Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? - Music/Radio (1120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? (1157555 Views)

What Are You Listening To Right Now? / What Are You Listening To Right Now? / What Are You Listening To Right Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) ... (1215) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by HantaVirus(m): 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2020
smiley
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by JaceBlaze: 8:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
iyke926:
Song: O.P.P
Artist: Naughty By Nature

Who's down with O.P.P?

Greatest era in Hip hop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Cigo1(m): 12:26am On Aug 25, 2020
Laugh now, cry later
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 25, 2020
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death from fr to lag for the money, power, respect
It's a journey, some'll get left behind coz in life you cannot press rewind
Get it right.
You only have one first chance to make one first impression that lasts a lifetime
Reputations to proceed itself do you believe in hell?
Babylon, greed for wealth Do you deceive yourself and let your ego swell
And disregard those who most need your help
Thick skinned, the dark won't take my soul Survived spiritual wars, see my welts
And the evils felt but faith is stronger
I saw grown men fall when I was a youngster
But I clenched my fist
Ready to go against whoever Tie my Timb's and rise in the end

damian
When the Armageddon's dark and dread
A lot of weak are to weep and moan
Only the strong will continue
do you have it in you?
Come we've got a journey to go
And when the battle get sour and dread
A lot of weak are to wither and moan
Only the strong will continue
I know you have it in you
I know you have it in you

Nas & damian marley - strong will continue

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by VickyRotex(f): 3:40am On Aug 25, 2020
Hosanna - Hillsong UNITED

Evergreen

I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith, with selfless faith
I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees, we're on our knees

Hosanna, Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest
Hosanna, Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2020
Song: Full Circle feat. The Firm, AZ, Foxy Brown
Artist: Nas

2 Likes

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by aelai: 9:49am On Aug 25, 2020
VickyRotex:
Hosanna - Hillsong UNITED

Evergreen

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity

Powerful lyrics; especially that line that says "Break my heart for what breaks Yours"

Yes, another evergreen song cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by aelai: 9:52am On Aug 25, 2020
Kirk Franklin - Now Behold The Lamb

Now behold the Lamb the Precious Lamb of God
Born into sin that I may live again the Precious Lamb of God

Holy is the Lamb the Precious of God
Why You love me so, Lord
I shall never know the Precious lamb of God

Now behold the Lamb the Precious Lamb of God
Born into sin that I may live again
He's the precious Lamb of God
When I always didn't do right I went left,
He told me to go right
But I'm standing right here in the midst of my tears, Lord
I claim You to be the Lamb of God

Thank You for the Lamb the Precious Lamb of God
Because of Your grace I can finish this race the Precious Lamb of God

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Oceni(f): 10:29am On Aug 25, 2020
You Are God Alone / William McDowell

You are not a God created by human hands
You are not a God dependent on any mortal man
You are not a God in need of anything we can
give
By Your plan
That's just the way it is

Say it say it say, You are not a God created
You are not a god created by human hands
You are not a God dependent on any mortal man
You are not a God in need of anything we can
give
By Your plan
That's just the way it is
(Come on, can you lift up your voice tonight
and declare)

You are God alone, from before time began
(You're on Your throne)
You are on Your throne (You are God alone)
You are God alone (and right now)
And right now, in the good times and bad
You are on Your throne, You are God alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Sexyjigga(m): 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caNRc1ER8p4

Hathor5

I think the story goes like this:
He met a girl and connected with her. He was drawn in by her looks, but as they became friends and he got to know her, he realized she was more than just a pretty face. He ends up falling for her, and is singing this song to her, to tell her how he feels. When he says he'll be sure she's a friend, he's hinting to her that he would choose to fall in love with a friend just like her. He knows she's the right one because they're close and he trusts her, and he wants her to know that and to be with him and share his love.

It's an incredibly beautiful profession of love.

4 Likes

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
Song: Replace Me feat Big Sean & Don Toliver

2 Likes

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by VickyRotex(f): 7:00pm On Aug 25, 2020
aelai:

Powerful lyrics; especially that line that says "Break my heart for what breaks Yours"

Yes, another evergreen song cool

Ah yes, Powerful indeed! cool That's one of my best line in the song. I remember years ago how I went searching for its meaning. I mean, I know Psalm 51 talks about a broken spirit; and a contrite heart. Beyond that, I thought to read what people had to say about that particular line. And there were several thoughts. I read a certain post where the illustration (though not pictorial) has stuck wtih me till now.

I paraphrase: "At times we ask God to take all brokeness from us, but that shouldnt be the case all the time. Breaking our heart for what breaks God's heart is seeing the broken, the hurting, the lost etc and feeling the same way God would feel towards them, cos again, we've all been there."

I'll look up the post and share but yea great reminder. cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by brainhack(m): 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
Screwface Capital - Dave

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by aelai: 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2020
VickyRotex:

Ah yes, Powerful indeed! cool That's one of my best line in the song. I remember years ago how I went searching for its meaning. I mean, I know Psalm 51 talks about a broken spirit; and a contrite heart. Beyond that, I thought to read what people had to say about that particular line. And there were several thoughts. I read a certain post where the illustration (though not pictorial) has stuck wtih me till now.

I paraphrase: "At times we ask God to take all brokeness from us, but that shouldnt be the case all the time. Breaking our heart for what breaks God's heart is seeing the broken, the hurting, the lost etc and feeling the same way God would feel towards them, cos again, we've all been there."

I'll look up the post and share but yea great reminder. cool

Hmmnmm
Alright, I'll be expecting it.

I share in that interpretation too. Partaking in the burdens of the Father, knowing the exact way God feels about situations.
That's why we believers react differently as regards things of the gospel. People who share this burdens handle it with necessity, urgency and as if their lives depend on it; while others see it as a duty or an obligation to perform.

1 Cor 2:16, Phil 2:5 talks about we having the mind of Christ. So by default, we ought to know and partake in the 'things that break God's heart'. But sadly, this is not case.
I just pray that we will become more sensitive and yield more to the Holy Spirit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by VickyRotex(f): 10:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
aelai:

Hmmnmm
Alright, I'll be expecting it.

I share in that interpretation too. Partaking in the burdens of the Father, knowing the exact way God feels about situations.
That's why we believers react differently as regards things of the gospel. People who share this burdens handle it with necessity, urgency and as if their lives depend on it; while others see it as a duty or an obligation to perform.

1 Cor 2:16, Phil 2:5 talks about we having the mind of Christ. So by default, we ought to know and partake in the 'things that break God's heart'. But sadly, this is not case.
I just pray that we will become more sensitive and yield more to the Holy Spirit.

APT!!! Awesome way to put it! cool

In bold: AMEN!!!! God help us! cool cool

I'll definitely look it up tonight and share.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by WorWorBoy: 12:50am On Aug 26, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgcovIu3k9o

R.Kelly-The World's Greatest.

5 Likes

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by VickyRotex(f): 2:35am On Aug 26, 2020
VickyRotex:

APT!!! Awesome way to put it! cool

In bold: AMEN!!!! God help us! cool cool

I'll definitely look it up tonight and share.

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/lord-break-my-heart

^ There you go, aelai! smiley

Here's also another. (someone's story) http://psalm28-7trust..com/2012/09/break-my-heart-for-what-breaks-yours.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by VickyRotex(f): 3:48am On Aug 26, 2020
Good Good Father - Chris Tomlin

I've heard a thousand stories of what they think you're like
But I've heard the tender whispers of love in the dead of night
And you tell me that you're pleased
And that I'm never alone

You're a good good father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only you provide
'Cause you know just what we need
Before we say a word

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by nani667: 5:17am On Aug 26, 2020
��

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by aelai: 7:36am On Aug 26, 2020
VickyRotex:

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/lord-break-my-heart

^ There you go, aelai! smiley

Here's also another. (someone's story) http://psalm28-7trust..com/2012/09/break-my-heart-for-what-breaks-yours.html

Thanks for sharing. It's very insightful.

2 Likes

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by aelai: 7:37am On Aug 26, 2020
Women Of Faith - Boundless Love

If I stand or I should fall
You know me well, You see it all
My darkest nights, my deepest fears
I cry to You and You will hear

Boundless love, Come carry me
To the place where I at last I'm free
Where I belong and You will be
Where all of You is all of me

In Your fullness, I will rest
I find Your peace beneath the cross
Knowing You, my one desire
Take me now to where You are

Here we stand now in Your name
You've changed our hearts, We're not the same
Your love has captured all we are
Oh Lamb of God, Sweet Morning Star
Where I belong and You will be
Where all of You is all of me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by VickyRotex(f): 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
aelai:

Thanks for sharing. It's very insightful.

My pleasure! cool

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
Song: Root Rock Reggae
Artist: Bob Marley

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
Song: Africa Unite

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2020
Song: Forever Loving Jah

2 Likes

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Oceni(f): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
Love Came Down _ Ben Cantelon

When I call on Your name You answer
When I fall You are there by my side
You delivered me out of darkness
Now I stand in the hope of new life

By grace I'm free
You've rescued me
All I am is Yours

I've found a love greater than life itself
I've found a hope stronger and nothing compares
I once was lost now I'm alive in You
Alive in You

You're my God and my firm foundation
It is You whom I'll trust at all times
I give glory and praise, adoration
To my Saviour who's seated on high

Love came down and rescued me
I thank You, I thank You
I once was blind but now I see
I see You, I see You

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by purplecoco(f): 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2020
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Hathor5(f): 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2020
Sexyjigga:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caNRc1ER8p4

Hathor5

I think the story goes like this:
He met a girl and connected with her. He was drawn in by her looks, but as they became friends and he got to know her, he realized she was more than just a pretty face. He ends up falling for her, and is singing this song to her, to tell her how he feels. When he says he'll be sure she's a friend, he's hinting to her that he would choose to fall in love with a friend just like her. He knows she's the right one because they're close and he trusts her, and he wants her to know that and to be with him and share his love.

It's an incredibly beautiful profession of love.

Yeah, that's what the song is about. smiley

This song gets under my skin every single time. smiley

Listening to Shai, Boyz2Men, Blackstreet always makes me think how it takes a lot of strength to show one's real feelings and be vulnerable. These men knew how to do it, which made them very alluring.

1 Like

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
Song: No Bad Energy
Re: What Music Are You Listening To Right Now? by Sexyjigga(m): 10:35pm On Aug 26, 2020
Hathor5:

Yeah, that's what the song is about. smiley

This song gets under my skin every single time. smiley

Listening to Shai, Boyz2Men, Blackstreet always makes me think how it takes a lot of strength to show one's real feelings and be vulnerable. These men knew how to do it, which made them very alluring.

I tell you babe... If i tell you the kinda inspiration I get from listening to these iconic r&b artists shocked

It's deep.... Deeper than life wink

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) (1121) (1122) (1123) ... (1215) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.