/24

8 Olivia Schough (Rosengård 2-2 Benfica) – Group stage Matchday 5, 25/01/24

9 Marie Alidou (Benfica 1-0 Frankfurt) – Group stage Matchday 3, 13/12/23

10 Marie-Antoinette Katoto (Paris Saint-Germain 3-1 Ajax) – Group stage Matchday 5, 24/01/24

https://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/news/028d-1afcf84c08ab-d5e6b4da2e2c-1000--2023-24-uefa-women-s-champions-league-goal-of-the-season/?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by naptu2: 2:09pm On May 27

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by naptu2: 2:22pm On May 27
Aitana Bonmatí named 2023/24 UEFA Women's Champions League Player of the Season

Monday, May 27, 2024

The Barcelona midfielder has won the award for the second season in a row following another stellar campaign.

UEFA's Technical Observer panel has named Barcelona's Aitana Bonmatí as the 2023/24 UEFA Women's Champions League Player of the Season for the second season in succession.

With six goals and six assists, the 26-year-old player had 12 goal contributions – more than any other player this season – and was named Player of the Match after scoring in Barcelona's 2-0 final victory against Lyon, UEFA's Technical Observer panel explaining: "She influenced the game all over the pitch in and out of possession. High progressive passes, high ball recoveries and scored a great goal."

Speaking after the game, Bonmatí said: "Anyone who knows me will say to you, 'She'll never have enough.' I'm such an ambitious person. I'm almost never satisfied with my work, and I always want more. But I try to treasure these moments more and more and I've enjoyed this season the most."

With Bonmatí having won the 2022/23 award, and team-mate Alexia Putellas winning the inaugural award in 2021/22, all three Women's Champions League Players of the Season so far have been Barcelona players.

1 Share

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by naptu2: 2:22pm On May 27
2023/24 Women's Champions League Team of the Season

Monday, May 27, 2024

UEFA's Technical Observer panel has selected its 2023/24 UEFA Women's Champions League Team of the Season.

Goalkeeper

Christiane Endler (Lyon)

Defenders

Lucy Bronze (Barcelona)

Irene Paredes (Barcelona)

Jessica Carter (Chelsea)

Selma Bacha (Lyon)

Midfielders

Patri Guijarro (Barcelona)

Aitana Bonmatí (Barcelona)

Lindsey Horan (Lyon)

Forwards

Caroline Graham Hansen (Barcelona)

Tabitha Chawinga (Paris Saint-Germain)

Kadidiatou Diani (Lyon)

https://www.uefa.com/womenschampionsleague/news/028d-1afcf841e157-7aed3be7fae0-1000--2023-24-women-s-champions-league-team-of-the-season/?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by naptu2: 2:23pm On May 27
Melchie Dumornay named 2023/24 UEFA Women's Champions League Young Player of the Season

Monday, May 27, 2024

Lyon's 20-year-old Haitian forward impressed throughout the 2023/24 UEFA Women's Champions League campaign.

UEFA's Technical Observer panel has named Melchie Dumornay as the 2023/24 UEFA Women's Champions League Young Player of the Season.

The Lyon forward, who joined the club from Reims last year, scored twice and created three assists in five appearances in the tournament in this campaign to help her side reach the final, where they were ultimately beaten 2-0 by Barcelona.

Dumornay won the Player of the Match award in both legs of Lyon's 5-3 aggregate semi-final win over Paris Saint-Germain.

The 20-year-old follows on from last season's winner Lena Oberdorf of Wolfsburg and the inaugural winner of the award in 2021/22, Selma Bacha of Lyon.

1 Share

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by naptu2: 2:45pm On May 27
naptu2:
The problem is FIFA. I know where I would like to go, but I can't go there becuase of FIFA's restrictions.

naptu2:

Well, let me see if it will show anyway.

Chiamaka Nnadozie vs Melchie Dumornay

No, this is not D1 Arkema. They weren't yet superstars here.

This is the 2018 FIFA Under 20 World Cup.

Nigeria vs Haiti

Anam Imo was brought down in the box and Rasheedat Ajibade scored the penalty.

Then it was Melchie Dumornay vs Chiamaka Nnadozie as the Haitians desperately tried to equalise.

Melchie Dumornay is now a superstar midfielder with Olympique Lyon and she is one of the best young players in the world. Chiamaka Nnadozie is now a star goalkeeper at Paris FC and she is one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

Nigeria won 1 - 0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvrsunwsiS4?si=yIPloGNCzg-5wfyr

naptu2:
Just look at that excellent freekick by Dumornay and the excellent save by Nnadozie!
Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by naptu2: 2:45pm On May 27
Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by ElidazielMN2(m): 3:05pm On May 27
Congratulations to her, and i hope she go places, it just 1 year of Tinubu's Administration and a lot of great individual have been making Nigeria proud, i wish she keep soaring high and every other Nigerians reading this !

But Meanwhile

I do offer a Third eyes / Spiritual eyes opening service

If interested ? Pls kindly check my profile

Thank you

" I am Elidaziel "

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by NastiLord: 3:06pm On May 27
This girl go sweet to knack, ma Abasi.

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by Kaybaba5(m): 3:08pm On May 27
This girl will go far

1 Like

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by Austindark(m): 3:09pm On May 27
Great! she did well.

The CR7 of female football.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by Lanre1st(m): 3:09pm On May 27
She left EURO but her good work still speaks for her.

Agba baller!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by KingKayxCee11(m): 3:10pm On May 27
cool
Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by Goldsplash(m): 3:12pm On May 27
Even after leaving Barca, she is still receiving awards under Barca. This one na pension package o!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by OmotolaDeniro(f): 3:13pm On May 27
Congratulations Agba baller

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by OmotolaDeniro(f): 3:13pm On May 27
Congratulations Agba baller.. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by AbuTwins: 3:14pm On May 27
grin

Oshaola Amaka!

Nutmeg bicycle kick goal!
Nutmeg inside cake?

3 Likes

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by Calenikan(m): 3:15pm On May 27
Agba Baller
Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by oluwaseyi0: 3:16pm On May 27
I wish oshoala has come to city

1 Like

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by ufuosman(m): 3:18pm On May 27
Best wishes
Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by SlavaUkraini: 3:19pm On May 27
NastiLord:
This girl go sweet to knack, ma Abasi.

You nor see the Goal she scored, but you saw a sweet pussy to knack because your Prick dey scratch you.
Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by naptu2: 3:21pm On May 27
AbuTwins:
grin

Oshaola Amaka!

Nutmeg bicycle kick goal!
Nutmeg inside cake?

Sangalo + toros.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by haybhi1(m): 3:24pm On May 27
Asisat Oshoala kinging among the females, in global stage.
Ademola Lookman kinging among the males, in global stage.
What do these Nigerian Yoruba Muslims have in common?

Dear Omoluabis, wherever you get, regardless of anything, don't be distracted, keep your head held high and shoot for the best, because it's ingrained. 🤝

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by kasim155: 3:26pm On May 27
Kaybaba5:
This girl will go far

She has already gone far, but she will still go far more.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by naptu2: 3:28pm On May 27
FIFA and UEFA have a habit of blocking their videos from showing on other sites. Click "Watch on YouTube" and you can watch the videos on YouTube.
Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by Tompson88: 3:30pm On May 27
So this Bonmati of a girl is from Spain😁😁how would Nigeria cope against her in the Olympics group stage game,I pity Nigeria defenders.
Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by Beverlyjean(f): 3:32pm On May 27
Austindark:
Great! she did well.

The CR7 of female football.

And she cudnt make team of the season
Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by Felabrity: 3:37pm On May 27
Following Ronaldo footsteps

The GOAT
Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by Honestey: 3:56pm On May 27
My brothers and sisters everywhere. Me too dey hungry to make Nigeria proud and I will.
I won't be known for drugs like my other brothers from another madafaka
Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by MaziObinnaokija: 3:59pm On May 27
cool
Re: UEFA Names Asisat Oshoala's Goal As Goal Of The Champions League Season by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:04pm On May 27
Congratulations

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bayern Munich Vs Liverpool: UCL (1 - 3) On 13th March 2019 / Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 0) On 4th March 2018 / Barcelona Fc Vs Arsenal Fc ( 2005/2006 Uefa Champions League Final)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.