Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,621 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? (836 Views)

Abacha, Ojukwu And Gowon In A Private Jet (Throwback Photo) / Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo / Throw Back Picture Of Odimegwu Ojukwu And Wife Stella (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by sheyguy: 9:25am On Dec 01, 2011
Fellow NLders, i have come accross the phrase "Ojukwu saw it" so many time when Nigeria's current problems are being discussed in this site (Nairaland) and beyond. People are quick to point out how Ojukwu, some times Awolowo and likes as far as 30yrs back saw the future of Nigeria heading to it current state if it should remain a country and all that. Having gone through some key part of our history again, I can't really point to what they claimed to have seen back then linking to our current predicament and it still baffles me how the phrase has come to stick with us so quickly, Please i will like to here from Nlders who are conversant with the the beliefs/philosophy of Ojukwu and any other prominent politician/political figure from the pre-1970 politics of Nigeria to please shed more light concerning this issue. Are we looking in the wrong direction for our problems as one country? If u ask me, I think our probelms are much more than that of ethnicity, illiteracy, and lack/mismanagement of resources .
If you say our problem is mainly tribal/ethnic based, we still have same problem we have at national level in all states of the federation with one dominant ethnic group, but in slighty varying proportion due to culture and tradition.
If you say it is illiteracy, formal sectors that don't depend on illitrates has equally failed, sectors like Oil, Education and ICT.
If you say lack/mismanagement of resource, we had same problem as of pre-1970 Nigeria and certain thing which were working then are still not working now.
What exactly did Ojukwu and his political peers of pre-1970 Nigeria see?
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by namfav(m): 9:34am On Dec 01, 2011
they foolishly say that he saw the coups , a ridiculous claim as it was obvious, he comes from the military himself it was not a prediction, just a fact of the situation at the time
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by tomaro(m): 10:40am On Dec 01, 2011
But if Ojukwu saw it , what has he done to avert its consequences? I see it that he was more concerned with the welfare of Ndi-Igbo forgetting that of Nigeria at large!
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by kettykin: 11:22am On Dec 01, 2011
Now that he has died , lets see if your fortunes will improve and if there will be peace in Nijiriya and if the hausa flani will stop killing other nigerians
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by PointB: 11:43am On Dec 01, 2011
"Nigeria is a mere geographical expression." - Awolowo.

By the statement Awolowo "saw" that Nigeria will continuously struggle to be a country, which each component striving for it's agenda and identity, never truly realising their potential in the geographical enclave.

Awo grudgingly accepted that reality. Ojukwu saw the same thing; he saw the mass murder in the north and the born to rule mentality and realise it won't go away soon but would rather be entrench as a system.

Ojukwu and acted, but Awo for some well discussed obvious reasons reneged on his early believe.

Today here we stand discussing the same thing the saw ages ago.

We are one country in body, but never in soul and spirit: and some will do whatever necessary to sabotage the country. PIB is languishing in the NASS exactly because Niger is a mere geographical expression. Awo and Ojukwu definitely saw this. In action lies the difference.
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by Dede1(m): 12:47pm On Dec 01, 2011
@OP

It will be glorified futile attempt to educate you on what ”Ojukwu and Co” saw about cesspit called Nigeria if at this stage of your life it still blows aimlessly over your skull.

They say “ a fool at 40 is bound to be fool forever”.
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by sheyguy: 1:41pm On Dec 01, 2011
PointB:

"Nigeria is a mere geographical expression." - Awolowo.

By the statement Awolowo "saw" that Nigeria will continuously struggle to be a country, which each component striving for it's agenda and identity, never truly realising their potential in the geographical enclave.

Awo grudgingly accepted that reality. Ojukwu saw the same thing; he saw the mass murder in the north and the born to rule mentality and realise it won't go away soon but would rather be entrench as a system.

Ojukwu and acted, but Awo for some well discussed obvious reasons reneged on his early believe.

Today here we stand discussing the same thing the saw ages ago.

We are one country in body, but never in soul and spirit: and some will do whatever necessary to sabotage the country. PIB is languishing in the NASS exactly because Niger is a mere geographical expression. Awo and Ojukwu definitely saw this. In action lies the difference.
awo statement u qouted in ur post saw Nigeria as a mere geographical expression comprising three main and incompartible regions i believe, but these so called regions are still crippling, they claim to be unified internally but they av hardly progressed.

The born to rule u claimed Ojukwu saw in the northerners is still with them till today, but other regions are hardly better than they r, it seems we have given up totally in this country, if u ask me our problems has its foundation in lack of character on a personal level, nobody respects anything of federal character any longer. We as africans tend to take the word of any father-figure too seriously, we should move on from being slaves to the words of our past hero, those words were uttered in the heat of the moment back then however times has changed. Our problems are not regionals they boil down to a personnal level.
Ibos can blame marginalization all day but that lack of character on personnal level is still the main challenge of all tribes/ethnic group of Nigeria.
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by T8ksy(m): 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2011
Dede1:

@OP

It will be glorified futile attempt to educate you on what ”Ojukwu and Co” saw about cesspit called Nigeria if at this stage of your life it still blows aimlessly over your skull.

@ Bolded,

meaning you do not know but rather than admit it you go on your usual personal attacks strategy.

Go on "prof", tell us what was it Ojukwu and co saw in  july 1966 (after Ironsi an igboman has been relieved of his C-I-C post ) that zik and

co didn't  realised when they were "patiently waiting" for the north to join the  south in forming one country?

Afterall, its on record that it was only you ibos that wanted one nigeria whilst both the sardunna and Awo were against.
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2011
Dede1:

@OP

Ojukwu did not see anything. Shortly after the war, when the oil boom came and Udoji came and Nigeria seemed headed for being an economic power, Ojukwu and Biafra was quickly forgotten. And he would have been permanently forgotten if the millitary did not mess up Nigeria afterwards.
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by PointB: 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2011
@She-guy, you are wasting your time. Over 70% of the population does not believe in one Nigeria any longer. We are bidding our time waiting for 2015 or when the last straw will come.

you can preach all day if you like. Niger was Zik's baby. Nigeria died with Zik. Today we are strategising on how to quit the corpse Nigeria. Should we implode it from the inside? Should we hope Boko harem will do the job? Should we support united states agenda of splitting Nigeria? Will the hausa/Fulani misadventure in the middle belt tip the scale? Will it happen via SNC?

This are the possibilities. Only naive people will believe that after 50 years we should keep talking about the same thing. Knowing well that: 'to do the same thing the same way and expect a different result is the beginning of insanity." Are we a country of mad people?
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by dayokanu(m): 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2011
He saw the route to Abidjan
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by sheyguy: 9:16pm On Dec 01, 2011
Aigbofa:

Ojukwu did not see anything. Shortly after the war, when the oil boom came and Udoji came and Nigeria seemed headed for being an economic power, Ojukwu and Biafra was quickly forgotten. And he would have been permanently forgotten if the millitary did not mess up Nigeria afterwards.
i agree wit u on going through some history a second time, because b4 the oil boom awareness there was calm in Nigeria's politics, once the oil came these ibo tried to be too smart, the north must av seen this ambition in the ibos and i quess that was enough to make the north aggrieved and heigthened the tension between north and the east.
The ibos wanted to quickly ensure an upper hand in the race by eliminating the yorubas (who used to be allies with the ibos and will potentially shorten their ration) along with thier northern rivals.
Thanks so much . . . .lol
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by asha80(m): 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2011
sheyguy:

i agree wit u on going through some history a second time, because b4 the oil boom awareness there was calm in Nigeria's politics, once the oil came these ibo tried to be too smart, the north must av seen this ambition in the ibos and i quess that was enough to make the north aggrieved and heigthened the tension between north and the east.
The ibos wanted to quickly ensure a upper hand in the race eliminating the yorubas (who used to be allies with the ibos) along with thier northern rivals.

you have no idea about your history
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by sheyguy: 9:40pm On Dec 01, 2011
asha 80:

you have no idea about your history

What do you mean by "you have no idea about your history" there the oil was discovered well before independence however it took some years for full awareness of it full potential on our economy and the scope of it availability, it took time for everybody to really realize its full implication if there should be a break up of Nigeria into northern and southern Nigeria. Asha 80 have u Iboo guys twisted that part of History also? ? ?, please oh don't oh . . . . for ND sake, . . .lol
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by asha80(m): 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2011
sheyguy:

What do you mean by "you have no idea about your history" there the oil was discovered well before independence however it took some years for full awareness of it full potential on our economy and the scope of it availability, it took time for everybody to really realize its full implication if there should be a break up of Nigeria into northern and southern Nigeria. Asha 80 have u Iboo guys twisted that part of History also? ? ?, please oh don't oh . . . . for ND sake, . . .lol

i do not have time for you and your cohorts ethnic bashing here.i simply wrote that if you think at before 1956 that there was no tension in nigerian politics(even before independence as the whites were still in charge)then you do not know your history
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by sheyguy: 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2011
asha 80:

i do not have time for you and your cohorts ethnic bashing here.i simply wrote that if you think at before 1956 that there was no tension in nigerian politics(even before independence as the whites were still in charge)then you do not know your history
u beta have the time mr. ibo clown pretending to be a decent NLder, the whites where still in charge but there was tension already the ibos/yorubas against northerners in kano. I warned u not to twist history and u did, i guess that's just who u r.
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by asha80(m): 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2011
sheyguy:

The ibos wanted to quickly ensure an upper hand in the race by eliminating the yorubas (who used to be allies with the ibos and will potentially shorten their ration) along with thier northern rivals.

how do you coorelate the bolded with the bolded below

sheyguy:

u beta have the time mr. ibo clown pretending to be a decent NLder, the whites where still in charge but there was tension already the ibos/yorubas against northerners in kano. I warned u not to twist history and u did, i guess that's just who u r.

if there was calm in nigeria politics before oil boom as you said initially how come you are now saying there was tension already btw the igbos/yorubas against northerners    are you organising your thoughts well 
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by sheyguy: 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2011
asha 80:

how do you coorelate the bolded with the bolded below

if there was calm in nigeria politics before oil boom as you said initially how come you are now saying there was tension already btw the igbos/yorubas against northerners    are you organising your thoughts well 
dullard . . . . i meant there was calm "relatively". Meaning that though the awareness of competion 4 oil was there shld there b a break up as proposed earlier. The ibos actually jumped the gun and they are living to regret it today. . . . .it's no one's fault but the ibos'.
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by asha80(m): 10:32pm On Dec 01, 2011
sheyguy:

dullard . . . . i meant there was calm "relatively". Meaning that though the awareness of competion 4 oil was there shld there b a break up as proposed earlier. The ibos actually jumped the gun and they are living to regret it today. . . . .it's no one's fault but the ibos'.

see who is calling someone dullard  someone that cannot organise his thoughts well  undecided ,from 'there was calm' to meaning relative calm.if it was an exam you will just fail.

haha living to regret it?if only nigeria was a developing(forget developed) country and progressing well then your assertions would hold water but in this situation we all are in? we will all enjoy it together.after all poverty index across the 6 zones proves it.

are you talking about being president?hehe i can see how northern presidency has changed the life of the average guy in the north or how obasanjo's presidecy changed the southwest to eldorado or how jonathan's presidency has turned your niger delta to dubai.
Re: Ojukwu And Co. Saw It, What Exactly Did They See ? ? ? by PointB: 10:48pm On Dec 01, 2011
asha 80:

see who is calling someone dullard  someone that cannot organise his thoughts well  undecided ,from 'there was calm' to meaning relative calm.if it was an exam you will just fail.

haha living to regret it?if only nigeria was a developing(forget developed) country and progressing well then your assertions would hold water but in this situation we all are in? we will all enjoy it together.after all poverty index across the 6 zones proves it.

are you talking about being president?hehe i can see how northern presidency has changed the life of the average guy in the north or how obasanjo's presidecy changed the southwest to eldorado or how jonathan's presidency has turned your niger delta to dubai.

Dont mind the she-guy he is in dreamworld, Igbo regret indeed.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-688971.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti State Governor / Massive Oil Spill Near Nigeria's Coast / Fuel Subsidy Crisis: CNPP, NBA, Muslim Congress, Support Protests.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.