Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Nigeria's 2011 Scorecard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's 2011 Scorecard (486 Views)

President Buhari Presents 10-Months Scorecard / Who Is The Ugliest State Governor In Nigeria (2011 - 2015)? / Nigeria 2011 - Election - All results In 1 Place - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's 2011 Scorecard by efisher(m): 5:40am On Nov 29, 2011
As the year 2011 draws to a close, it is not out of place to describe the year as a remarkable one for Nigeria. The year was full of activities and Nigeria never ceased to appear on the headlines of the international media for one reason or the other ranging from the conduct of the 2011 elections to the numerous bomb blasts courtesy boko haram.

So in your opinion, what were the highs and lows for the year? How do you perceive the performance of our elected leaders? How has the economy progressed?

Let me open the floor by saying the 2011 elections have been the most exciting ever and probably the most commendable so far. I must also commend a few governors (to the best of my knowledge) for their good work namely: Adams Oshiomhole, Fashola, Chime, Amaechi and Rochas. I will also say a big SHAME to the worst governor ever: Uduaghan for his thuggery and backwardness. Thumbs down also go to the sponsors and sympathizers of Boko haram who have dragged us back and virtually cancelled out all the gains we could have made as a nation. I must also commend the FG for the efforts at righting the wrongs which have plagued us for decades. I am however not yet satisfied with a lot of things including the security and power problems we face today. I hope 2012 will be different.

What's your take?
Re: Nigeria's 2011 Scorecard by BootyOnMe: 6:07am On Nov 29, 2011
So in your opinion, what were the highs and lows for the year?

None. Still the same old-same old shyte just stinking more than usual.
The return of Okonjo-Iweala to chop sommmore. . . .all time low. No highs. kiss

How do you perceive the performance of our elected leaders?

Visiting Nigeria only affirmed the absence of 'leaders' one more time. kiss

How has the economy progressed?

You mean regressed? kiss
Re: Nigeria's 2011 Scorecard by efisher(m): 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2011
For me, the return of Okonjo - Iweala was one of the best things to happen this year. Anyway, it's different strokes for different folks.

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu's Death: End Of An Era? / Corruption Has Gone Into The Marrow Of This Country – Sambo / The Revolution Is Here In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.