Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

I Need A Job: The Plight Of Nigerian Graduates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Need A Job: The Plight Of Nigerian Graduates (797 Views)

You Are Insensitive To The Plight Of Nigerians – Shekarau Blasts Buhari / Oby Ezekwesili Slams Aisha Alhassan 4 Her Insensitivity 2 Chibok Girls Plight / Rochas Okorocha’s Son Graduates Frm University Of Manchester With First Class (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Job: The Plight Of Nigerian Graduates by aloyemeka1: 11:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
Re: I Need A Job: The Plight Of Nigerian Graduates by aljharem3: 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
Imagine someone spending years in university and not getting a job, Chai it is unfair PDP what you are doing to us nigerian cry
Re: I Need A Job: The Plight Of Nigerian Graduates by asha80(m): 11:36pm On Dec 02, 2011
alj_harem:

Imagine someone spending years in university and not getting a job, Chai it is unfair PDP what you are doing to us nigerian cry

blame the educational system and not necessarily pdp
Re: I Need A Job: The Plight Of Nigerian Graduates by aljharem3: 11:38pm On Dec 02, 2011
asha 80:

My brother, the educational system in private universities are as good as they get

How can one explain a 2.1 graduate in any field not getting a job is it the same all over the world ? why Nigeria ?

Our universities are not as bad as they seem but things need to be done
Re: I Need A Job: The Plight Of Nigerian Graduates by asha80(m): 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2011
alj_harem:

My brother, the educational system in private universities are as good as they get

How can one explain a 2.1 graduate in any field not getting a job is it the same all over the world ? why Nigeria ?

Our universities are not as bad as they seem but things need to be done

answer = bad economy
Re: I Need A Job: The Plight Of Nigerian Graduates by aloyemeka1: 12:16am On Dec 03, 2011
asha 80:

So Nigeria is in dire need of expatriates to fill various vacancies because our system of education is so flawed that we can't produce enough technocrats?.
Re: I Need A Job: The Plight Of Nigerian Graduates by abouzaid: 8:34am On Dec 03, 2011
The bad economy has a role play but the truth is that thousands if not millions of expatriates are occupying juicy positions because of our poor educational system. How many computer science graduates can write a simple book keeping application or even excell macros, how many of our accountancy graduates can put peach tree or sage to a professional use. An engineering once complained that he made 2.1 with out being able to differenciate between a spanner and a screw driver. Our biochemistry graduates can not produce ordinary body lotion, the litany of woes are endless. Now add to it the fact that most graduates study what is entirely unneeded by the nigerian economy such as music,philosophy,religious studies, pol sc, sociology,soil sc, archeology etc. Off course the graduates would not equally tell u what grade of result they graduated with. The truth is that as high as 50-70% of all graduates from nigerian schools graduate with a third class or worse that's why many banks and companies keep firing staffs with fake credentials. Needless to say many never graduate at all. I would stop here for now
Re: I Need A Job: The Plight Of Nigerian Graduates by aloyemeka1: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2011
[size=14pt]Shonekan urges undergraduates to pay greater attention to works of art[/size]
on DECEMBER 3, 2011 · in NEWS

Lagos – Chief Ernest Shonekan, former Head of Interim Government, on Saturday urged Nigeria Undergraduate Exhibition of Art (NUXART) to pay greater attention to works of art.

Shonekan, who made the call at the 9th NUXART in Lagos, said that art could enable them become entrepreneurs.

The theme of the exhibition is “Youth: Catalyst for National Transformation.“

He said that although he was not an artist but had passion for the works of art and always appreciated them.

“It is this passion for art that gets me enthused. Works of art is an intimate part of our culture and it helps a great deal to preserve the culture they represent.

“It is important for undergraduates to take the works of art seriously because it helps in revealing the sophistication of past civilizations,“ he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/shonekan-urges-undergraduates-to-pay-greater-attention-to-works-of-art/

(1) (Reply)

Oh Ye Christian,are U Going To Sit Like This While Hausa/fulani Muslims Continue To Slaughter Us Lik / The North,many Trees,no Forest.-dr.hakeem Baba Ahmed / SSS Detains 5 With ‘al Qaeda-links’ Over German Kidnap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.