Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? (4271 Views)

How To Survive In The Oil And Gas Industry? / Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / How To Start a Career as a Fresh Graduate - A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? by 2sexy(m): 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hello house,
Please I need direction because I feel I lack information in this area. I will be graduating next year as a Petroleum Engineering Student from Petroleum Training Institute(PTI) with upper credit,HND.

What should be the next thing to do? I thought of distributing my CV within Delta State, Portharcourt and Lagos and also to submit them online. I learnt that short courses also boost CVs. If that's the case, what kind of short course/ certificate should I go for?

Some folks also said its possible to get a Job abroad from Nigeria. How can this be done with my level of qualification? Though I have been doing some research but all I can see are job offers that requires at least 4 years work experience,which I do not have or can I use the number of years spent in school?

Kindly help me with any information that can help me build my career from scratch. I am the only one that could come this far in education amongst my siblings. Please, come to my aid. I feel a lot of responsibility rest on my shoulders and the thought of it is almost giving me sleeplest night.

Thank you!
Re: Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? by yamakuza: 12:35am On Nov 30, 2011
Re: Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? by 2sexy(m): 12:59pm On Dec 01, 2011
Thank you, yamakuza.
Re: Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? by bamburh: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
Good day to my fellow forumites, I am a fresh graduate of Mechanical Engineering from Olabisi Onabanjo University Ago Iwoye. I need someone who has the right connections to help in securing a nice job with good pay. I will compessate anybody that help in securing nice work with the whole of my first salary, If God has laid it in your mind to help do contact me thru my mobile number 08053525200. I will pay for the recharge card uesd. I have all it takes to work in any firm, You can call me TUNDE.
Re: Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? by yamakuza: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2011
2sexy:

Thank you, yamakuza.

how far have you gone?
Re: Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? by 2sexy(m): 5:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
Thank you for the enquiry. As a matter of fact, I have just written my final exam last week tuesday and I am waiting for my final project defence.

However, I would keep in touch and let you know whatever comes up.
Re: Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? by yamakuza: 12:38am On Jul 24, 2012
2sexy: Thank you for the enquiry. As a matter of fact, I have just written my final exam last week tuesday and I am waiting for my final project defence.

congrats
Re: Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? by MLS12(f): 5:47pm On Jul 24, 2012
[quote author=2sexy]Hello house,
Please I need direction because I feel I lack information in this area. I will be graduating next year as a Petroleum Engineering Student from Petroleum Training Institute(PTI) with upper credit,HND.

What should be the next thing to do? I thought of distributing my CV within Delta State, Portharcourt and Lagos and also to submit them online. I learnt that short courses also boost CVs. If that's the case, what kind of short course/ certificate should I go for?

Some folks also said its possible to get a Job abroad from Nigeria. How can this be done with my level of qualification? Though I have been doing some research but all I can see are job offers that requires at least 4 years work experience,which I do not have or can I use the number of years spent in school?

Kindly help me with any information that can help me build my career from scratch. I am the only one that could come this far in education amongst my siblings. Please, come to my aid. I feel a lot of responsibility rest on my shoulders and the thought of it is almost giving me sleeplest night.

Thank you![/qu

I can see u re serious minded.have u worked on ur Cv yet?if no pls try workn on it.and shoryt courses might not get u a job it depends anyway,its possible 2 get a job abroad,my hubby Just got one in Norway(from a leading oil company)he ia a mech engineer.lemme connect u 2 him.I bet u will gain a lot,buh he likes positive thinkers.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? by AjanleKoko: 9:45am On Jul 25, 2012
2sexy: Thank you for the enquiry. As a matter of fact, I have just written my final exam last week tuesday and I am waiting for my final project defence.

The first thing is to try and get relevant experience. In your case, that means field experience. It should be prioritized above anything else, including further study. Especially since you have HND, you might want to try to get something with some of the companies doing various services with the oil companies.

Did you do any industrial training? That's always a good starting point. When I left school, my first port of call was the last place I did IT.

1 Like

Re: Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? by 2sexy(m): 10:48am On Jul 25, 2012
@MLS12 Thank you so much. I will be more than grateful if you could do that for me. My e-mail is in my signature( doyen2fine @ gmail . com) thank you in advance and may God bless you in multiple fold. I have a CV, but I think it still needs a little polishing.
Re: Help Me! How Can A Fresh Graduate (hnd) Build A Career In Oil And Gas Industry? by 2sexy(m): 10:57am On Jul 25, 2012
AjanleKoko:

The first thing is to try and get relevant experience. In your case, that means field experience. It should be prioritized above anything else, including further study. Especially since you have HND, you might want to try to get something with some of the companies doing various services with the oil companies.

Did you do any industrial training? That's always a good starting point. When I left school, my first port of call was the last place I did IT.
Thank you. Concerning the IT, I did mine in a construction company in Benin but I would prefer to say I worked since I could not get a place in an oil firm to do my IT(Beside, I studied Mineral Resource at my ND). So, my neighbour opted to help me out instead of staying at home doing nothing. I was his assistant as I was involved in setting up the levelling instrument and hold of the levelling staff at each change point for foresight and backsight levelling.

(1) (Reply)

WFO Rodl And Partner Recruitment / Graduates Of Information Technology / List Of Successful Candidates Admitted Into NDA 2016 From Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.