Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Value Re-orientaion: Panacea To Materialism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Value Re-orientaion: Panacea To Materialism (731 Views)

Pastors, Materialism And Spirituality. / Materialism / The Gospel Of Materialism – Nigerian Pentecostalism And Hypocrisy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Value Re-orientaion: Panacea To Materialism by nedostic: 6:56pm On Nov 26, 2011
I believe as a country what we need is value re-orientation. Lets go back to the basics of our religious inclinations, Christianity is all about modesty, Yes its good to prosper but the underlying factor should be good success as the bible puts it, I believe as a nation, we would never get it right until we come out of hypocrisy and build our institutions on values, churches and mosques are being replicated in every nook and cranny yet so many Nigerians wallow in poverty, We have equally forgotten so soon that poverty is a socio-economic malady and not a spiritual problem as we are made to view it from the religious angle,

Most of our religious leaders are at fault because they have either failed to live right or to correct the wrong of the led. Religious teachings should be guided on sobriety, honesty,hard-work,love,sharing and reverence for God.

On a final note, we all need to devalue materialism and place higher premium on acting and doing right always,
Re: Value Re-orientaion: Panacea To Materialism by gotizsata: 7:03pm On Nov 26, 2011
money is better than jesus
Re: Value Re-orientaion: Panacea To Materialism by nedostic: 7:15pm On Nov 26, 2011
@gotizsata, your comment is quite weird! I would not want to join issues with you but the reverse to me is the case. Jesus Christ to me is the ultimate,

Please I expect quality contributions,
Re: Value Re-orientaion: Panacea To Materialism by gotizsata: 11:05pm On Nov 27, 2011
money is better because god is satan,

then in Luke 19:27 Jesus said
But as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king-bring them here and slaughter them in my presence!

(1) (Reply)

Christianity Grows In Africa Whilst It Declines In Europe And Usa / The Vatican's Website Hacked By Anonymous. / Brothers And Sisters, Here Are Proves That The End Time Is Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.