Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

Ijust Designeds A Site That Needs To Updated Daily So I Wanted To Know What It T - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ijust Designeds A Site That Needs To Updated Daily So I Wanted To Know What It T (766 Views)

5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner / I Want To Build A Site That Will Send Confirmation Sms To Mobile Numbers / How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijust Designeds A Site That Needs To Updated Daily So I Wanted To Know What It T by mikkytrio(m): 2:43pm On Sep 24, 2007
ijust designeds a site that needs to updated daily so i wanted to know what it takes
Re: Ijust Designeds A Site That Needs To Updated Daily So I Wanted To Know What It T by my2cents(m): 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2007
u know mikky, it would be nice to get a URL. Otherwise, as cryptic as your request is, I am tempted to give a cryptic response in return. Something like, "a lot" tongue

Please give more details, a URL, nature of the site, etc.

Thanks,
Re: Ijust Designeds A Site That Needs To Updated Daily So I Wanted To Know What It T by mikkytrio(m): 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2007
well something like a newspaper site eg sunonline or bbc where news is updated on a daily basis i guess you get what am trying to talk about
Re: Ijust Designeds A Site That Needs To Updated Daily So I Wanted To Know What It T by my2cents(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2007
so,

u need to create a site, not that you have created it already?

If the former:
- Content Management System (CMS) - joomla, wordpress, etc
- Ability to customize CMS
- Ability to create a website (html, graphics, css, javascript)
- Solid site architecture (folders, links, etc)
- SEO

#1 is optimal, though in my opinion not necessary. If you choose it, that puts the task of updating in the client's hands. If you choose the other option, then you might as well ask to be put on their payroll or have, assuming they don't have someone working there knowledgeable in the department of websites.

So in the end, it depends on your skill level. If you have been doing sites for a while, then the learning curve isn't as steep. Otherwise, it may take a while.

I hope this helps.
Re: Ijust Designeds A Site That Needs To Updated Daily So I Wanted To Know What It T by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2007
Apart from a CMS, you may need to investigate the source of the information you want to have displayed on your site. Most companies now offer RSS feeds to sites that would like to display information from theres. All you will need to do is basically consume the feed and it automatically updates the content of your site at various intervals. You do need to make sure your site technology at least supports your being able to do this. You can not build static pages and then expect this to work. You need a dynamic site for sure.

Kobojunkie
Re: Ijust Designeds A Site That Needs To Updated Daily So I Wanted To Know What It T by smartsoft(m): 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2007
then u need PHP PROGRAMMER for that if u are intrested just hook up uchedealsreal@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

E-commerce Solutions / Auto Responders, Greet Your Customers, Sign Up Now Free! Unlimited Tools / Can someone help me with a web design and/or development job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.