Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee (6572 Views)

Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding / Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands / Jonathan Creates New Office, Appoints Tukur As 'Ambassador At Large' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by channel801(f): 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2011
In January this year while Dim Ojukwu was lying critical ill in a London Hospital, President Jonathan appointed Mrs Bianca Ojukwu as Senior Special Assistant on Diaspora Affairs. Whether she was able to carry out the responsibilities or not is a discussion for another day.

Today, less than a week after her husband's death, the corpse still in the morgue and the Igbo Ozo council yet to formally announce his death, not to talk of him being buried, our president has sent the woman's name to the Senate again for confirmation as an ambassador, according to NTA News.

By Igbo tradition, a woman MUST mourn her husband for one year! Ok ok let's agree that the world is changing at least she must mourn him for some months.

What exactly is it with these appointment for Bianca by all means abi. . . . . . . . .

Updates:
Other nominees sent to the Senate include immediate past deputy governor of Oyo State, Taofeek Arapaja, Ojo Maduekwe, Former aviation minister, Mrs. Fidelia Akuabata Njeze and another former deputy governor of Ondo State, Chief Cornelius Oluwateru and a former chairman of the Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC), Mrs Esther John Audu.

I have a link from Sun now: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/dec/02/national-02-12-2011-018.html
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by tpia5: 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2011
her sister is already working as a nigerian diplomat i believe.

for the past two or so decades.

might be a family thing.

besides, her dad was well connected and possibly so was her mum.

though gej's haste is weird.

hmm, what or who is going on behind the scenes.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by PeeDaVinci: 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2011
somebody should please tell me this is not true. . . . why appoint a woman who just lost her husband as ambassador for whatever? to me, this is an insensitive action which is insulting to the dead man, the woman and their family, and besides, is this the way to appoint pple to position? compensation-based appointment for the loss of your husband? uhh, i hail thee, mr jeg

if this information is lie (which i hope it will be), i retract all my statement
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by HighChief4(m): 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2011
I doubt the veracity of this story. Ohanaeze cautioned Federal government the last time she was appointed as S S. Anyways, I feel that GEJ might be eager to show appreciation for the overwhelmin support he got from SE during the last election and what else is a better way of doing that than to appoint the wife of the greatest Igbo man
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by tpia5: 11:03pm On Dec 01, 2011
^^yes, rationalize it.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 02, 2011
Hahaha. For all those that supported and "voted" for GEJ, especially my short-sighted,bigot-ridden Igbo brothers, your "breathe of fresh air" is here. Agbani Darego abeg be on your mats, cos you'll soon be appointed as a Minister of the Federal Rep.of Nigeria.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by Nobody: 4:06am On Dec 02, 2011
GEJ just cannot wait for that Puz. . . .

Let her finish mourning plz. Have respect for her late hubby.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by ezeagu(m): 4:10am On Dec 02, 2011
And the follow-follow rotten bottom tumbles in.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by abouzaid: 5:23am On Dec 02, 2011
Ojukwu was central in the formation of the APGA/PDP coalition that delivered the south east to GEJ. I believe he also wanted his wife to be set up as a diplomat before his death giving his failing health. That's not a bad move by me. The greatest achievement of ojukwu in recent times is bringing in igbos into mainstream politics, high level federal service and top security positions through GEJ.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by dayokanu(m): 5:51am On Dec 02, 2011
GEJ is doing everything to take her away from Uju Okonkwo

Biancar, the CUNTry bicycle
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by ezeagu(m): 6:09am On Dec 02, 2011
What do you expect from low lives? Low life jokes. Where is the follow-follow to follow up?
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 02, 2011
channel801:

In January this year while Dim Ojukwu was lying critical ill in a London Hospital, President Jonathan appointed Mrs Bianca Ojukwu as Senior Special Assistant on Diaspora Affairs. Whether she was able to carry out the responsibilities or not is a discussion for another day.

Today, less than a week after her husband's death, the corpse still in the morgue and the Igbo Ozo council yet to formally announce his death, not to talk of him being buried, our president has sent the woman's name to the Senate again for confirmation as an ambassador, according to NTA News.

By Igbo tradition, a woman MUST mourn her husband for one year! Ok ok let's agree that the world is changing at least she must mourn him for some months.

What exactly is it with these appointment for Bianca by all means abi. . . . . . . . .

Updates:
Other nominees sent to the Senate include immediate past deputy governor of Oyo State, Taofeek Arapaja, Ojo Maduekwe, Former aviation minister, Mrs. Fidelia Akuabata Njeze and another former deputy governor of Ondo State, Chief Cornelius Oluwateru and a former chairman of the Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC), Mrs Esther John Audu.

I have a link from Sun now: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/dec/02/national-02-12-2011-018.html

This is a desecration of ibo culture of the highest order which our ibo brothers ought to challenge but tribalism wont let them.Lets see what our e-biafara and the foot soldiers in ohaneze would do if this woman in eventually confirmed by the senate.maybe oju-iku is not worth mourning by bianca since jonathan is already knacking her apako.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by olawalebabs(m): 6:40am On Dec 02, 2011
Is one of the clueless appointment he is making
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by ezeagu(m): 6:40am On Dec 02, 2011
And more fatherless children stumble their yam heads into their favourite past time: making a fool of their people.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by Bisijohn: 6:47am On Dec 02, 2011
The appointment is too early. The woman just lost her hubby, and besides the burial hasn't been done. It doesn't speak well. Is she the most qualified person in the state? I hope the woman will toe path of dignity and reject the appointment.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 02, 2011
ezeagu:

And more fatherless children stumble their yam heads into their favourite past time: making a fool of their people.
Where do you exactly belong on this issue cuz it seems you are highly confused and undecided ?
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by abouzaid: 7:38am On Dec 02, 2011
@bluetooth, we are to follow your logic, then every widowed ambassador,civil servant,banker etc should resign or reject new appointments for one yr in order to mourn their husbands abi? Igbo modern custom dictates she shaves her head and year a mourning cloth with her children for a about a year not that they should abandon their jobs and education for a year. This is once in a life time shot for this woman and her children to break into the top echelons of this national politics and i advice her to grab it with both hands, doing otherwise would be foolishness. Staying idle in the house is not mourning by any standard be it igbo,hausa or yoruba
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by Pain(m): 8:39am On Dec 02, 2011
Bullshitt Crap!

With this she'd be bleeeping some overweight potbellied government big-wig before "Ikemba" goes thru the full "Rot Cycle" in Hades.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 02, 2011
abouzaid:

@bluetooth, we are to follow your logic, then every widowed ambassador,civil servant,banker etc should resign or reject new appointments for one yr in order to mourn their husbands abi? Igbo modern custom dictates she shaves her head and year a mourning cloth with her children for a about a year not that they should abandon their jobs and education for a year. This is once in a life time shot for this woman and her children to break into the top echelons of this national politics and i advice her to grab it with both hands, doing otherwise would be foolishness. Staying idle in the house is not mourning by any standard be it igbo,hausa or yoruba
Seems you couldnt comprehend what i was saying before you came up with your nonsense logic.If the ib custom allows for a new widow to mourn her husband for a year,what will bianca do now that she's been offered an ambassadorial appointment even when the husband in still lying in the morgue ? Will she take the appointment and do away with ibo tradition ?
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by mbulela: 9:17am On Dec 02, 2011
Ojo Maduekwe again?
can't his old man just retire and go play with his grand kids?
How can you go from being a mister for foreign affairs to being an ambassador?
Is there no hnour and shame amongst these thieves?
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by abouzaid: 9:18am On Dec 02, 2011
@bluetooth, the modern igbo custom just requires her to shave her head and wear a mourning cloth only. So are u telling me that all newly widowed diplomats should abandon their posts for one yr? I strongly advice her to take it besides it's her personal choice to make so i'm not going to be wasting bandwiths anymore responding to this post since no body on earth wears her shoe for her. Only her can make the final decision and none of us have the moral right to judge her. Chikena
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by mutter(f): 10:09am On Dec 02, 2011
That is politics for you. No specific qualifications needed.
How many Nigerians holding political posts are actually qualified for the post? How many people all over the world are actually qualified for the political posts they hold.
Why don`t we point fingers at ourselves and start showing respect for the dead and a worthy son of Nigeria as that. This we can best do by respecting the privacy of his family and showing them some respect especially in this time of mourning.
Anyone who has ever lost a loved one after a long protracted illness knows the pain. Sometimes death even comes as a relief to the sick and the family. I feel for his wife she is still so young and has contended with so much and still has so much to contend with.
She may not have gained your condolences but she certainly deserves her respect and privacy.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by Basics007: 10:25am On Dec 02, 2011
When GEJ needs to take things slow he hurries. When he is expected to take quick decisions he dilly-dallies. Some examples includes
-The rush to appoint a substantial Appeal Court president even when there's still a case in court.
- The rush to recognise the Libyan rebels even when they were still killing Nigerians
- The rush to exonerate MEND from the Oct 1 2010 bombing even when investigations were still ongoing. Etc
But he knows how to drag his feet on matters of grave national importance like ASUU, Boko Haram etc.
What is so urgent about this appointment that he couldn't wait a bit at least till the conclusion of burial rites for this woman's hubby.
Is there something else behind the whole "ambassador" thing we dont know?
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by sugar001(f): 10:31am On Dec 02, 2011
Our fisherman with no shoes is at it again.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 10:38am On Dec 02, 2011
GEJ needs to give her time to mourn her loss
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by Yorisb: 11:32am On Dec 02, 2011
channel801:

Updates:

Bull-crap - Apparently, the writer of this article is an Igbo wannabe!
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 02, 2011
abouzaid:

@bluetooth, the modern igbo custom just requires her to shave her head and wear a mourning cloth only. So are u telling me that all newly widowed diplomats should abandon their posts for one yr? I strongly advice her to take it besides it's her personal choice to make so i'm not going to be wasting bandwiths anymore responding to this post since no body on earth wears her shoe for her. Only her can make the final decision and none of us have the moral right to judge her. Chikena
You are the one either showing your ignorance or decided to downplay your custom.You are saying she shouldnt mourn her husband according to the normal tradition but should only shave her head and wear the normal black mourning cloth for a year which i supposed ? What about her state of mindand please dont forget that the husband has not even been buried ? I find it hard to believe that all these sound cool to you,so pathetic !
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by lonamy: 11:42am On Dec 02, 2011
So all of you don't know that GEJ is romancing Bianca. GEJ is using every opportunity to keep her around him so that he can keep very close eye on her.
Even now that he hubby is dead. It will be very wise of GEJ to bring her closer to the government, so that other interested members of the society, who are willing to taste the left over of the "GREATEST IGBO MAN", will not have such opportunity. At least the hubby is dead, there is need for someone to take care of the vacuum.

So Jonathan is not a dull fellow, he knows what he is doing.

Jona!! Jona!!! as foundly called by that criminal governor, Ibori.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by kbsheshe(m): 11:48am On Dec 02, 2011
Less than one week for the death of her husband no no no something is fishy,oga jona get your eyes off,
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 02, 2011
kbsheshe:

Less than one week for the death of her husband no no no something is fishy,oga jona get your eyes off,
Go and scan her body and you will see jonathan's handprint all over her.Jona na bad man.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 02, 2011
Time and again, those of us based outside Nigeria watch the Federal Government bequeath us with undesirable representatives because we are too busy squabbling over ephemeral issues.

Why is Bianca the main focus, here, when there are at least a dozen others who lack the pedigree required of a diplomat?

Give another six months from now and you would have Nigerians in places like Malaysia, Singapore, Venezeula, and the UK  grin opening threads here on NL, to complain about the incompetence of Ambassadors and High Commissioners appointed to serve on their behalf. Yet here we are chasing shadows as we are wont to do.

To illustrate this point, I have highlighted just a couple of names from the list I compiled below, to show there are others whose chequered antecedents ought to be more of a concern grin

Mrs. Fidelia Akuabata Njeze - One time Minister of State for Aviation, Minister of Water Resources, Minister of Defence, and Minister of Agriculture
Mrs Esther John Audu - Current High Commissioner to the Gambia
Hon. James Shuaibu Barka - former speaker of house in Adamaw. Bowed out his colleagues perfected his impeachment process in August 2010.
Allegedly quizzed the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over financial irregularities when he acted as Governor of the state
Barr. Eric Aworabhi - Part time member of Governing board on 'National Salaries, Income and Wages Commission' - inaugurated by Yar'adua August 2009
Barrister Chive Kaave  - Former NFA vice-chairman and Attorney General of Benue State
Mallam Dauda Danladi  - Director in the office of Permanent Secretary (Borno)?
Senator Haruna Garba - Ministerial nominee for Gombe back in August of this year
Nonye Rajis-Okpara - Director General of Rochas foundation
Chief Eddy Onuoha -  Deputy Secretary General, Ohaneze Ndigbo. President General of Osu Clan.
Biodun Nathaniel Olorunfemi (PhD) - Permanent Secretary, FCT. Former Head of Planning, Research and Statistics Department at Ministry of Defence.
Engr. Olatokunbo Kamson - Governorship aspirant for Lagos (2011)
Colonel Roland Omowa (Ret.) - Former ADC to Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo,
Dr. Yemi Farounbi - One time Chairman of both Daily Times of Nigeria (DTN) and the Osun State Broadcasting Corporation.
Hon. (Alhaji) Taofeek Arapaja - former deputy governor of Oyo State
Re: Bianca Ojukwu's Name Sent To Senate As Ambassador Nominee by gulfer: 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
Nigeria we hail thee, A country of round pegs in square holes. If a tout like Tokyo or any militant makes it into Jona's good book, he will be rewarded with the ambasadorial potfolio of a country somewhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fg Rules Out Building Of Refineries . / Exposed! The Dirty Life Style Of Femi Fani Kayode, His Sexcapade, Drug. / Radio Biafra Now Trending On Twitter. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.