Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,322 members, 7,957,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction (11217 Views)

Cleaners Mopping The Floor Of Enugu Airport / PHOTOS: The Beauty Of Enugu City / New Pictures Of Completed Sections Of Enugu-port Harcourt Express (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by marocguy(m): 12:42pm On Dec 02, 2011
So after i posted the pics of the railway line construction in enugu last week,and some people indicated interest in knowing the level of work at the new runway constructed at the airport for the bigger aircrafts i think,i decided to do my season two of my independent unproffessional photo journalism. Since i take that route to work everyday too.

I decided to use transport cos i didnt wana worry abt parkn or raise unnecesary suspicion frm the local police post after the gate,also since the newly constructed runway is excluded and lying by the side to the airforce flying school.
I had to walk in from the gate. Sneaking through the FAAN office to get acces to the site.

It went afta work,around 5.30 pm, so i jst approached the workers there who looked a bit suprised to see me. I didnt luk lyk a worker thr. I had to calm that by telling them i was luking for emeka. Out of every 10 igbo men,u must have an emeka nah. So they told me emeka was at the other end and wont come till 6pm. So i just tuk my other fone,called my exrummate back in schl then,emeka and was telln him shit on d phone while i tuk d shots joor wit my other fone codedly b4 d other emeka go show cast my a.s.s.
As i was jst leavn the place,here came the governor and 82 div G.O.C entourages leavn d airport wit their ogas. Na so dem 4 catch me giv S.S.S say i be boko haram spy. Wetin i 4 talk?
say i com snap pics 4 NL?

Meanwhile,frm wat i can c,the runway is 98% done. No visible lighting and safety equipment on it yet. Bt thats gud progress by me.

Lukn 4ward to season 3 as i don dey feel lyk one Sahara reporters investigativ reporter. Lol.
See below
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by marocguy(m): 12:53pm On Dec 02, 2011
as i approachd frm gate

Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by marocguy(m): 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2011
frm entrance.

Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by marocguy(m): 1:29pm On Dec 02, 2011
other pics frm closeby.
They prepare the first layer,tarring it first,before the 2nd layer which is up to lyk 9 inch thick of concrete and rod forge.

Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by marocguy(m): 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
more

Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by atasteve: 2:15pm On Dec 02, 2011
marocguy:

So after i posted the pics of the railway line construction in enugu last week,and some people indicated interest in knowing the level of work at the new runway constructed at the airport for the bigger aircrafts i think,i decided to do my season two of my independent unproffessional photo journalism. Since i take that route to work everyday too.

I decided to use transport cos i didnt wana worry abt parkn or raise unnecesary suspicion frm the local police post after the gate,also since the newly constructed runway is excluded and lying by the side to the airforce flying school.
I had to walk in from the gate. Sneaking through the FAAN office to get acces to the site.

It went afta work,around 5.30 pm, so i jst approached the workers there who looked a bit suprised to see me. I didnt luk lyk a worker thr. I had to calm that by telling them i was luking for emeka. Out of every 10 igbo men,u must have an emeka nah. So they told me emeka was at the other end and wont come till 6pm. So i just tuk my other fone,called my exrummate back in schl then,emeka and was telln him poo on d phone while i tuk d shots joor wit my other fone codedly b4 d other emeka go show cast my a.s.s.
As i was jst leavn the place,here came the governor and 82 div G.O.C entourages leavn d airport wit their ogas. Na so dem 4 catch me giv S.S.S say i be boko haram spy. Wetin i 4 talk?

Meanwhile,frm wat i can c,the runway is 98% done. No visible lighting and safety equipment on it yet. Bt thats gud progress by me.

Lukn 4ward to season 3 as i don dey feel lyk one Sahara reporters investigativ reporter. Lol.
See below

"Maroc the detective", oh sorry the Sahara repoter smiley (Just joking)

Thanks for the pix and for the efforts , when I see developmental works like this, i am encouraged that Nigeria can work again only if and when our government is ready to do the right things.
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by omo9ja1(m): 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
I hope they will complete the project make we know see the same picture after 4 years lol smiley
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by initiator(m): 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
Well done
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by alexchuks: 2:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
Yes it is hope and it will surely come to all Nigerians, we only need dogged and dedicated administrators to just make use of less than half of state funds for developmental infrastructures and our country will be on the right path of real development. smiley smiley smiley wink wink grin grin. Well-done Chime S.
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by talktrue1(m): 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2011
[size=20pt]Enugu state budget for 2012 is N76billion and the cost of the railway construction is N200 billion
Who is deceiving who?
[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by executinal(m): 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2011
Good one, more of this cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by Sagamite(m): 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2011
talk true:

Enugu state budget for 2012 is N76billion and the cost of the railway construction is N200 billion
Who is deceiving who?

And your point is?
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2011
Poster well done
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by Chyz2: 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2011
talk true:

Enugu state budget for 2012 is N76billion and the cost of the railway construction is N200 billion
Who is deceiving who?

Um, it is a federal project, not state.
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by marocguy(m): 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2011
more pics. The contractor's logo beneath

Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by marocguy(m): 3:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
more pics. The contractor's logo beneath

Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by okpurukata(f): 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2011
Poster you did well. Real detective job. I am enjoying this forum. Wish the government will put a little effort at monitoring the projects.
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by PROUDIGBO(m): 4:01pm On Dec 02, 2011
Could have staked my mortgage on the runway having been completed already. Surprised it's still on-going shocked. I seem to remember Anenis' wife happy that it would be completed in time for Igbos to use for Christmas 2010 last year.

Oh well, i guess it's better late than never.
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by eros(m): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2011
As i was jst leavn the place,here came the governor and 82 div G.O.C entourages leavn d airport wit their ogas. Na so dem 4 catch me giv S.S.S say i be boko haram spy. Wetin i 4 talk? say i com snap pics 4 NL?

Oh boy!!! No be small explanation you for do ooooo. But thanks anyways for the risk in taking the pictures
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by humblebee: 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2011
talk true:

[size=20pt]Enugu state budget for 2012 is N76billion and the cost of the railway construction is N200 billion
Who is deceiving who?
[/size]

and you think the railway construction is a year project?
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by phreakabit(m): 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2011
talk true:

Who is deceiving who?
[/size]

[size=14pt]FAIL![/size]
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by Torch1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2011
talk true:

Who is deceiving who?
[/size]
Chineke! See ignoramus, Nna Odikwa serious!
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by GooseBaba: 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2011
Marocguy you be real Ninja!!!! Well done
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by GooseBaba: 6:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
Talk true!!!! Nna men, At least you talk the one wey you sabi. At least with the small yab wey them troway come ya side you suppose don learn say federal funding and state funding na two different wazobia.
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by ak47mann(m): 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
correct one cool cool
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by Wislet(f): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2011
Well done. But no take dat kin risk again ooo. All these people praising u now won't be there wen u land in serious trouble.
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by macjive01: 10:48pm On Dec 02, 2011
Nice one dude, but it seems mathematics is not ur strong point at all, and your eye-sight needs retro -fitting; how in earth can u say this project is 98% complete ?

How about work on the proposed exquisite, novel design, exotic international airport building ?

By the way, why phone do u use? The pixel of ur camera appear very poor, the contrast ration seems absimal, the focus -none existence.

Thanks once again for ur effort, That was very un-Nigerian. (which is good)
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by Sinachay: 12:23am On Dec 03, 2011
What a primitive society!
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by speak2me: 7:48am On Dec 03, 2011
nigeria's usual development, hope say dis no go complete sha
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by igboboy1(m): 10:42am On Dec 03, 2011
talk true:

Who is deceiving who?
[/size]

mumu this is runway not railway besides someone has pointed out that this is a federal job not state, even if na state, another person pointed out say na one year e dey take build railway? to budget for something doesn't necessarily mean its the amount for one year (it could be the amount over the life of the project which can be years)
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by samyng(m): 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2011
marocguy:

It went afta work,around 5.30 pm, so i jst approached the workers there who looked a bit suprised to see me. I didnt luk lyk a worker thr. I had to calm that by telling them i was luking for emeka. Out of every 10 igbo men,u must have an emeka nah. So they told me emeka was at the other end and wont come till 6pm. So i just tuk my other fone,called my exrummate back in schl then,emeka and was telln him poo on d phone while i tuk d shots joor wit my other fone codedly b4 d other emeka go show cast my a.s.s.

See below
[size=13pt]
Thank GOD them no catch u oooo,
BUT WELL DOWN ANYWAY
[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Enugu Int. Airport New Runway Construction by buzor(m): 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2011
nice one man; but very risky though

(1) (2) (Reply)

Commonwealth Considers Visa-free Regime For Member Nations / Canada To Lift Travel Ban On 10 African Nations, Boost Border Testing For COVID / Governor Fayemi’s Press Crew Rescues Accident Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.