Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Islamism - The New Global Threat - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamism - The New Global Threat (12657 Views)

Did Pastor Kumuyi Cancel Aba Crusade Due To Nnamdi Kanu's Threat? / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Don't Blame The West, Poverty Or Israel For Rise In Islamism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamism - The New Global Threat by nubian(m): 10:57pm On Mar 09, 2006
Its a new phrase, a new word coming into the international dictionary, people now talk of islamism, just as the world used to discuss nazism or communism.

islamism is all about the militant and intolerant nature of islam, thats how people now percive the religion, as a violent,and unaccomodating religion.

terrorists are usually moslems, blowing up people, and beliving they will enter paradise,

a cartoon from denmark about the prophet mohammed, , and there are riots all over the worls, killing lots of people,

In Nigeria, we have had our share of radical and violent islamic fundamentalsim, even osama bin laden , is quoted as saying, NIGERIA IS NOW RIPE FOR THE TAKING

This means he recognises there is an active militant large population of fanatics that can be recruited for jihads and terrorism in the name of ALLAH from Nigeria

Young men now wear t - shirts of osama bin laden in Nigeria, ive seen some of them,

my uncle was driving few years ago in Kaduna,suddenly there was pandimonium on the streets, young men started smashing windscreens,and dragging christians out of cars to beat them, they chanted, ALLAR AK BAR,

why were they upset, ??, - because the Americans had just captured SADAM HUSSIEN, so inocent Nigerian christians should die , i was so upset and dissapionted.

My wife was a youth coper in lagos, she parked near a mosque in central lagos and went for her CD, she got thirsty ,came back to her car, took a bottle of water from the car and drank, some muslims approached her ,harrased her and wanted to beat up my dear wife, her offence, , that they were fasting and she was insensitive to drink water near the mosque and infront of them. it was other youth copers that saved my dear wife, maybe i would have been a widower, and my son an orphan, they wanted to lynch her in the name of ALLAH for drinking water close to the mosque.

Ben bruce wanted to hold a beauty pagent in Abuja, they went on rampage and killed many, IT WAS ALL OVER THE INTERNATIONAL MEDIA, I WAS SO EMBARRASED

i work in an international enviroment, i was embarrased when some frenchmen asked me "how could your cuountry want to stone a woman to death because she had a baby out of wedlock ", the Amina story and sharia law issue was all over the international press, u didnt know how to answer them,

but moslems will insist ISLAM is a peaceful religion, only a few are misinterpreting the quoran, they would say,

but what non moslems see, is an aggressive violent and intolerant religion, ISLAMISM IS NOW A THREAT TO WORLD PEACE
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by nubian(m): 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2006
There is a new word in the international dictionary to describe the militant,violent and intolerant face of islam,its called ISLAMISM. It is seen as a new threat to world peace just like NAZISM and COMMUNISM were international problems.Islamic fundamentalism is now a global threat.

Almost all terrorist attacks are by moslems killing innocent people in the name of ALLAH ,suicide bombers are moslems, some cartoons in a danish news paper and the whole world experiences riots leading to loss of lives across the whole globe, ALL DONE BY MOSLEMS. Fanatical Moslem countries and terrorist organizations are now tring to get nuclear weapons,to do what with, ??, for peaceful purposes, ??.

Nigeria has its fair share of islamic fundamentalism,northern moslems rise up from time to time and slaughter christains across the various cities of northern Nigeria,its is now a common thing that must occur at least once every three months,consider these senerios ;

(a) my uncle was driving along the road in kaduna some years ago , young men were chanting ALLAH AK BAR they stopped cars, beat up and broke the windscreens of christians,why were they upset, ??, because the Americans had just captured SADDAM HUSSIEN so Nigeria christians should be punished for that, i was soooooooo dissapionted in my country Nigeria when i heard this

(b) My wife was a youth coper,she went for her community development (CD), she parked near a mosque that was close to her CD site, after about one hour she was thirsty and came to her car to get a bottle of ragolis water,she drank and put the bottle back in the car,as she was going a group of moslems stoped her and started harrassing her,they wanted to beat my dear wife up.her offence, ??,that she drank water near thier mosque infront of them when they were fasting,.other copers came to my wifes rescue, they may have lynced and killed her,making me a widower and my three year old son an orphan

(c) Ben bruce wanted to organise a beauty paegent in Abuja, a lot of the international crowd were already in the country, then our fellow country men (moslems) said its impossible because they were fasting,and caused an embarrassing riot,it was all over the international press.soooooooo they now determine what can , and what cant happen in our nation, they are very tolerant arent they, ??

(d) I work in an international enviroment,i was soooooo embarrased when europens kept asking me how my govt can allow a single mother to be stoned to death for having a child out of wedlock.the white men even told me how the death sentance is carried out in Islam, they said the woman will be buried for shoulder down,only her head above the ground,then people will stone her head till she dies,i was told that the sharia people were just waiting for her baby to stop sucking.they asked me how such medivial babarism can be perpertuated in the 21st century, my broda !!!! i was so embarraseed as i struggled for a face saving explanation,

the list is endless, Osama bin laden the terrorist leader is quoted as saying "NIGERIA IS RIPE FOR THE TAKING".meaning he has recognised that our nation has a large population of restive fanatical moslems that are good material for terrorist activities, i have seen young men in Kaduna wearing t-shirts of Osama bin laden

ask moslems, and they will tell u islam is a peaceful religion, but what most people see is a militant ,aggressive, intolerant, and fanatical face of islam,

comments,opinions, ??
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by basharu(m): 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2006
mr.nubian, remember u are discussing about religion here and this are issues that deserve mutual understandig so u pls b considerate in ur choice of words.most of all dis crisis we have been having previously arent religious totally.pple wiz intrinsic ideas wait 4 d relevant situations,when tension is high in d society they strike and when its high d world sees it as religious(islamic) crisis.These pple can b muslims or nonmuslims and do not care who may b affected,even if its dia relations.so this issue you are talking about should not be blamed on muslims alone.often times, ur so called applauded christian members cause d problem.

Internationally as u have cited Ben Ladens statement as a national threat here,what would b ur comment about Americas occupation in Afghanistan,Iraq and sopme happenings around d world.pls b fair as a decent human bieng.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by nubian(m): 10:23pm On Mar 20, 2006
basharu:

mr.nubian, remember u are discussing about religion here and this are issues that deserve mutual understandig so u please b considerate in your choice of words.most of all this crisis we have been having previously arent religious totally.people wiz intrinsic ideas wait 4 d relevant situations,when tension is high in d society they strike and when its high d world sees it as religious(islamic) crisis.These people can b muslims or nonmuslims and do not care who may b affected,even if its dia relations.so this issue you are talking about should not be blamed on muslims alone.often times, your so called applauded christian members cause d problem.

Internationally as u have cited Ben Ladens statement as a national threat here,what would b your comment about Americas occupation in Afghanistan,Iraq and sopme happenings around d world.please b fair as a decent human bieng.

I sense agression , u could bearly hide the anger in u .There is hot volcanic anger simmering under all u have said - this again is the usual pattern with islam - a violent reaction to any critism.

U also showed a poor understanding of the issues i raised - or are u saying it is non muslims who are giving islam a bad image, ? . my so called applauded cristians are the ones causing the problem, ??( thats what u said), NA wa o , !!!!!.

Did u read and digest my thread well, ?, did u understand it,

As for the American occupation of Afganistan , Iraq and other happenings - this is my comment - our muslim brothers in Nigeria can go ahead and kill more Nigerian christians because the Americans have invaded Iraq and Afganistan ,after all its now a normal thing for them to find an excuse to massacre christians who live in the North at least once every six months.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by mlksbaby(f): 12:01am On Mar 21, 2006
Could I throw in a small comment here?

I'm acquainted with the Muslim background and I'll guarantee you that the view that Islam is violent by default as if all Muslims are therefore violent is not sustained in contemporary times. The argument polarises both ways for Islam and Christianity. There are some groups today in Christianity that don't see eye to eye with their brethren or anyone else, although it can't be said that they are as extremely violent as are the Islamic fundamentalist groups. I have a lot of Muslim friends who are not violent - and they would rather die than sanction the violence that fundamentalist groups propagate.

I think we need to come to an understanding of people and see & hear them for who they are before we interpret their concern wholescale. Islamism is not the real global threat. The Iranian threats of developing nuclear weapons does not mean that Islam is the evil birthplace of nuclear threats. Russia, North Korea and China pose a bigger threat than the West will ever want to admit, and international diplomacy characteristic of the West is the lipstick that disguises this ugly political scenario that we often pay very little attention to.

The real situation with many Muslims especially in the West and Europe is that they are trying to adjust to the understanding that fosters peaceful reconciliation among the commonwealth of nations, and at the same time condemn the extremes of fundamentalism that has been the excuse of terrorists groups within Islam. When people take to the streets in the name of Allah to kill people senselessly, it could be a very painful reflection. but we must understand that these people are acting on a hatred borne out of crass ignorance, and not necessarily based upon what verses they read in the Qur'an. Many Muslims have actively condemned the senseless riots and killings carried out in Islam, but their influence is little felt by the majority of non-Muslims who are all to quick to condemn Muslims and Islam rather than the acts of violence. Have you wondered why Muslims in America did not take to the streets in riotious gatherings concerning the caricature of the prophet Mohammed? Have you heard of the term Euro-Islam, which is a direct counter to fundamentalism in Islam? 'Islamism' is often pushed to extremes to give the idea that every Muslim is the devil's cousin, and I think that those who engage in this type of hype should rethink their position. It is this kind of media propaganda and sloppy journalism that is fuelling the anger in many disgruntled minds, so that they see every thing coming from the West as lies, lies and more lies.

I am a Christian and admittedly have a limited knowledge of the true life and values of a Muslim. But my Christianity does not ask me to disrespect people of other faiths. The best I could do is speak out and let my voice be heard and heard well - promoting what's right and rejecting what's insane in any religion. While 'Islamism' may not mean the same thing to everybody, we ought to refrain from casting every Muslim in the mould of 'our evil neighbour'. Respect the rights of those who cry out from within a system against something they don't subscribe to; hear them out, uplift them, love them, extend a warm friendship to them and leave it to them to either accept or reject your warm handshake. I am a woman and I have several Muslim friends from across the world who constantly remind me that they are first and foremost women before anything else - and they certainly detest the idea of being labelled what they are not.

Whatever a person does in this life determines what the great Judge will appoint him/her on the great Day.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by basharu(m): 12:39pm On Mar 21, 2006
u started it wiz hash and unacceptable words.u want 2 discuss and understand those u are discussing wiz then u have 2 talk politely,nubian.i still maintain it :choose ur words!!!!!brows in2 nairaland religious pages so that u get more enlightened!!!
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by mukina2: 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2006
basharu:

u started it wiz hash and unacceptable words.u want 2 discuss and understand those u are discussing wiz then u have 2 talk politely,nubian.i still maintain it :choose your words!!!!!brows in2 nairaland religious pages so that u get more enlightened!!!
Basharu is right, please choose what u write carefully  all religions have their laws.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by owo(m): 8:39am On Apr 18, 2006
The question that started this thread has not been answered.

Threats to the originator of this thread will not answer this stuff. America is not a Christian nation (if the responses so far are meant to indicate that). There is no such thing as a Christian country.

That people are killing and planning to kill others who are not connected whatsoever with problems elsewhere, all in the name of a belief system is outrageus and deserves some answers.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by nubian(m): 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2006
owo:

Threats to the originator of this thread will not answer this stuff. America is not a Christian nation (if the responses so far are meant to indicate that). There is no such thing as a Christian country.

That people are killing and planning to kill others who are not connected whatsoever with problems elsewhere, all in the name of a belief system is outrageus and deserves some answers.

grin grin grin grin grin - good talk,all i have been getting is threats and intimidation ,typical of islam as i know and see it.Further confirming my belief that it is intolerant and violence prone.if someone was asking questions and making insinuations about christianity,that person wont be threatened and intimidated like this by christians.My questions have not been answered - some have just tried to dance around the piont with evasive answers.
Islam is a peaceful and tolerant religion.??- Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2006
[b]I sense agression , u could bearly hide the anger in u .There is hot volcanic anger simmering under all u have said - this again is the usual pattern with islam - a violent reaction to any critism.

U also showed a poor understanding of the issues i raised - or are u saying it is non muslims who are giving islam a bad image, ? . my so called applauded cristians are the ones causing the problem, ??( thats what u said), NA wa o , !!!!!.

Did u read and digest my thread well, ?, did u understand it,

Nubian or whatever the hell you called yourself,
Honestly, you're the only aggressor here. You started off as a biased, bigoted, and confused polytheist. You want to pick a fight? Please, don't start it with a much bigger man than yourself. That's what you've done. there are Muslims on the forum who will rightly put you in your place -- no matter how many million times you pull your usual propagandist, fake, and spent cry of TERRORISM!!!! You're a troublemaker, kid.

The Iranian threats of developing nuclear weapons does not mean that Islam is the evil birthplace of nuclear threats. Russia, North Korea and China pose a bigger threat than the West will ever want to admit, and international diplomacy characteristic of the West is the lipstick that disguises this ugly political scenario that we often pay very little attention to.

What about the Western nations like France, the UK, and the US? Don't they all possess of all the weapons of mass destruction including the nukes -- for which they now invade other nations and kill thousands of innocent people (women and children)? Which nation first acquired and, to wit, ever used the nuclear bombs on the innocents? Fake christians, think of your ugly past!

OWO,
Oh, my God! You happen to have come from my home town, what a pity! Why? Because you are a buffoon! First, the question has been answered. Second, how come you didn't know that the Americans arrogantly refer to their country as being a "Judeo-Christian" country? What about the Vatican? I know your knuckle head will start yelling that it's not a Sovereign nation because of its being located inside Italy. Remember that the Pope is its head of state. And that Vatican has got its own standing army . It is a nation within a nation! What about Britain? Tell it to the Britons that theirs is not a christian country. You ignorant mf.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by 4getme1(m): 1:13pm On Apr 20, 2006
Now wait a minute! When are the rules of polite language going to be applied on the Forum?

Nubian or whatever the hell you called yourself

started off as a biased, bigoted, and confused polytheist[/color]

[color=#550000]Fake christians, think of your ugly past

OWO, . . Because you are a buffoon!

I know your knuckle head will start yelling

You ignorant mf.

Is this a preview of The New Global Threat called Islam? Is this how Islam seeks to address other people and foster tolerance in society? Is the silence of other Muslims on such religious exhibitionism a convenient nod in the affirmative? Do Muslim apologists let such vituperations mold our understanding of the Muslim mindset?

If I've never read the Qur'an, maybe this display of hate speech would have been a neat package of what it's all about.

2 Likes

Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by owo(m): 2:21pm On Apr 20, 2006
@Ajisafe,
your comments not withstanding, the questions raised by this thread has not been answered. The questions are grievous enough for me to absorb all the punches that you have to through.
I insist that you are begging the question and should step in and answer the questions , if you can.

Must Nigerians die whenever someone (wherever he may reside) draws a cartoon that 'castigates' Islamic beliefs?
Must there be massacre when someone tears a piece of paper simply because there is a claim that it is a portion of the koran?
Why must the 'learned' among muslims always blame the violence on the illiterate and claim the position of apostles of peace? Are Illiterate muslims the most violent illiterates in the world?
How can human being gather and form groups for the sake of murdering others just to advance whatever the claim is their belief?

This thread is raising a fundamental question and dodging it in favor of mudslinging should be considered as a disservice to the generality of humanity who are affected, daily, by this issue.

1 Like

Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2006
@ OWO,
I was so sorry for being too harsh on you, but basket mouths like "4get_Me" always irritate me.

Your allegations are far-fetched and uncharacteristic of the Muslims. In fact, if we go back in history, it's you christians and jews that have always been murderous and apocalyptic. How many innocent Muslim men, women, and children have perished in the hands of jews and christians? How many Muslims homes and property have been destroyed by the jews (in Palestine, for example)? Only when the Muslims meet you even half-way that you startyelling TERRORISM! VIOLENCE! and so on. You're very good at name-tagging the Muslims, and unfairly demanding undue apology and explanation. Whereas, you are the trouble makers who go around fomenting chaos. Why don't you just leave the Muslims alone -- let them be! We are two different peoples -- you're polytheists because you believe in "trinity." And we are monotheists because of our belief in the unity of Allah. Live and die in christendom while we should be allowed to live and die in submission to the almighty Allah. That's all. Instead of trying to proselytize let Allah judge us all in the hereafter. Salaam!
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by 4getme1(m): 2:17am On Apr 21, 2006
Ajisafe:

@ OWO,
I was so sorry for being too harsh on you, but basket mouths like "4get_Me" always irritate me.

That's a mild Muslim mindset. grin grin grin
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by basharu(m): 11:21am On May 02, 2006
Hi!Mukinatu,are you there?Thanks for the advise.Just that some people dont know how to address issues relating to public.Well,it seems people dont even respsct religion because they dont belong to any.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by mukina2: 11:29am On May 02, 2006
@bashiru no matter the religion u find urself in just dont go around critisizin others cos no one knows hu's goin to hell or heaven, i just dont know why some people like cryin down others religions am a muslim and i'll stay like dat till God decides for me, i dont cry down no religion most of ma friends are christians w e never argue about religion,
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by basharu(m): 11:57am On May 02, 2006
I dont criticise any religion even if its Idolation Mukeena2 `cos i dont like anybody to do same to Islam.u know it that every good Muslim believe in Jesus as a Massenger of God but its unfair just because foriegn media says this or that against Islam,somebody here without the real knowledge of what really happened,starts saying rubbish about the religion of Allah.If he is sending in topic for discussion,he should talk politely so that he gets positive reaction if his main objective was not to redicule the Muslims.He is not the only christian around,I do have alot of christian friends some of whom Isee as my brothers.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Nobody: 7:47am On May 03, 2006
I have to put mouth in this topic. Viewing islam as a new global threat makes sense. The negatvie side of the islamic religion far outweighs any positive effects, if there are any ( i shouldn't be saying this, but it's just how i feel). I stay in a muslim country. There was not any protest where i stay about the Mohammed cartoon thing, just flyers posted everywhere saying that people should not buy Danish products.One of my friends (a girl) said "whoever did that cartooning should be hanged". When a girl talks like that, what prevents the men from going out and doing the hanging themselves? I know, that if Jesus was cartooned, that many christians will not go out to the streets looking for who to kill, instead they would say "leave justice to God". i heard about what happened in Nigeria (Some christians killing muslims cos the muslims killed their people). Such a thing would never have happend if the muslim brother din't go killing christians ,and this is the first time i hear of a christian retaliating like that which is not good at all. Muslims say their religion is a peaceful religion, but am yet to see the peace in that religion. They are ovr- reactive in everything. In Pakistan, people kill ther sisters or children for honour killing , probably because they slept with man or something. Don't get me wrong, sleeping with man out of wedlock should seriously be frowned upon, but what happend to the love? what happened to forgiveness? what happened to the spirit of brotherhood or parenthood? Can't the person be pardoned and advised? Islam is PEACE, then peace should be shown to the girl. What am driving at now, is that if someone could cold- bloodedly and cold-heartedly kill the sister or child, killing another perosn from a different religion would be like killing a fly around you. Islam is ABSOLUTELY NOT a Peacful religon, and if PEACE is their motto, they should give a serious thought to changing it. Anyway, amazingly, there are still people that are nice. When i talk to them, they sound Ok, but don't really kno what they turn into when they say "Mohammed is something, " . This is just the prohet mohammed , i wonder what will happen if someone say something against ALLAH. They would probably start chopping off people' s head on the street (that has been done). They'll do worse. Nobody should try giving any credit to islam. I think they start from when kids are small to tell them not to like christians, don't ask my source cos i've seen it all. Someone i kno works in a skool with small kids n the kids always say they don't like chriatians. A small girl from the western world in the skool once utterd the words "mohammed is nonsense" (which is not good anyway), but suprisingly, all the kids stopped playing with her and said they hated her .These are KIDS not more than 8yrs old. They would probably cut off her head if they were adults. if i keep writing on this topic i would write in volumes . Now muslims are trying to balme the terrosist act on "people that are not muslims", don't give me that crap.
i would stop here by saying that ISLAMIS A THREAT TO THE WORLD, ISLAM IS NOT A PEACEFU RELIGION AND MUSLIMS SHOULD FIND A BETTER WAY OF SPEAKING THEIR MIDS OTHER THAN VIOLENCE, THEY CAN PRAY TO ALLAH AND ASK FOR HELP.

1 Like

Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 8:46am On May 03, 2006
@ nonny,
Wow! What a rude behaviour by one ill-bred and obviously misguided teenager. You're too young to comprehend what I would have taught you -- ask your parents for guidance, and that's if they're not as equally misguided as you are. Your living in a Muslim country; nonetheless, perhaps you and your folks should borrow a leaf from the Great Awakening of old.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Nobody: 9:57am On May 03, 2006
@ ajisafe

I have every idea what am talking about. I'm not a mis-guided teenager n i believe this is a freedom of speech move. you have the right to speak your mind. I have just spoken and that is my view. i still hold my point anyway and it makes sense.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Nobody: 10:01am On May 03, 2006
Pardon my many errors in this writing. i was just too keen to speak my mind that i did not re-read for errors.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Nobody: 10:13am On May 03, 2006
@ Ajisafe

you said somewhere "let Allah judge us all in the hereafter". Why didn't the muslims let Allah Judge the people that cartooned the Prophet Mohammed. If Allah was angry , he would have punished the person. ( afterall God punishes people if you do something wrong). Why did the muslims go to the streets punishing people istead of leaving it to Allah to do? the work of God should be left for him.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 10:37am On May 03, 2006
You're a child.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by 4Play(m): 10:58am On May 03, 2006
Militant Islam is a global threat not just to non-muslims but more especially to Muslims.Muslims understandly get tetchy when confronted with criticism of Islam,however some of those criticisms are valid especially in relation to Islamic extremism.We have seen with the Taleban rule in Afghanistan and the much publicised exploits of the likes of Bin Laden and Zarqawi,the ugly face of Islamic extremism.This is by no means confined to Islam,who can forget the likes of Timmothy McVeigh and the IRA in Northern Ireland,but it is most manifest in Islam today.
Beyond the well known acts of terror perpetuated in the name of Islam,there are also other examples of prejudice not commonly reported.In Saudi Arabia,two Filipinos were recently arrested for conducting a church service in the privacy of their homes,in Saudi Arabia it is a crime to conduct a non-Islamic religious ceremony.In Sudan, the President in response to questioning as to why the Air Force bombed a hospital in the South of Sudan,proclaimed that he did it because the inhabitants where infidels.These and many other innumerable examples leave a sour taste in the mouths of non-moslems.
Whatever the merits of the US invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan,it wasn't done in the name of Christianity,I know for a fact that most Afghans welcome the prescence of US troops who in their opinion freed them from the tyranny of the Taleban.
THE biggest criticism non-moslems have against moslems is that they do not condemn wholeheatedly acts of prejudice commited  in their name, instead they focus their angst on critics who raise valid  questions,thus giving the impression n that they if do not endorse these acts, at least acquiesce to them.
Islam is a great religion and its adherents would be doing themselves and the world a great service if they turned inwards and confronted those moslems who are damaging the image of Islam
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by basharu(m): 11:15am On May 04, 2006
Nonny,besides what you have ignorantly written here and the fact that you live in an Islamic environment,did you give it a second thought to know the real teachings of the religion?because intellectuals do study a subject very well before making deductions on a matter.To my understanding,you are just saying your openion which you are entittled to but that does not warrant you to make a calculated damage to the Islamic religion.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 1:34pm On May 04, 2006
4 Play /"pre-intimacy,"
You were so myopic that you couldn't discern how messianic and fundamentalistic George Bush and men of his ilk (the "neo-cons"wink are. Anyway, you and the rest of senseless christians and jews can go to hell for all I care; we Muslims owe you no apology or unnecessary explanations. Contrary to what your biased and sexually perverted mind believes, no mortal will be able to do damage to the image of Islam. This is Allah's promise: Islam shall overcome all religions. Just watch.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by 4getme1(m): 1:52pm On May 04, 2006
It is one thing to express a view; it is quite another to do so in a sane manner. If all we get from the 'thinkers' of Islam is derisive language that convey no sense other than the mindset of hate and killing, that says so much for a religious utopia that owes no one any explanations for the already dented image we see in recent times in the "religion of peace." Whether or not some people owe nobody any explanations, the questions still remain:

1) Why do so many Muslims display open hatred for people of other faiths, particularly Christians and Jews?

2) Why do these same people think that killing Christians and Jews in particular is the only way Allah's
    promise of overcoming all religions can be fulfilled?
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 4:11pm On May 04, 2006
Albeit, the only religion with a "dented image" is christianity, you and other christian polytheists are so parochial that you cannot see. Killings and maimings have been (and are still being) carried out in the name of "Jesus" -- your European god.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Seun(m): 4:19pm On May 04, 2006
Why do so many Muslims display open hatred for people of other faiths, particularly Christians and Jews?

Same reason why black people are hostile towards white people: because the Israelites, and countries that are predominantly Christian seem to be dominating the world today. It's a manifestation of envy.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by 4getme1(m): 5:07pm On May 04, 2006
@Nwoke,

No Christian as far as I know on this Forum has been as openly hateful as your Muslim friend whom you're trying to waste a weak defence upon. The manifestation of envy that you're bantering here ignores the facts on ground that today, the Muslim East has openly and perennially been calling for the annihilation of Israel and the Jewish people. Black hostility leans more to the question of racism; and you don't have to be black or white to express religious insensitivity and bigotry - as is done here on Nairaland or elsewhere as in Iran.

@Ajisafe
As for the polytheism that Muslims see in Christianity, do they mind turning inwards in Islam to explain why their Allah is not a singular being but many? Sample:

"Verily We created Man from a drop of mingled sperm, in order to try him:
          So We gave him (the gifts), of Hearing and Sight."
          - Qur'an: 76:2 [AL-INSAN (MAN)]

"We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape"
           - Qur'an: 15:26 [(AL-HIJR (AL-HIJR, STONELAND, ROCK CITY)]

If that is not clear and unadulterated polytheism in Islam, tell me why Allah in the Qur'an would be speaking as "WE" (plural) instead of the singular "I".
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by owo(m): 7:30pm On May 04, 2006
Ajisafe:

4 Play /"pre-intimacy,"
You were so myopic that you couldn't discern how messianic and fundamentalistic George Bush and men of his ilk (the "neo-cons"wink are. Anyway, you and the rest of senseless christians and jews can go to hell for all I care; we Muslims owe you no apology or unnecessary explanations. Contrary to what your biased and sexually perverted mind believes, no mortal will be able to do damage to the image of Islam. This is Allah's promise: Islam shall overcome all religions. Just watch.

@ Ajisafe: thank you for this 'insight'. I hope others will expantiate on this'revelation'

At last someone is scratching the surface of 'the potential answer' to the question raised by this thread, though it was done inadvertently.

If world religious domination is the objective (Akin to the Nazis killing Jews in an attempt at world domination or the Rwandan and Balkan Genocides) then lipsrsealed.

Little wonder Nigeria has not (and may 'never') be able to have credible census. Some people may just have been trying to do a show of numerical superiority all in the name of Religion. So religious domination may just have been the reason why we cannot have credible data to plan that nationhood. There must be more to this, certainly. One can only imagine all the areas that have been totally bastardized because some people just want to show 'superiority'.

Could it be that the perennial killing of Igbos in northern Nigeria is part of the stratagem?

If this in any way explains the killings and murders in the name of a religion then, surely
1. He that lives by the sword, shall die by the sword (Matt 26:52)
2. He that seeks to save his life (image in this case) shall lose it, but he that seeks to lose it shall gain it.(John 12:25)
3. Let him that has no sin (immorality) let him cast the first stone at others (John 8:7)

The First commandment of the Holy Bible is that, the LORD your GOD IS ONE, therefore you shall no ther God beside HIM.
If this is polytheism, then, there is something fundamentally wrong with the English language.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by 4getme1(m): 8:07pm On May 04, 2006
At least, the Bible does not hide the fact that it reveals God as the blessed Trinity - and that's not a NT or Christian new doctrine: it's been there all along in the OT:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." (Gen. 1:26)

But that God revealed Himself as the blessed Trinity does not translate into polytheism; hence -

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD." (Deut. 6:4)

"For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods
many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things,
and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."
(I Cor. 8:5-6).

The doctrine of the Trinity cannot be explicated with analogies in creation. Some have attempted to explain the divine relationship in the Godhead with such things as the sun, rays and heat from the sun; others have used the analogies of ice, water and vapour; and yet others have appealed to the analogy of man's tripartite existence - spirit, soul and body. I think all these may be useful to those who use them; but they are beggarly in comparing the Creator to such things. That I cannot fully explain the Trinity does not mean that my relationship by faith in Christ suffers thereby. I believe the collective testimony of the Bible that there is only One God who has revealed Himself as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

However, there hasn't been a Muslim coherrent answer to the questions of the plurality of pronouns used in reference to Allah in the Qur'an as delineated above in my previous post. I don't and didn't intend to slur anyone's faith; but when bigoted assertions are made against the Christian faith by Muslims who accuse us of polytheism, my simple question is that they take a break and turn inward for an assessment of their own system - it's glaring for all to see that the verses in the Qur'an state that a plurality exists in the Allah of Islam, and besides the verses above, there are several more.

Of course, this does not mean no verse exists that speaks of Allah in the first person singular (use of "I"wink. The point is that we should all learn to respect the faiths and convictions of other people as a means to fostering goodwill and understanding across international divides. You may not agree with Christians, and the Forum is not a place for bigotry and religious insensitivity. Casting vitriolic stones at others with hate speech is certainly not the way to earn their handshake, respect and smiles.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

This Infallibility Question / 101 Contradictions In The Bible / Repent World! Jesus Is Coming Soon!! Second Rapture Dream In Barely 2 Months!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.