Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,801 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

I Have A 2years Us Visa But Yet To Use It And It Will Expire By Feb_pls Advise - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Have A 2years Us Visa But Yet To Use It And It Will Expire By Feb_pls Advise (12709 Views)

I Have Active (unused) F1 Visa, But I Now Need Work-visit Visa. Please Help!! / I Have An American Visa But Dont Need It.. Not Now / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A 2years Us Visa But Yet To Use It And It Will Expire By Feb_pls Advise by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 30, 2011
Hello All,

i have a 2years US valid visa to expire by Feb 20th 2012.

i have not used it for once due to cash challenge.

PLS ADVISE ME, WILL the embassy renew it for me even if i dont use it AT ALL

MUST I USE IT?

i need your good counsel

Thank you
Re: I Have A 2years Us Visa But Yet To Use It And It Will Expire By Feb_pls Advise by halfcurrent(m): 7:47am On Nov 30, 2011
Pls, by all means try and use it to avoid long story at the embassy upon renewal
Re: I Have A 2years Us Visa But Yet To Use It And It Will Expire By Feb_pls Advise by Zainaby: 8:01am On Nov 30, 2011
Eya sori oh. Chei you for go looki amerinca small, snap pinsho too come show us.

I dont know anythng about renewing a visitor's visa. Even people that get the visa and use it up. Eventually will still have to apply when it expires.

And what will be your Excuse to them? When you are asked why you never used it? Remember geting a non immigrant visa you always have to prove your intention to come back,  money and  property and wunt be a liability.

Its not a good sign that you were not able to travel once cos you got money problem. They gona see you as a risk.
Re: I Have A 2years Us Visa But Yet To Use It And It Will Expire By Feb_pls Advise by imperiouxx(m): 8:18am On Nov 30, 2011
Few days after Feb 20, 2012

VO: Oh! why didn't you use your previous visa at all?
Tokszeee: em, em. . . . It was because of financial challenges then.
VO: Well, there is no assurance that if I approve a new one now you will either use it or your status changes.
Tokszeee: em, em. . . . No, it won't be like that because I'm . . . . . .
VO: (cuts in) we are through. . . . Next applicant pls.

***END OF INTERVIEW***
Re: I Have A 2years Us Visa But Yet To Use It And It Will Expire By Feb_pls Advise by Vicjustice: 9:38am On Nov 30, 2011
tokszeeeee:

Hello All,

i have a 2years US valid visa to expire by Feb 20th 2012.

i have not used it for once due to cash challenge.

PLS ADVISE ME, WILL the embassy renew it for me even if i dont use it AT ALL

MUST I USE IT?

i need your good counsel

Thank you
First of all, bear this in mind: the fact that you were issued a 2 years visa and did not use it will not have any negative effect on your next visa application, rather it gives you an overwhelming advantage in subsequent visa applications. Also, know that the concern of every visa officer is the fear that an applicant is desperate to leave the country by any means. But as for a person who was issued a visa and did not use it, that fear is eliminated.
At this stage, i will advice you not to bother to use this visa now that the expiring day is near because, you might be refused entry as they may consider you posing an immigration risk, and do not make the mistake of letting them know your financial circumstance.
My advice is, allow this visa to run out and apply for another one (only) when your financial status has improved
But may i know the category of visa that you were issued, and what was your intended purpose for visit?

1 Like

Re: I Have A 2years Us Visa But Yet To Use It And It Will Expire By Feb_pls Advise by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 30, 2011
i was issued B class--- Tourism
Re: I Have A 2years Us Visa But Yet To Use It And It Will Expire By Feb_pls Advise by snowdrops(m): 11:15am On Nov 30, 2011
I was in a similar situation in the past. Issued such visa for 2 years and never used it due to busy schedule.

When i applied for another one, they asked why i had not used the former. I only told them the truth that my work is quite busy but that i would make every effort to visit the US when issued another one. Simple, no long story. Given another visa for 2 years.

1 Like

Re: I Have A 2years Us Visa But Yet To Use It And It Will Expire By Feb_pls Advise by Vicjustice: 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2011
snowdrops:

I was in a similar situation in the past. Issued such visa for 2 years and never used it due to busy schedule.

When i applied for another one, they asked why i had not used the former. I only told them the truth that my work is quite busy but that i would make every effort to visit the US when issued another one. Simple, no long story. Given another visa for 2 years.
Exactly, that is how it goes

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Stop Spreading False Information - Dana Air Reacts To Alleged Air Crash In Lagos / Air Peace To Fly Dubai, London, Other Routes In 2019 / Terrorists From Mali Planning To infiltrate borders, Attack Abuja - Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.