Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,168 members, 7,849,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:54 AM

Churches Told Dying Patients They Were Cured - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Told Dying Patients They Were Cured (762 Views)

Madman Cured After Photo Of Oyedepo Led Him To The Church Branch In Delta (Photo / "I Serve A God Who Answers Prayers" - American Doctor Cured Of Ebola / Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Churches Told Dying Patients They Were Cured by splitnaija(m): 7:53am On Nov 25, 2011
The rate at which inncocent people are being sent to their earlier graves by Churches is becoming alarming. I initially thought it was a Nigerian thing but was taken aback to read an article on how the virus has spread to the UK. Link:- http://uk.news.yahoo.com/churches-told-dying-patients-were-cured-034935993.html

I had a cousin who had sickle cell anaemia, he was able to manage the condition through drugs and medications from childhood to adulthood, bagging his first and second degrees and rose to become a topshot in one of the multinational beverage firms in Nigeria. However, in his late thirties, he was introduced to some pastors who claimed they could cure him of the condition and after some "spiritual" exercises that included fasting and abstaining from his medications for a certain period of time, he was told he had been cured and could do away with the medications. He believed them and stopped taking his drugs. It didn't take long for him to fall into a bout of crisis which unfortunately claimed his life.

Now, the question is should these churches be allowed to continue deluding people and sending them to their early graves? I believe in miracles but the type that these churches profess these days sound too good to be real.
Re: Churches Told Dying Patients They Were Cured by Kay17: 8:05am On Nov 25, 2011
Sorry for your loss. But government cant be used to clamp these ppl, they died with and from their faiths. So personal discretion covers it. The only option is to educate ppl on these matters
Re: Churches Told Dying Patients They Were Cured by splitnaija(m): 8:21am On Nov 25, 2011
Kay 17:

Sorry for your loss. But government cant be used to clamp these ppl, they died with and from their faiths. So personal discretion covers it. The only option is to educate ppl on these matters

Thanks for your empathy. But If we look at it this way, it's like saying people are at liberty to commit suicide at their own discretion. I agree with your point on public enlightenment though, may be that is where government should come in.

(1) (Reply)

Make No Mistake About This : / How Deep Is Your Love For The Jesus! / Whitney Houston 'wanted To See Jesus' Days Before Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.