Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. (1016 Views)

Chilling Confessions Of High-Profile Edo Kidnap Suspects (Pictured) / Gunmen Kidnap American Woman In Kogi (Pictured) / Ritual Killing In Sw Nigeria: 9 Yrs Old Girl Beheaded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by Francis5: 12:57am On Nov 26, 2011
Alleged Kidnappers Docked
Abibatu Sanusi, 39, and Aibano Ayotunde, 49, were on Friday arraigned before a Yaba Magistrates’ Court, Lagos, over alleged unlawful confining and depriving the liberty of one Blessing Ukeh.
The Prosecutor, Mr. James Okorie, told the court that the accused persons sometime in May, 2011, at Ayoredex Medical Centre, 66, Boladale St., conspired to confine 18-year old Ukeh by locking her up.
Okorie said that the accused persons had deprived the victim of her liberty by forcefully detaining her in an uncompleted building with intent to obtain money from her parents.
He said Ukeh was confined in the building for one week and that she was traumatised to the extent of attempting suicide by drinking a substance suspected to be petrol.
Okorie said following police investigation, the accused persons were arrested and detained.
He said the offence was contrary to Sections 517, 365 and 327 of the Criminal Code.
The accused persons pleaded not guilty to the charge.
Counsel to the accused persons, Mr. Olarenwaju Ayo, applied for their bail.
Magistrate Paul Ojo, granted them bail in the sum of N250, 000 and one surety in like sum each, and adjourned the case to December 14 for trial.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/11/25/alleged-kidnappers-docked/
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by volasunkan: 1:23am On Nov 26, 2011
DISCLAIMER NOTICE:This original poster is a notorious poster.He/She/It is a serial poster of rubbish unsubstantiated trash.Readers are adviced to always ignore him.To confirm read all his past posts.

[b]The story carried above has once been reported by punchnewspapers and attracted calls by Nigerians to do a thorough investigation.That this case got to this extent is gladenning but does not call for sensationalism
It is a serious case involving a wayward igbo girl (Blessing Ukeh) who got impregnated by another young igbo okada driver with no reliable means of livelihood.The girl ( Blessing) was delivered at the hospital and could not pay a dime after a successful delivery.The irresponsible igbo lad that imregnated her was no where to be found and the hospital workers failed to release her,according to them,the MD of the hospital was out of town and nobody wants his/her salary deducted to pay for the service rendered to blessing.
According to the punchnewspaper reporter,Blessing was not allowed to leave the hospital and when the hospital staff took pity on her,they gave her a room and asked her to work as a cleaner in the hospital.It was one of the nights that this silly girl fed her baby petrol,according to her,she took petrol to kill herself but mistakenly breastfed her baby and the baby died !
Immediately the hospital workers got wind of it and reported to the police and peole called for more investigation.The guys being arraigned are those unfortunate hospital staff that took pity on her and provided medical help to her only to find out she is completely indigent!As at the time punch reported the news,the silly igbolad that impregnated her was still nowhere to be found![/b]
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by EkoIle1: 1:28am On Nov 26, 2011
^^^ You too should have ignored him, 15 people did, but you did not,

We all know him. Next time, just ignore his nuisance rubbish
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by Francis5: 1:32am On Nov 26, 2011
volasunkan:

DISCLAIMER NOTICE:This original poster is a notorious poster.He/She/It is a serial poster of rubbish unsubstantiated trash.Readers are adviced to always ignore him.To confirm read all his past posts.

[b]The story carried above has once been reported by punchnewspapers and attracted calls by Nigerians to do a thorough investigation.That this case got to this extent is gladenning but does not call for sensationalism
It is a serious case involving a wayward igbo girl (Blessing Ukeh) who got impregnated by another young igbo okada driver with no reliable means of livelihood.The girl ( Blessing) was delivered at the hospital and could not pay a dime after a successful delivery.The irresponsible igbo lad that imregnated her was no where to be found and the hospital workers failed to release her,according to them,the MD of the hospital was out of town and nobody wants his/her salary deducted to pay for the service rendered to blessing.
According to the punchnewspaper reporter,Blessing was not allowed to leave the hospital and when the hospital staff took pity on  her,they gave her a room and asked her to work as a cleaner in the hospital.It was one of the nights that this silly girl fed her baby petrol,according to her,she took petrol to kill herself but mistakenly breastfed her baby and the baby died !
Immediately the hospital workers got wind of it and reported to the police and peole called for more investigation.The guys being arraigned are those unfortunate hospital staff that took pity on her and provided medical help to her only to find out she is completely indigent!As at the time punch reported the news,the silly igbolad that impregnated her was still nowhere to be found![/b]

Source PM NEWS Friday (TODAY), November 25, 2011

Who owns PM news again? Igbo man?
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by Francis5: 1:34am On Nov 26, 2011
It is not new, Yorubas have kidnapped Igbos in SW in the past
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by kelz88(f): 1:35am On Nov 26, 2011
Dem say, dem say, dem say!

Is the man's tribe important?

Is Blessing's tribe important?

Crime is crime. E no dey look tribe. Grow up guys.
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by 9javoice1(m): 1:36am On Nov 26, 2011
The topic is uncalled for. it should be something like " kidnap case in lagos ".

the op gave us his news source
and mr.volasunkan says otherwise and did not provide his source

therefore at the moment i still blv it does happen, not about yoruba igbo nonsense
but the case actualy is in court and with the bail amount says a lot.
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by Francis5: 1:37am On Nov 26, 2011
kelz88:

Dem say, dem say, dem say!

Is the man's tribe important?

Is Blessing's tribe important?

Crime is crime. E no dey look tribe. Grow up guys.

Under normal circumstances tribe is not important. But Nigeria is a tribal country. If in doubt ask nairalanders
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by kelz88(f): 1:38am On Nov 26, 2011
Ye, I see that a lot on here but you shouldn't encourage it.
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by Francis5: 1:39am On Nov 26, 2011
kelz88:

Ye, I see that a lot on here but you shouldn't encourage it.

You mean I should be the lone fighter against tribalism? You arrogate too much power to me already. I am only human like the tribal nairalanders.
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by kelz88(f): 1:45am On Nov 26, 2011
Don't see why we have to turn ANYTHING into an issue of tribe. We have enough problems already.

Whoever wants to be dumb enough in 2011 to think that cos an Igbo man killed his brother all Igbos are killers should carry on with that mentality.

Besides I don't have time to come on here and exchange words with anyone. Did that a few times with my old ID. I've grown up since then and have learned to ignore silly people.

It's the same as reading "all Nigerians are fraudsters".

I rest my case.
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by emiye(m): 1:52am On Nov 26, 2011
^^^ God bless the head on your shoulders!
I have NEVER seen the OP with any reasonable post, other than tribalistic post . SHAME ON HIM.
To add salt to the injury, he makes ridiculous arguments that my 12 year old nephew will not bother arguing with some one like that.
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by Francis5: 1:55am On Nov 26, 2011
emiye:

^^^ God bless the head on your shoulders!
I have NEVER seen the OP with any reasonable post, other than tribalistic post . SHAME ON HIM.
To add salt to the injury, he makes ridiculous arguments that my 12 year old nephew will not bother arguing with some one like that.

I guess reasonableness is in the eyes of the beholder. That an Igbo girl was kidnapped by Yorubas in Yorubaland is reasonable enough for me to post. Being Yoruba yourself (the culprit here), I guess the post will be unreasonable to you. SMH in pity
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by ezeagu(m): 2:13am On Nov 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

No witty comments today?
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by Relax101(m): 3:41am On Nov 26, 2011
Eko Ile:

Mehn you just an eddioot. you just abused another ethnic group in a thread and now you claiming to be a saint.

@Op,
stop this tribal nonsense.
I am trying to bring in indian native doctors to come curse anyone that would bring tribalism on 1st January, 2012.
You have till 31st december to repent.
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by EkoIle1: 4:32am On Nov 26, 2011
Relax101:

Mehn you just an eddioot. you just abused another ethnic group in a thread and now you claiming to be a saint.

@Op,
stop this tribal nonsense.
I am trying to bring in indian native doctors to come curse anyone that would bring tribalism on 1st January, 2012.
You have till 31st december to repent.

Oloshi liar in chief himself. You don take ya mental medicine?

Silly,tribalist, dont forget to curse your self too o.
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by Relax101(m): 4:41am On Nov 26, 2011
^^^^ You dey fear? Continue. Na Correct indian wey don go tibet mountains go take u hear weehn!
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by EkoIle1: 5:24am On Nov 26, 2011
Like i said, go take your medicine.
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by Ladilgs: 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2011
Sorry, does this mean that non Yoruba's are not safe in Lagos / SW?
Re: Again Yorubas Kidnap Igbo In SW. by Nigerien: 3:55am On Nov 29, 2011
Anoda Yoruba on Ibo kidnapin

Police nab 4 suspected kidnappers who demanded N7m from victim’s family
•Man shot dead at filing station
By MATTHEW DIKE
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Photo: Sun News Publishing
More Stories on This Section

Policemen have arrested four suspected kidnappers, in Lagos, over the weekend, after they abducted a lady, Chi Obi demanding N7 million ransom from her family.

Chi Obi was said to have been kidnapped by Akin Gbenga, Sikiru, Lanre and Matthew. The suspects were arrested in a hotel (name withheld) along Iba- Igando Road, Lagos.

Chi was kidnapped Along ASPANDA Road, Igando, Lagos. The suspects allegedly demanded for N7 million from the victim’s family. Policemen attached to Federal Highway Team got a tip off and moved swiftly to the scene and effected the arrested of the hoodlums.

Daily Sun gathered that the Obis were planning how to pay the ransom to save one of their own when the crime fighters arrived the scene.

The family thanked God immediately their daughter was set free. A police source at the Lagos State Police Command Headquarters, Ikeja told Daily Sun that one of the elders in the family showered encomium on the police. According to him, he never expected that the police could be able to rescue their relation.
In another development, suspected gunmen who operated in a Pathfinder Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) shot one Man dead in the metropolis, at the weekend.

The deceased identified as Raimi Abiodun was shot at a filing station (name withheld) on Market Road, Ayobo. The incident which occurred at about 9:00pm caused pandemonium in the area. People scamperedfor safety.
The cause of the killing was not known as at the time of going to the press. A source said the deceased was shot at close range.
He said immediately people heard the gun shot, everybody took to their heels. “They killed him just like that. Nobody can tell the reason for the shooting of the man. He was shot dead in cold blood. They came in a white Pathfinder. Police arrived late.

They chased the criminals and also rushed the victim to a nearby hospital. That’s all I can tell you. He was rushed to a nearby hospital but unfortunately he died on the way to the hospital,” he said.

(1) (Reply)

Police-corporal-shoots-inspector-over-sharing-formula-commits-suicide / Girl Tells Her Pitiful Story After Escaping From Ritualists Who Beheaded Woman A / 70-year Old Man Beheaded In Akwa Ibom State (Viewer Discretion Advised)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.