Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu (6158 Views)

Split Nigeria Now!! There's No Point In Being A Nation / Ben Bruce Sees No Point Why Gov Shettima Should Join PMB To Germany / Ojukwu: Immortalize Him – Yerima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 30, 2011
Ojukwu was suppose to apologize to Nigeria, the tribal segregation today in nigeria he was one of those that champion it, what was his mean aim for the war, which no one today is claiming responsible.
we must not celebrate evil.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Blueinc: 10:54am On Nov 30, 2011
Interesting question, how old are u and how much did u know about Nigerian History? Mr or Mrs Infomine63
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Afam4eva(m): 11:17am On Nov 30, 2011
There's no point opening this thread
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by manchy7531: 11:36am On Nov 30, 2011
You must be a fool for starting such a disgusting thread.

let the igbo mourn their dead.it is not your business to tell weather to immortalize him or not.a word a enough for the wise.let the sleeping dog sleep even more than enough,don't forget you will die someday

There's no point opening this thread

GBAM!!nice display of maturity
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by shadrach77: 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2011
he has a point
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by hustla242: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2011
Common brother at least have some respect for the dead.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by nawfia(m): 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2011
How on earth did this senseles and ill conceived post make the front page?? shocked shocked

Seun and d mods are damn tribalist, guess they just want traffic to the site, angry angry
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Walala(m): 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2011
I have respect for the dead but I think it is a legitimate question to ask what are we really celebrating about him? From what I researched, he allowed his own people to perish from hunger and starvation all in the name of succession.  He never preached unity at any point that I could remember.

I respect any man that stands up for himself and his people but can someone please point me to an article or documentary that shows why we need to celebrate him. Thanks.

No bias or hate here, I just love Nigerian History and especially anything that can explain why we are so separated in our country.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Wallie(m): 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2011
He was a leader that fought vehemently for the people he represented unlike today's leaders who fight for their own selfish reasons.

Regardless of which side of his heroism debate you stand, you cannot deny the fact that he represented the Igbos to strive for what he believed, whether rightly or wrongly, was injustice towards his people. For that, the Igbos and other people that share his views will be forever grateful to him.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by manchy7531: 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2011
Seun and d mods are damn tribalist, guess they just want traffic to the site,

i thought i was the only one think so.i Nl moderators are loosing it.they are becoming like our elected officers.They are not doing their job.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by asha80(m): 5:11pm On Nov 30, 2011
infomine63:

Ojukwu was suppose to apologize to Nigeria, the tribal segregation today in nigeria he was one of those that champion it, what was his mean aim for the war, which no one today is claiming responsible.

you obviously know next to nothing about your country but i do not blame you but the educational system that we run.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by binhozie(m): 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2011
nawfia:

How on earth did this senseles and ill conceived post make the front page?? shocked shocked

Seun and d mods are damn tribalist, guess they just want traffic to the site, angry angry

haha. . .you beat me to it!
I wont go as far as tribalist sha, just that its a cheap move to get traffic. duh wink

I only hope the thread dies in its first page
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2011
Benjamin Adekunle already named a goat after him

"Okay," he beamed, "the Germans just know how war works. Tonight there is a front-party in my headquarters. You will come! An order is an order!"

This interview with the most important man in the Nigerian war took place at night. Whisky and beer were abundant, uniformed go-go girls played DJ, Adekunle danced and petted his mascot, a small mountain goat named "Ojukwu".
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Challas(m): 5:19pm On Nov 30, 2011
infomine63:

Have u ever asked your father or yourself the main issue that caused the Nigerian Civil War or do u think that the Great Ojukwu:just woke up one wonderful morning in 1967and started fighting Nigeria.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Joshcoli(m): 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2011
I will respect Ojukwu for one thing
He fought for the freedom of his people
He spent his own money (well his fathers money) to sponsor the war,
The foolish thing he did was to enter a war with Nigerian Army without a guns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtDTS9aHzvc&feature=autoplay&list=PLBB906BBB6A64044A&lf=results_video&playnext=2

He will surely be remember as a HERO
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Cupidkc(m): 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2011
How did this make the front page?
Hope we're not looking for cheap tribal traffic.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by silibaba: 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2011
swung n Co wat is this nonsense doin on front page.poster I tinkering ur brain is having partial contact. angry
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2011
The ibos can start naming their children oju-iku.isnt that enough ?
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by xrazzy(m): 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2011
if ojukwu is a hero, then the likes of Slobodan Milosevic and  Adolf Hitler are also heros. From the angle of absolute moralism, no war can be justified, not even a war waged to secede from enslavement.  I will suggest a posthumous nuremberg type of war trial for him because he started a war he knew he couldn't win and put every chukwuemekas, nnekas, ogechis, and nwanfors thru 3 years of hardship and  32 years of national political alienation.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Myself2(m): 5:39pm On Nov 30, 2011
Having read the text of the OP,I can safely conclude that he is both semi-illiterate and uninformed,so I'll pardon him
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by jascon1(m): 5:40pm On Nov 30, 2011
poster, i believe you should ask your grandfather the history of Nigeria. sorry, i didnt say your father cos he may have been born around 1972. it's so obvious that you have read the ethiopian version of Nigerian history.
Ojukwu was enraged over the killing of the igbos in the north. there have been BOKO HARAM ever since. if i should use that new term as u may not understand historic rendition. the igbos had fled kano and the emir himself came to visit Ojukwu to ask the igbos to return to Kano that there would be peace. with due assurance from the words of the emir, he encouraged his people to return. yet again, there was another massacre. so, it felt like Ojukwu betrayed his own people. meanwhile, during these attacks, the government posed deaf ears. u see the rage??
i strongly believe ojukwu should be immortalized for his bravery and unselfish spirited course. igbo kwenu! lets have an ojukwu day
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Yinkay: 5:45pm On Nov 30, 2011
He shoud be immortalised so that we can learn from past mistakes that led to the war and forge a truly united 9ja.Google Rober E. Lee to know how Americans recovered from their civil war.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2011
Yinkay:

He shoud be immortalised so that we can[b] learn from past mistakes [/b]that led to the war and forge a truly united 9ja.Google Rober E. Lee to know how Americans recovered from their civil war.
The only mistake [/b]to LEARN from is the [b]big mistake called NIGERIA.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by numo86(m): 5:49pm On Nov 30, 2011
my own na make d igbo's no do so tay them begin worship ojukwu, because this is tending towards idolatry, fine he fought for his people,but the igbos shuld be careful and know that he's just a man made of dust, why all this immortalizing this and that, haba!,
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:05pm On Nov 30, 2011
quid:

The only mistake [/b]to LEARN from is the [b]big mistake called NIGERIA.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by sunkoye: 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2011
angryAfricans will always be Africans. I stands to be corrected but i have not seen a war waged without the leader's selfish interest. i have also not seen a good war.the major difference between Hitler and ojukwu was the scale of the war. whereas Nigerians calls one hero and the other devil incarnate. Africans are always ready to protect their  own irrespective of their criminal activities and tendencies.when ojukwu was in a  mood to wage a war, He should have asked a little boy this questions! is it on a just and re sonable course? must pple die because of his Ego? is the timing right? cos i wondered why he never stayed and let himself be captured if he had really loved biafra.  angryall this commonsensical thought was not in place for a would be war lord. Shit! shallow mind he rushed to fight with little resouses . Everything was ill conceived and the consequence was to get a close attention from Nigerian Army. peeps, that was suicidal.and should be punished! Nigerians are too soft(follow follow too much)!. imagine papa ran  leaving his children to face the consequence of his actions and inaction. why must we celebrate such a person of cowardice behavior. what is the difference between him and our thieving politicians that put the cart before the horse! As a Nigerian and irrespective of where i come from, i will always support a revolution that will unified the country not one that  will had it break up.Period! angry
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2011
sunkoye:

angryAfricans will always be Africans. I stands to be corrected but i have not seen a war waged without the leader's selfish interest. i have also not seen a good war.the major difference between Hitler and ojukwu was the scale of the war. whereas Nigerians calls one hero and the other devil incarnate. Africans are always ready to protect their  own irrespective of their criminal activities and tendencies.when ojukwu was in a  mood to wage a war, He should have asked a little boy this questions! is it on a just and re sonable course? must pple die because of his Ego? is the timing right? cos i wondered why he never stayed and let himself be captured if he had really loved biafra.  angryall this commonsensical thought was not in place for a would be war lord. poo! shallow mind he rushed to fight with little resouses . Everything was ill conceived and the consequence was to get a close attention from Nigerian Army. peeps, that was suicidal.and should be punished! Nigerians are too soft(follow follow too much)!. imagine papa ran  leaving his children to face the consequence of his actions and inaction. why must we celebrate such a person of cowardice behavior. what is the difference between him and our thieving politicians that put the cart before the horse! As a Nigerian and irrespective of where i come from, i will always support a revolution that will unified the country not one that  will had it break up.Period! angry
The SImple truth. God bless you. Too much sentiments and crap on this thread about Ojukwu.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by hbrednic: 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2011
trashy thread
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by ypad: 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2011
[quoteSeun and d mods are damn tribalist, guess they just want traffic to the site,

i thought i was the only one think so.i Nl moderators are loosing it.they are becoming like our elected officers.They are not doing their job.
][quote][/quote]

I have noticed the high rate of tribalism going on in NL mostly among the moderators and this has affected my contribution in the forum. I thought this forum was meant to discuss development both for our country Nigeria and to individual but i see tribal war.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by asha80(m): 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2011
sunkoye:

angryAfricans will always be Africans. I stands to be corrected but i have not seen a war waged without the leader's selfish interest. i have also not seen a good war.the major difference between Hitler and ojukwu was the scale of the war. whereas Nigerians calls one hero and the other devil incarnate. Africans are always ready to protect their  own irrespective of their criminal activities and tendencies.when ojukwu was in a  mood to wage a war, He should have asked a little boy this questions! is it on a just and re sonable course? must pple die because of his Ego? is the timing right? cos i wondered why he never stayed and let himself be captured if he had really loved biafra.  angryall this commonsensical thought was not in place for a would be war lord. poo! shallow mind he rushed to fight with little resouses . Everything was ill conceived and the consequence was to get a close attention from Nigerian Army. peeps, that was suicidal.and should be punished! Nigerians are too soft(follow follow too much)!. imagine papa ran  leaving his children to face the consequence of his actions and inaction. why must we celebrate such a person of cowardice behavior. what is the difference between him and our thieving politicians that put the cart before the horse! As a Nigerian and irrespective of where i come from, i will always support a revolution that will unified the country not one that  will had it break up.Period! angry

goodluck on that and i doubt if you know what led to the war
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2011
binhozie:

haha. . .you beat me to it!
I wont go as far as tribalist sha, just that its a cheap move to get traffic. duh  wink

I only hope the thread dies in its first page

Threads like this NEVER die at first page. They live till you can print a book from them. That the mods enjoys these tribal wars is common knowledge. Just goes to show Nigeria's problem is not education but miseducation. If people who actually use these forums are educated, then you're left to imagine how those who have never seen a keyboard would behave.

Tribalism RULES on nairaland. Get used to it.
Re: There Is No Point To Immortalize Ojukwu by ak47mann(m): 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2011
ikemba is making wave death or alive his a hero indeed cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING! Buhari Picks Ngige As Running Mate: Vows To Stop Corruption(pictures) / SEC: Nigeria’s Rising Debt Servicing Is An Economic Threat / Osun Guber: Appeal Court Live Proceedings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.