Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

No Woman Made The Forbes 40 Richest People In Africa List! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / No Woman Made The Forbes 40 Richest People In Africa List! (1248 Views)

Angry Woman Made D'banj Prostrate Before Her At Enugu Airport / Top Ten Richest People In Nigeria 2015 And Net Worth - T.I.N / Youngest Nigerian Billionaire Artist On The Forbes List!!! Mistahdays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Woman Made The Forbes 40 Richest People In Africa List! by Shalomdee(f): 10:33am On Nov 30, 2011
It pains me so much that among the 40 people in Africa who made the Forbes list this year, a woman wasn't among them.

Does this mean our African women are not doing any significant thing? Women counterparts in foreign countries are making significant strides in their areas of expertise. African women really need to wake up from their slumber. We are now in a different age. African women need to stop thinking only of their families and start undertaking challenging ventures. Enough of this mediocrity, African women, please arise.
Re: No Woman Made The Forbes 40 Richest People In Africa List! by highland(m): 10:54am On Nov 30, 2011
Women in Africa often combine their wealth with their husband, so they may not be so pronounced like in the west.
Re: No Woman Made The Forbes 40 Richest People In Africa List! by Shalomdee(f): 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2011
My prayers are that they would rise like their counterparts in the west.
Re: No Woman Made The Forbes 40 Richest People In Africa List! by babyboy3(m): 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2011
Women in Africa often combine their wealth with their husband, so they may not be so pronounced like in the west.

Am yet to meet or see an African woman (most especially a Nigerian) that would combine her wealth with her husband
Re: No Woman Made The Forbes 40 Richest People In Africa List! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 30, 2011
Apparently there's a limit to how rich one can become with 'bottom power'. That pretty much explains everything.
Re: No Woman Made The Forbes 40 Richest People In Africa List! by babyboy3(m): 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2011
Apparently there's a limit to how rich one can become with 'bottom power'. That pretty much explains everything.

A nollywood actress comes to mind
Re: No Woman Made The Forbes 40 Richest People In Africa List! by freed(m): 10:43am On Dec 20, 2011
I think celia Ibru used to be the richest women in Africa but due to her efcc case shes no more rich like that
Re: No Woman Made The Forbes 40 Richest People In Africa List! by Lasinoh: 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2011
Na ashawo work dem wan take reaaaash dia? grin
Phocking with with anus can only go so far! wink
Afrrrrrrrrrrrrreak-a woman fit reeeeash 'Guiness Book of Records' for that matter o. . . not Forbes!

Mu che che che che che che che!!! cheesy
Re: No Woman Made The Forbes 40 Richest People In Africa List! by KnowAll(m): 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2011
CECILIA IBRU was once upon atime the Richest woman in Africa, if not the richest black woman in the world b4 it all came crumbling. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Video: Watch Goldie Dancing “dont Touch My Body” In Her Pyjamas / Who Is Hotter? Dami Or Toolz / Pics: Wizkids Elder Sis And Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.