Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,916 members, 7,838,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Drinking Water - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Drinking Water (1130 Views)

22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat / 15 Ways Of Drinking Garri / London To Transform Sewage Water In To Drinking Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drinking Water by salinco(m): 10:50am On Sep 26, 2007
Please read below article, a friend sends to me on drinking water.

This is a very good article. Not only about the warm water after your meal, but about heart attacks. The Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea with their meals, not cold water, maybe it is time we adopt their drinking habit while eating.
For those who like to drink cold water, this article is applicable to you. It is nice to have a cup of cold drink after a meal. However, the cold water will solidify the oily stuff that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion. Once this "sludge" reacts with the acid, it will break down and be absorbed by the intestine faster than the solid food. It will line the intestine Very soon, this will turn into fats and lead to cancer It is best to drink hot soup or warm water after a meal.
A serious note about heart attacks - You should know that not every heart attack symptom is going to be the left arm hurting. Be aware of intense pain in the jaw line.
You may never have the first chest pain during the course of a heart attack. Nausea and intense sweating are also common symptoms. 60% of people who have a heart attack while they are asleep do not wake up. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep. Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know, the better chance we could survive.
A cardiologist says if everyone who reads this message sends it to 10 people, you can be sure that we'll save at least one life. Read this & Send to a friend. It could save a life. So, please be a true friend and send this article to all your friends you care about
Re: Drinking Water by ayeesha: 11:59am On Sep 26, 2007
quite true.

i wasnt an avid water drinker before. i could eat without drinking water and prbably just take a glass for the whole day.

a friend of mine also sent me the same mail and since then, i dnt joke with water. i take 1liter as soon as i wake up in the morning before even brushing my teeth and the resultant effect so far has been refreshing.

it might be a bit difficult taking all that water in the morning but with contant practice, one gets use to it. for me, i can't start my day now without drinking atleast that 1liter bottle of water.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Drinking Water by salinco(m): 3:17pm On Sep 26, 2007
Is not about taking water, but about the risk of taking Cold water and the advantage of warm water. cool
Re: Drinking Water by ayeesha: 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2007
@ salinco

thanks for pointing that out. smiley
Re: Drinking Water by CrazyMan(m): 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2007
Water is good for the body anyway it's good you put that there
Re: Drinking Water by salinco(m): 10:58am On Sep 27, 2007
So don't drink with ice-block  oooooooooooooo cool cool cool
Re: Drinking Water by ayeesha: 3:32pm On Sep 27, 2007
@ salinco

but can we chew? grin
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Drinking Water by salinco(m): 10:59am On Sep 28, 2007
Ayeesha

Don’t chew, please try to swallow it like tablet or eat it like Eba, Amala or Fufu smiley grin cool
Re: Drinking Water by sanrima(f): 11:01am On Oct 03, 2007
thanks salinco, this is a n educating piece, never heard of it b4, but i think i will start drinking warm water during meals.
Re: Drinking Water by IDolajide(m): 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2007
@ salinco

Thanks a lot 4 ur little piece of advice.Am a man that can't eat without cold water.My mum has advised me since I was 11 years,but I just can do wothout it.
I do take a least 1.5 litre of cold water after during and after eating.Am a living witness to a neighbour of mine who developed heart disorder (something of such) due to the quantity of cold water he takes then.He has also been advising me to stop,but I just can do without it.I do sweat profusely to an extent that am alwaze uncomfortable in a normal atospheric condition and now am afraid.
Re: Drinking Water by salinco(m): 9:36am On Oct 08, 2007
but drink enough water everyday anyway grin cool cool cool
Re: Drinking Water by cemeseh(m): 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2007
my men. very educative. more is needed. thankx.
Re: Drinking Water by omena555(f): 9:53am On Oct 16, 2007
@poster, thanks so much for this very informative post.

but pls what exactly do u mean by taking warm water instead? do u mean ordinary unrefrigirated water? or diluted hot water? pls let me know. thanks
Re: Drinking Water by Bosdem(f): 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2007
Thanks for the info
Re: Drinking Water by larriederm(m): 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2007
thanks for this information!
Re: Drinking Water by mekoyo(m): 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2007
Water plays an essential part in the transportation of some materials in the body.
Re: Drinking Water by MasterUwem(m): 2:32pm On Nov 22, 2007
thanks a lot i will start drinking water from today
Re: Drinking Water by MasterUwem(m): 2:33pm On Nov 22, 2007
are we to drink cold or hot water which one is better?

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Put In Zobo To Get That Peperish Thirst / Lagos Whale Video / Pls Be Sincere: Can You Eat It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.