Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic (8498 Views)

Police Arrests 5 Suspects Over Bomb Blast In Kano / Police Kill Man In Lagos For Driving Against Traffic / Driver & Soldier Arrested On 3rd Mainland Bridge Driving Against Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by sylve11: 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2011
uduaghan won't do that. . . undecided cool
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by Nugwax(m): 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2011
@werepeleri
but to leave his office to arrest people driving against traffic, then, that can only happen in Nigeria.

He didn't leave his office to "arrest people driving against traffic". He was on his way to a function, He just happened to stop when they saw these offenders.

Fashola and his team made the arrests while going to commission a 60-flat housing estate built by the Lagos State Development and Property Corporation (LSDPC) at Apapa
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by EkoIle1: 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2011
^^^^^ Reading and comprehension including bogus comparison obviously failed him.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by werepeLeri: 7:55pm On Nov 26, 2011
Nugwax:

@werepeleri
He didn't leave his office to "arrest people driving against traffic". He was on his way to a function, He just happened to stop when they saw these offenders.

LOL - he didnt leave his office? So he sat in his office while arresting the okada people?

Funny.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by Nugwax(m): 7:59pm On Nov 26, 2011
The reason he left his office was to attend a function- not to arrest traffic offenders. That's my point.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by werepeLeri: 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2011
but u just said he didnt leave his office. Dont confuse people. LOL
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by EkoIle1: 8:01pm On Nov 26, 2011
You are right, he hurry up and leave office to go arrest as soon as den give am report say okada dey commit traffic offense,

Talk about compounding your failure with weak and comedic attempts,

lmao
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2011
Was he wrong to have arrested those okada riderz?
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by Nugwax(m): 8:06pm On Nov 26, 2011
Oga, He can choose to leave his office solely for arresting traffic offenders, however from the article quoted here he was on his way elsewhere and that was what I was pointing out. I meant he didn't leave his office for the purpose of going to arrest people I didn't mean that he did not step out of his office before making the arrest. Wait, do I really have to do this explanation or even keep replying to these post?
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by werepeLeri: 8:06pm On Nov 26, 2011
Nugwax:

Oga, He can choose to leave his office solely for arresting traffic offenders, however from the article quoted here he was on his way elsewhere and that was what I was pointing out. I meant he didn't leave his office for the purpose of going to arrest people I didn't mean that he did not step out of his office before making the arrest. Wait, do I really have to do this explanation or even keep replying to these post?

lol. U know with Fashola, we have to justify him as the most righteous Naija man. He is my man na.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by EkoIle1: 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2011
Nugwax:

This fact is and as we've seen on NL, some don't have to make sense, have basses and foundation or have brains before criticizing, they just do it because they have to regardless, this is their state of mind, it's a default way of thinking and this is a prime example.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by ocelot2006(m): 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2011
The governor must be commended. Kudos.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by ssemire(f): 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2011
@werepeleri, should i assume that you are doing selective reading or simple comprehension is beyond you? don't exhaust sensible readers with your ignorance
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by Daiquiri: 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2011
werepeLeri:

^^^

So you compare burglary and robbery to driving against the traffic?

Hmmmm. No wonder!

You make it worst. Imagine Fashola following the police to burst a robbery gang. He will be too smart to do that.

bookface:

grin grin accept defeat and move on.

werepeLeri:

grin Who has pictures of Obama chasing prostitu tes from America so that these dafties can be happy

and justify Fashola wasting precious time arresting traffic offenders.

Next time, he should show up in Lastma uniform, Fools

^

Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by Tinyemeka(m): 12:05am On Nov 27, 2011
werepeLeri:

lol.

Who has pictures of Obama chasing prostitu tes from America so that these dafties can be happy and justify Fashola wasting precious time arresting traffic offenders.

Next time, he should show up in Lastma uniform, Fools

Quit broadcasting your st.upidity. The picture proof fron Daiquiry ought to have shut you up the first time, but it is obvious that you lack the will-power or common-sense to know when to move on or restrain your diarrhoeic mouth. I wonder what gives you guys the moral right to claim things which obviously belong to other people as your own. I strongly believe you to be a Nigerian, but it is very shameful of you to persistently claim "superiority" of another country over your homeland when the facts right before you show the contrary.

I won't deign you with a reply not to talk of bothering to read any of your posts. You can say whatever you like. It's your runny mouth afterall.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by Jaideyone(m): 2:37am On Nov 27, 2011
How old is this werepe? He reasons like a 10yr old
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by aribisala0(m): 4:56am On Nov 27, 2011
werepeLeri:

^^^

So you compare burglary and robbery to driving against the traffic?

Hmmmm. No wonder!

You make it worst. Imagine Fashola following the police to burst a robbery gang. He will be too smart to do that.
naija no dey ever gree sha grin
guy ha far naa?
methinks u been rumbled and still blagging no one is fooled
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by werepeLeri: 7:18am On Nov 27, 2011
You are all simply very ignorant or find it hard to understand the point. It is only in Nigeria that people have to be thought to obey simple traffic rules, up to the point where the head of a state have to scare other intending erring cyclists or motorists by "arresting" a few- if you like, abuse your father or mother, thats your own. The fact that the London Mayor goes with the police to make a robbery or buglary burst is quite different from Fashola arresting cyclists. If you like, say all you want from today till eternity - it doesnt move me, call me a kid, thats your problem, abuse your father, na u get am.

Nigerians are a bunch I have never seen before when it comes to driving and obeying traffic rules, and instead of agreeing to that, you are here yearning dust and abusing your own parents. But then, next time, we want to see Fashola leading the police to burst a burglary - and since we need him before people can start obeying traffic rules, let him become a LASTMA official.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by werepeLeri: 7:20am On Nov 27, 2011
ssemire:

@werepeleri, should i assume that you are doing selective reading or simple comprehension is beyond you? don't exhaust sensible readers with your ignorance

and your point is?
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by werepeLeri: 7:21am On Nov 27, 2011
Tinyemeka:

Quit broadcasting your st.upidity. The picture proof fron Daiquiry ought to have shut you up the first time, but it is obvious that you lack the will-power or common-sense to know when to move on or restrain your diarrhoeic mouth. I wonder what gives you guys the moral right to claim things which obviously belong to other people as your own. I strongly believe you to be a Nigerian, but it is very shameful of you to persistently claim "superiority" of another country over your homeland when the facts right before you show the contrary.

I won't deign you with a reply not to talk of bothering to read any of your posts. You can say whatever you like. It's your runny mouth afterall.

Then shut the F up. Where is anyone claiming anything that belongs to anyone his own? You lack the capacity to understand. Who is claiming superiority of which country above which? Abeg - move one side, if you cant understand what I wrote, then kindly move on. Na you get your mouth, see as him be for him photo, like person with HIV. Shio.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by EkoIle1: 7:45am On Nov 27, 2011
lol @ one man's show of madness,

Very entertaining indeed.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by werepeLeri: 7:50am On Nov 27, 2011
LOL.

We know the mad people who carries Lagos matter for head like a fish seller.

Well done - one man riot squad who makes no sense all the time.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by jawjaw1: 7:58am On Nov 27, 2011
werepeLeri:

LOL.

We know the mad people who carries Lagos matter for head like a fish seller.

Well done - one man riot squad who makes no sense all the time.

Guy, put that your big 'Were' mouth inside your pocket. Must all of us comment about your ignorance and stupidity before your agree that you are wrong?
Shooo!
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by werepeLeri: 8:18am On Nov 27, 2011
jaw jaw:

Guy, put that your big 'Were' mouth inside your pocket. Must all of us comment about your ignorance and stupidity before your agree that you are wrong?
Shooo!

who you be? You too try put your dirty mouth? Agree I am wrong? Na u dey mark exam for online forum, or who? See how u pride yourself.

Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by nateevs(m): 9:48am On Nov 27, 2011
It's appalling to learn that a grown man cannot see the difference between

He did not left his office "to arrest the offenders"

and

He did not leave his office.

Why do people argue like this?
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 27, 2011
texazzpete:

Yes, even people who sell pure water on the streets need to be beheaded! This will send out a clear message to other intending offenders.
/sarcasm

Perhaps beating is a bit harsh, but as for seizing and crushing their bikes / vehicles, I stand by that. As a teenager, I lost my mom to a driver, whow drove on the wrong side of the road, and slammed into my moms car head on. She and her passenger never stood a chance.

So I feel really strongly about anyone driving against traffic, for whatever reason.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by werepeLeri: 11:01am On Nov 27, 2011
^^^

Sorry bro.

I have racked my head severally on how to assist the authorities in drumming it into people's head the need to decide to obey traffic rules. My organisation is packaging a sponsored programme to educate folks in Nigeria on the need to obey traffic rules without anyone coercing you into doing so. It is a shame when you see educated people driving against traffic and dont even know the meaning of a Zebra Crossing and so on.

Nigerians are just one stubborn people.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by Daiquiri: 11:06am On Nov 27, 2011
Siena:

Perhaps beating is a bit harsh, but as for seizing and crushing their bikes/vehicles, I stand by that.

As a teenager, I lost my mom to a driver, whow drove on the wrong side of the road, and slammed into my moms car head on.

She and her passenger never stood a chance.

So I feel really strongly about anyone driving against traffic, for whatever reason.

@Siena

Sorry to hear about your loss, particularly in such circumstance and/or manner

However personal experience or biased sensibilities when not checked fuels excessives that escalates to the point of undignity like the one below

Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 27, 2011
werepeLeri:

^^^

Sorry bro.

I have racked my head severally on how to assist the authorities in drumming it into people's head the need to decide to obey traffic rules. My organisation is packaging a sponsored programme to educate folks in Nigeria on the need to obey traffic rules without anyone coercing you into doing so. It is a shame when you see educated people driving against traffic and dont even know the meaning of a Zebra Crossing and so on.

Nigerians are just one stubborn people.

Any initiative to halt lunacy on Nigerian roads is welcomed, and it's a bonus when these initiatives work.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by deb(m): 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2011
I could observe dat some pple re trying to justify their idiotic and negative opinion. All I can say is, well done 2 Gov Fashola! For emphasis, he did nt leave his office 4 d purpose of arresting okada, he was just on his way 2 commission a project unlike a mayor 4rm anoda country leaving his duty post on purpose to do police job. People should read well before they make stupid comments.

For the question on arresting Police driving against traffic, Fashola had actually arrested a team of police before and dat was during his 1st tenure. Can't provide you a link 2 back that up 'cos I'm not ready for that stress now; I actually read d story 4rm a newspaper long time ago.
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 27, 2011
@siena the inaciative is going stop the lunacy on our road for a period of time nigeria drivers are stubborn and ignorant
Re: Fashola Arrests 5 'Okada' Riders For Driving Against Traffic by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2011
Adetayo100:

@siena the inaciative is going stop the lunacy on our road for a period of time nigeria drivers are stubborn and ignorant

I understand. That's why the vehicles of blatant offenders should be destroyed. I'm talking real dangerous driving - driving against traffic, driving on pavements, overtaking on blind bends, running red lights, stop signs and zebra crossings. People's lives are more important than anyone's desire to arrive at their destination in record time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hear One Hear All: Subsidy Removal: We’ll Do Better Next Time — Jonathan / Buhari Bans Importation Of Rice, Cement / America Warned Buhari Not To Go To Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.