Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,083 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

I Want To Worship The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Worship The Holy Spirit (787 Views)

Is It Right to Worship The Picture Of Brian Deacon(Jesus)? / Beware Of White Garment Churches..the Worship The Marine Spirits! / How To Worship The Nigerian God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Worship The Holy Spirit by chicago10: 12:33am On Dec 01, 2011
Wrong or right beloveth? Pls no sarcasism here, reserve any negativities or strife off this inquiry. Pls I beg una, this is pretty sensitive.
Re: I Want To Worship The Holy Spirit by HISchild: 8:07am On Dec 01, 2011
@chicago,

when speaking about HIS Eternal Excellent Majesty, JEHOVAH / YAHWEH, one must speak very humbly, reverently and in fear because "God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints, and to be had in reverence of all them that are about him." - Psa_89:7, "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7

I believe that when one worships The Holy FATHER in the Name of The Lord JESUS CHRIST, The SON of GOD, The "Almighty" (Rev 1:7-cool, via The HOLY SPIRIT Who indwells, one worships GOD in HIS entirety, WHO is One - "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. - John 4:23, because there is "One Lord, one faith, one baptism," - Eph 4:5

Command to worship The Lord JESUS CHRIST, "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." - Col_2:9
"Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house; So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him." - Psa 45:10-11
"And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh." - Matt 2:11
"And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him." - Matt 28:9; (Matt 8:2 , Matt 9:18, Matt 14:33, Matt 15:25, Matt 28:17, Mark 5:6 , Mark 15:19, Luke 24:52, John 9:38, Rev 5:14)

since anyone who is truly saved is indwelt by GOD in HIS entirety, we worship GOD by The HOLY SPIRIT, GOD.
"Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him." -John 14:23
"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father." - Gal 4:6
"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" - 1 Cor 6:19

========
"But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen." - Matt 6:7-11
Re: I Want To Worship The Holy Spirit by divineson: 4:29pm On Dec 03, 2011
you are only to woship god , honour and thank jesus christ for dying for you and welcome the holyspirit into your life becos jesus sent him to you, as a helper and teacher
Re: I Want To Worship The Holy Spirit by theseeker2: 1:22am On Dec 04, 2011
chicago10:

Wrong or right beloveth? Pls no sarcasism here, reserve any negativities or strife off this inquiry. Pls I beg una, this is pretty sensitive.

Get a Dove
Re: I Want To Worship The Holy Spirit by Joagbaje(m): 7:20am On Dec 04, 2011
Revelation 19:10
10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God . . .

People worship the holy spirit on the ground that he is God also. But 3members of the Godhead seem to have their functions.  We pray to GOD in the name of JESUS by the power of the HOLY SPIRT

But to now choose one part if the Godhead to worship is somehow. The holyspirit didn't come to glorify himself.

John 16:13-14
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Re: I Want To Worship The Holy Spirit by nlMediator: 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2011
The Holy Spirit is God. Feel free to worship Him. Also feel free to worship Jesus. And of course the Father. In terms of prayer, I'm not sure the Bible condemns praying to Jesus or the Holy Spirit, in addition to the Father.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Polygamist Sect Leader In American Jail Pressured To Impose Change / Mohammad And Mary / Jesus Christ Is Not, In Reality And Essence, A Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.