Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? (22059 Views)

Eniola Adenuga And Maggie Ogun In Court Over Child Custody / What Are The Products Nigeria Make? / Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Makes One Wealthy Like Dangote/adenuga? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Iolo(m): 10:26pm On Dec 04, 2011
Farming can make you a billionaire, but you'd need to have a lot things going for you. Political connections and all.

If you thumb down ur dreams a bit, YES, farming will make you live a comfortable life provided you know what you are doing.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by targus: 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2011
Both Crop and livestock farming are profitable, if you are looking for a long time investment with peace of mind, go for crop, i.e Cocoa, Oil Palm etc, Cocoa on a 250 Acres of land, planted with the new hybrid Seedling will give you minimum of 2 Tonnes per Hectares per Annum, multiply by 100 hectares(1 hectares=2.5 acres) = 200 Tonnes, even at the current market cheap rate of N350000, (do your sum) and thats every year for the next 30-40 year.s Oil palm is the same margin as well. Livestock is very profitable as well, with even quicker turn around period but a greater risk. 100 sheep (if lambing occurs twice a year will give you between 300-400 sheep/ram a year, at the average rate of 50k during ileya, (do your sum) Farming is always a money spinner but very capital intensive, and with our banks not ready to loan you money, it makes it harder for your people to venture into farming.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by ndahbros1: 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2011
@OP:Yes of course!u can even be richer than the two of them.
Step 1: use land as vast as Nigeria alone to farm.U fit even add Cameroun join.
Step 2: make sure u ar d only seller n fix wateva price u like.
Step 3: make sure u farm cocaine.
Step 4: in d next 5 years,gbam! U ar there.

Thief like u!u never talk abt using it to become middle-class and live a good life, na to be like Dangote u want be. Na farmer Dangote be? U no go start small grow. Big eye go kill u.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Bolt2011(m): 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2011
shocked If you are talking about a farmer being as rich as Dangote and Adenuga, i think OBJ is in a better position to answer your question. Ambitious Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by mystikal(m): 11:34pm On Dec 04, 2011
Farming can make you wealthy.

Hoping to go into potato farming ; and thinking of the idea of making of packaged potato chips from my potatoes.

1 Like

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 05, 2011
It sure can! Once you are a specialized farmer in 'igbo' wetin white man dey call indian hemp, and you settle the village community, NDLEA, Police (aka Askari), enviromental agencies and the vigilante groups. I bet you in no time you will be 10 times richer than Dangote.

On a more serious note it can. Though might really be capital intensive 'cus you will need to do some heavy mechanized farming on a very large expance (acres) of land and in a very good geographical location, with solid storage and processing as well as packaging facilities.

I one day one to go into big time mechanized farming and livestock rearing.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by otokx(m): 3:02am On Dec 05, 2011
theory
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:42am On Dec 05, 2011
Farming can make u as wealthy as Adenuga and Dangote - cept you have to also join PDP, (ACN in thew cover of darkness) Reformed Ogboni Fraternity, Illuminati, Benin Witches etc grin grin grin grin swallow some live still-born children yuuck!!
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by babsaga: 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2011
kindly note this, farming can solve the inequality in wealth distribution and greatly reduce poverty if not completely abolishing it. and the income realized by each farmer is his own and no body can have access to it unlike crude oil money. they know this and that is why they are not making it work. revenue from farming goes to the individual farmers while crude oil money accrues to government purse and easily available to the looters. which one do you think they will pay interest to, FARMING(that brings equality) or CRUDE OIL(that increase the gap between the poor and the rich).

1 Like

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by monopolist: 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2011
NO
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by monopolist: 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2011
@Babshaga

I AM SENT TO DO THIS

kindly note this, farming can solve the inequality in wealth distribution and greatly reduce poverty if not completely abolishing it. and the income realized by each farmer is his own and no body can have access to it unlike crude oil money. they know this and that is why they are not making it work. revenue from farming goes to the individual farmers while crude oil money accrues to government purse and easily available to the looters. which one do you think they will pay interest to, FARMING(that brings equality) or CRUDE OIL(that increase the gap between the poor and the rich).

kingolusola@gmail.com
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by babaijesha: 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2011
Farming can make you richer as rich as those guys over there,

Everything start with an Idea.Work with your idea with hard work, diligence and prayers running as a private coy.U move from plots, to acres to hectares.Connection will show up on the way through either family, friends and government; even strangers,

2 Likes

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Thethy(m): 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2011
babaijesha:

Farming can make you richer as rich as those guys over there,

Everything start with an Idea.Work with your idea with hard work, diligence and prayers running as a private coy.U move from plots, to acres to hectares.Connection will show up on the way through either family, friends and government; even strangers,

You are talking to me.

Thank you.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Goshen360(m): 11:49pm On Dec 05, 2011
Thethy:

You are talking to me.

Thank you.

I am a living witness of millionaire in farming like my friend the thy. I established the single mega grasscutter farming in Nigeria in year 2000, as a way to restore family wealth. From the profit of my grasscutter farms, i went into cybercafe and from cybercafe, i found opportunity for the united states where i now reside. My family still make millions of naira from grasscutter farming alone and i hope to expand to the largest single mega grasscutter farm in the world. Agriculture made Abraham very rich. Gen 13 vs 2. I was deeply inspired after i studied about Abraham in the Bible. Agriculture is the stone which the builders reject but is now become the corner stone business.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Thethy(m): 12:21am On Dec 06, 2011
Thank you goshen360. Can we collaborate on a research am working on grasscutter farming.You can get back to me @ thethyconsulting@gmail.com
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by mewindz(m): 12:53am On Dec 06, 2011
the answer is a big yes/no it all depends on the individual but the fact remains that ideas rules the world tap into that and you can make billions selling nothing.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Goshen360(m): 1:20am On Dec 06, 2011
Thethy:

Thank you goshen360. Can we collaborate on a research am working on grasscutter farming.You can get back to me @ thethyconsulting@gmail.com

Thank my friend and brother, Thethy. We are already in partnership with different goals and visions. I welcome you with the whole of my heart because no one is an island of knowledge. I cannot feed the nation alone so also, you cannot feed the nation alone. I will send you an email.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Thirst4Lif: 5:10am On Dec 06, 2011
I think it can.It is my goal to become as wealthy as Dangote/Adenuga doing farming businesses.
I am Ismail AbdulAzeez owner of THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS,THE THY AGRO-ALLIED ENTERPRISES & THE THY GLOBAL INVESTMENT LTD.

It's possible being a farmer can make you as rich as Dangote. If you plan on growing

Pot!! OR Remember Pablo Escobar? He was quite the farmer as well!!
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Thethy(m): 7:04am On Dec 06, 2011
goshen360:

Thank my friend and brother, Thethy. We are already in partnership with different goals and visions. I welcome you with the whole of my heart because no one is an island of knowledge. I cannot feed the nation alone so also, you cannot feed the nation alone. I will send you an email.

@ goshen360, Thank you,looking forward to receiving a mail from you.

1 Like

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Anvaller: 10:21am On Dec 06, 2011
@op THIS SEEM A LITTLE LONG BUT I ADVISE U TO READ IT BECAUSE I THINK IT WILL BE USEFUL FOR U
U  need to be realistic with urself.
If u go into agriculture from the scratch with little capital as u have said, in NIGERIA? U would even be struggling to pay your bills talk less of living above average, talk less of becoming a millionnaire and talk less of being a Dangote and Adenuga,  Who told u those 2 guys are farmers in the 1st place?

Someone was advising u to go into crop production and u will be a billionaire,  hahahaha I laugh in Nigezie!!! Look I am talking out of experience, These are the things I have done for 6 good Years form 2003-2008 before pulling out and decided to just go study abroad. Having realized that in Agriculture chains, primary production is the most difficult and least profitable [/b]so I went abroad, studied agribusiness and started building my carrier in it. U will be making common mistakes if u call Dangote a farmer, naahhh! [b]Dangote is an Agri-businessman not a farmer.

I dont mean to discourage u but let me tell u this: If u go into crop production, the only way to make profit is to go commercial scale, 
How do u intend to do that? Mechanized farming, 
How do u go mechanized? would u hire or buy tractors? Okay lets say hire,  where? government tractors or private tractor hires? where are they? are they sufficient? are they reliable? would they keep to appointments?

Okay to be positive, let's say u found one,  which couple implements does these tractors have? Believe me, they dont usually have beyond plough and harrow, some "sophisticated" ones would have a ridger IN ADDITION. They will never even have marker or tiller which in most cases are even more important than a plough depending on what u are planning to plant and the soil structure, all these matter alot, u don't just tear the soil apart with a plough all the time, it damages soil structure and reduces yield, any experienced farmer would tell u  that its true.

More questions, i[b]f u prepared a 10 ha land mechanically, how do u plant?[/b] mechanically? no its not feasible because there are no planters for common farmers like u in Nigeria. Government never buys them and individual tractor hirings dont have them so the only option is to plant manually and there is what will skyrocket your cost of production because u have to pay several labourers per many days of work and trust me, many of them are lazy, inefficient and inaccurate compared to what machines would have done. If u actually studied agricultural science, I advise u to lean more on livestock side, u can still make some profits in that area,  say poultry, the only thing u need to learn (among other things) is how to prevent diseases and how to compose quality feed at most reasonable costs, this is an area where u can start with little capital and even less stress compared with crop production.

1 Like

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by macpreneur: 2:54pm On Dec 07, 2011
It can , however, it is long term. For the immediate short term, you need mutiple streams of income for start.
Check out some exceptional businesses for this yuletide season
http://naijapreneurs./2011/12/06/yuletide-green-businesses/
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Dsage1: 12:51am On Dec 13, 2011
@anvalla,ur analysis is somehow discouraging,see,ders no sector of economy in nigeria dat dnt ve der shortcoming.Many salary earners&some business men/women too,especially in Lagos struggle to pay der bills.D point is dat we dnt ve a role model in our agricultural sector i.e som1 who wi serve as a motivator for we youth.I ve seen,an illiterate man who build two solid houses&raise five children up to university level from d money he realise from farming,despite not commercial.Athough,farming might ve bcom daft business due to huge salary paid by or realise from oda sector but shouldnt be neglected cos base on d present economics situation in Nigeria now,its d key sector dat wi generate employmnt opportunity for our jobless youths.

1 Like

Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by stellamartin: 12:33am On Feb 13, 2012
I also what to start a farming business in Nigeria but not sure where the farm will be located at. How much money will it cost. anyone with more information please let me know.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by Dsage1: 5:33pm On Feb 24, 2012
@stellamartins,ur request reveal to me dat u hav 0% knowledge abt farming,der4,u need to do more research/gain more knowledge b4 embackng on it.For instance,u must know an area dat's suitable for ur farm,what to plant or animals to rearng,markets,life circle of d plants/animals u wish to start wit,etc all by ursef b4 u seek for assistance from sombody else.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by bigx(m): 5:23pm On Feb 25, 2012
You are what you think/ believe
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by sp2002(m): 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2012
my number one business is poultry farming. i don't know may be becos i am use to it. i cherish poultry farming because it is the most profitable agricultural business. though i do establish poultry farms for freshers an d put them through all the necessary step that takes to be a successful poultry farmer.
FOR MORE INFO, CONTACT
THE FARM MANAGER,
RUKRIL FARMS AND FEEDMILL,
IBEJU-LEKKI, LAGOS.
Re: Can Farm Business Alone In Nigeria Make One As Wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga? by tkb417(m): 12:53pm On Feb 27, 2012
@Avaller

i really cannot understand what u were saying up there

i know of 80 hectares of rice in Kano (from land preparation to harvesting/selling) and oh yeah nobody deployed all those 'sophisticated' machinery you listed up there and yes, all grains were sold at good proft

@OP
u can be a billionaire selling or providing just anything

we have heard of a furniture maker abroad who became the richest man, we have heard of people from diverse backgrounds

like Avaller said, agri- biz in a country like ours might be what u need to do if 'chasing' dangote and adenuga is your motive of going into biz grin grin

Ill say, seek to do what you like to do first, if Nigerians rush after what you provide, then u might be on ur way to riches. Not necessarily richer than the notable ones tho. Or who says u have to be richer than dangote?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dollarisation: Banks Peg Domiciliary Account Balance At $10,000 / Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma / Konfam Becomes Nigeria's Latest Fintech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.