Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy (12622 Views)

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / Fashola Signs Executive Order On Sex Offenders / Rivers ACN Calls For The Removal Of Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by OmoTier1(m): 11:41am On Dec 05, 2011
The argument that we need to remove subsidy to develope much of the needed infrastructure is a fallacy at best! We ahve the money to develop these infrastructure, we just have a deluded President that is bereft of ideas and political will to do the right thing!

GEJ should take a cue from Lagos, Edo, Akaw-Ibom, and Rivers! These are states, yes! But their financing models for project implementation can be emulated by the FG for massive infrastructral development nationwide and societal wellbeing.

With GEJ in office, remaining highly compromised the way He is ,even if you give him N10trillion, remove ALL the subsidies there is in Nigeria, the country will still remain the way it is!
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by blacksta(m): 11:43am On Dec 05, 2011
@Omo_Visa1

Valid point -  Upon all the subsiby removed from Kerosine - What is the price of kerosine today?

whatever happened to kerosine price - same fate awaits petrol .
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 11:54am On Dec 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Sometimes you come across like someone who never saw the four walls of an institution of learning! The reality is, the practice and process of getting oil into Nigeria at international market price is what needs to be abolished and we have not seen any committed plan from the FG at getting this practice to come to an end.

If you think by removing subsidy, the above mentioned corruption loopholes will be blocked, then you must be deluded for real! Look at what is happening with other petroluem products the FG has technically removed subsidies from, has the prices go down? Has there being continuous availability of those products? The obvious answer is NO!

With the present state of the Nigeria Economy, one would expect that "Efficiently managed" subsidies will be the way to go until such a time that self substainability is achieved, then you can think about removing subsidies.

GEJ should get down to the business of building more refinaries, getting the products 90% refined in Nigeria, thereafter think about subsidy removal! 

Can you tell us the difference between the bolded and the subsidy? You are very confused indeed.
You don't even have a basic grasp of the subject matter, yet you are attempting to sell cheap sentiments. Earlier, you were angry that GEJ is gonna stop what you call demurrage in Singapore on our own oil. Who are you fooling with your duplicitous stand?

This is like a damn comedy! grin
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by blacksta(m): 12:02pm On Dec 05, 2011
Honestly ,

Even if we cant refine all the crude oil locally , what is stopping Nigeria from using its Oil producing leverage in arranging that refined products being brought back at a resonable cost. I would like to know.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Sometimes you come across like someone who never saw the four walls of an institution of learning! The reality is, the practice and process of getting oil into Nigeria at international market price is what needs to be abolished and we have not seen any committed plan from the FG at getting this practice to come to an end.

If you think by removing subsidy, the above mentioned corruption loopholes will be blocked, then you must be deluded for real! Look at what is happening with other petroluem products the FG has technically removed subsidies from, has the prices go down? Has there being continuous availability of those products? The obvious answer is NO!

With the present state of the Nigeria Economy, one would expect that "Efficiently managed" subsidies will be the way to go until such a time that self substainability is achieved, then you can think about removing subsidies.

GEJ should get down to the business of building more refinaries, getting the products 90% refined in Nigeria, thereafter think about subsidy removal!  
Bros, believe me, we are in this mess not because this people are in search of solution and could not find. We are in the mess because they are liars without any iota of sincerity.

And you can never confront an insincere person with reason. They know most of what is to be done. Even BEAF here may know. The problem is that they have been groomed to believe that politics is all about manipulation and lying.

And even when leaders tries to make some progress in some area without being sincere to himself and the people, they end up destroying their own progress. That's what happened to IBB, ABACHA, OBJ. there are some areas they tried to work; but their insincerity and lies destroyed every thing. This same method has been adopted by GEJ

He knows the beneficiaries of all the corruption in the land. He has the tool to stand up to them. But he lacks the gut to do the right thing.

Primarily because it is in his nature (I tried to figure out his Psychological make up). Also because from his past he has been deeply compromised.

He will have no option than to continue to deceive both himself and the nation.

All Nigeria policians (Not just GEJ) are finished; they have all adopted the wrong philosiophy and it is the duty before our youths to force a different and right kind of philosophy on them. This we can do by force.

Not force of arm but force of will. We will achieve it by enlightening our selves and adopting a philosophy of civil disobidence. That is the way out.

When I shout Revolution; I seek not to waste a single soul. I seek not to destroy a single property. I seek to make Nigeria ungovernable by civil disobidence.

I have read and cherished a book titled "FROM Dictatorship to Democracy" by Gene Sharp
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2011
what is confusing me must subsidy be remove 100 percent? if there's anything good in it let have a litmus test, the federal government should remove 25% and put it in the order they are claiming to do. If it goes well with Nigerians i'm optimistic Nigerians will call the government to remove it completely. At this point in time people have no trust with leaders.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

what is confusing me must subsidy be remove 100 percent? if there's anything good in it let have a litmus test, the federal government should remove 25% and put it in the order they are claiming to do. If it goes well with Nigerians i'm optimistic Nigerians will call the government to remove it completely. At this point in time people have no trust with leaders.

What have you say to say about the four times removal during the Obasanjo regime? Did we get any benefits? Or do you prefer we remain in a perpetual deception year in year out?

Why must we allow them to remove it at our own detriment? Have we not have enough from these people? When can the people say, it is enough?
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by otokx(m): 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2011
This is good news.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 12:31pm On Dec 05, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

IMHO, GEJ wants to get rid of the entire system that allows people to legally steal the country blind. You cannot get rid of a system of theft partially if you mean to help the people. You chop it off totally instead.

GEJ has been completely silent about the whole thing, so we cannot make any definite claims that fuel costs will skyrocket. They might or might not, we simply don't have enough to reach definite conclusions. All that can be concluded at this point, is that a few hundred "owners" of Nigeria are sucking the blood of the nation, and it is 100% legal. GEJ wants to make it illegal.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 12:39pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

IMHO, GEJ wants to get rid of the entire system that allows people to legally steal the country blind. You cannot get rid of a system of theft partially if you mean to help the people. You chop it off totally instead.

GEJ has been completely silent about the whole thing, so we cannot make any definite claims that fuel costs will skyrocket. They might or might not, we simply don't have enough to reach definite conclusions. All that can be concluded at this point, is that a few hundred "owners" of Nigeria are sucking the blood of the nation, and it is 100% legal. GEJ wants to make it illegal.

LIAR.

What about past "so called removal of subsidy"? Did they achieve anything? Can a thief stop a fellow and friendly thief?

LIAR.

I am sure you are paid for the evil work you doing to confuse people.

Tell us your price! Ole, kparawo, onyeochi
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:09pm On Dec 05, 2011
REMOVE THE DAMNED SUBSIDY!! Ife ga eme echi, nya me taa!!! Jonathan should remove it, no shaking. We dey behind you kampe angry.

It's now some people know they have legs to match for their so called rights. When a certain group of people where messing up the country (that Jonathan is trying to fix) since the early 70's, nobody thought of matching for their so called rights or making the country ungovernable; When these people were making laws, promulgating decrees and skewing most policy initiatives in their favour (the injustice of which still stands today in many areas), the country didn't screech to a halt; When Abiolas' mandate was stolen and he was murdered, the country continued as if nothing happened; When Ken Saro Wiwa was murdered, fuc*k-all happened. It's now their 'gravy-train' is about to be derailed that they want to threaten mass protest under the guise of protecting the poor masses. Rubbish!!!

At the very worst, if we don't want to allow this man to work, then its' a case of 'TO YOUR TENTS OH ISREAL!!!'. Make everybody go im Papa house, make the country scatter.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 1:22pm On Dec 05, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

REMOVE THE DAMNED SUBSIDY!! Ife ga eme echi, nya me taa!!! Jonathan should remove it, no shaking. We dey behind you kampe angry.

It's now some people know they have legs to match for their so called rights. When a certain group of people where messing up the country (that Jonathan is trying to fix) since the early 70's, nobody thought of matching for their so called rights or making the country ungovernable; When these people were making laws, promulgating decrees and skewing most policy initiatives in their favour (the injustice of which still stands today in many areas), the country didn't screech to a halt; When Abiolas' mandate was stolen and he was murdered, the country continued as if nothing happened; When Ken Saro Wiwa was murdered, fuc*k-all happened. It's now their 'gravy-train' is about to be derailed that they want to threaten mass protest under the guise of protecting the poor masses. Rubbish!!!

At the very worst, if we don't want to allow this man to work, then its' a case of 'TO YOUR TENTS OH ISREAL!!!'. Make everybody go im Papa house, make the country scatter.

Bros think before you show muscles. The man you supposed to be supporting have neither your interest as Igbo or that of Nigerians at heart. He is just like those before him: OBJ, IBB, and the rest.

I am Igbo and knows Jonathan have non of our interest at heart.

Let forget Tribes and face Nigeria issues. You just sounded so crude that I am ashamed my own brother will sound like this. How many time will they deceive us?

These are also your Igbo brothers fighting for the good of all us. Let understand the issues so that we can know who our true friends and enemies are. Let not repeat the mistakes of yester-years.

http://www./9jactivists/?notif_t=group_activity
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2011
Godman_n:

LIAR.

What about past "so called removal of subsidy"? Did they achieve anything? Can a thief stop a fellow and friendly thief?

LIAR.

I am sure you are paid for the evil work you doing to confuse people.

Tell us your price! Ole, kparawo, onyeochi

It has been irrevocably proven that you have no clue of what the subsidy is. Please educate yourself before asking questions, so that you understand what you are asking, cos you are very confused.
Stop trading cheap sentiments, it is a big fail. Trade hard logic instead, any old oaf can scream "liar" without making the least bit of sense.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2011
Godman_n:

Bros think before you show muscles. The man you supposed to be supporting have neither your interest as Igbo or that of Nigerians at heart. He is just like those before him: OBJ, IBB, and the rest.

I am Igbo and knows Jonathan have non of our interest at heart.

Let forget Tribes and face Nigeria issues. You just sounded so crude that I am ashamed my own brother will sound like this. How many time will they deceive us?

These are also your Igbo brothers fighting for the good of all us. Let understand the issues so that we can know who our true friends and enemies are. Let not repeat the mistakes of yester-years.

http://www./9jactivists/?notif_t=group_activity

My brother, you are a waste to your people. embarassed
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by jascon1(m): 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2011
no b 9ja we dey lets c. actually, removal of subsidy is advatageous to tax-payers. but, thats only wen our refineries are working. for now, if this is removed, we will rest our hope on NLC to control hiking.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Dennisana(m): 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2011
Dont we deserve to hv subsidy as nigerians?corrupt pple are benefiting from d subsidy-i agree.y dnt they arrest πδ try dis criminals πδ then restructure att more accountable procedure 4 us 2 really feel d impact.as nigerians, we deserve fuel subsidy!
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Phrankve1(m): 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2011
Let him try this eey go know say boyce and men no dey smile again.
So to fuel my car i go begin pay 12-14k,thunder go fire them one by one.

Anyways,no much noise make we dey wait em, dem tink say naija youths go keep quiet,na common boko haram eey dey shake like mumu, more go come and na abj eey go start from, by the time wey every youth go get eey ak47,dem go begin reason well.

just nter one politician houz begin scatter him nd eey family one by one, we dey wait.

dey no dey tell mad man say rain dey fall
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by otokx(m): 1:48pm On Dec 05, 2011
This man should remove subsidy and let the price per litre be 200 then Nigeria will suddenly find its voice and hopefully direction.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 1:56pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

I work so that people like you can come out of poverty and brace good conscious
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Beaf: 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2011
^
Thanks bro, what would we do without people like you? So touching!

Dennis ana:

Dont we deserve to hv subsidy as nigerians?corrupt pple are benefiting from d subsidy-i agree.y dnt they arrest πδ try dis criminals πδ then restructure att more accountable procedure 4 us 2 really feel d impact.as nigerians, we deserve fuel subsidy!

They are not criminals, because it is legal.
Since IBB and Abacha's times, the subsidy has been a legal means to steal money. Both men built private refineries in foreign countries with Nigeria's money and deliberately phucked up our refineries so that they and their cronies could benefit from importing fuel. Abacha built a refinery in Sierra Leone, while IBB built refineries in Benin Republic and Ivory Coast.

GEJ wants to cut out that crap from the Nigerian system and make such theft illegal, just as it should be.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by gasplant: 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2011
This beaf guy or whatever he calls himself is really annoying me with his useless posts, let me get on the computer to reply him properly
Beaf:

Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by AZeD1(m): 2:09pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

1) How about GEJ starts with reducing the cost of governance? Isnt that the logical step for anybody that means well for this country??
2) By the way is removal of fuel subsidy not the same lie that OBJ told when he increased fuel prices??
3) If GEJ truly wants to use the money for infrastural development, cant he use money from the excess crude account if the account and money still exists??
4) Diesel and kerosine are not subsidized and we know how much they cost in the market!!!

You say GEJ wants to rid the country of people that steal legally and i say if you have a headache do you cut off your head? Nigeria is not the only country to implement subsidy. If others can do it right then in one of his trips abroad, he should ask those who implement subsidy to teach him.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by OmoTier1(m): 2:14pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

Can you tell us the difference between the bolded and the subsidy? You are very confused indeed.
You don't even have a basic grasp of the subject matter, yet you are attempting to sell cheap sentiments. Earlier, you were angry that GEJ is gonna stop what you call demurrage in Singapore on our own oil. Who are you fooling with your duplicitous stand?

This is like a damn comedy! grin
I know you'r intellectually lazy so I will explain what that sentence implies: WE SHOULD NOT BE IMPORTING FUEL INTO NIGERIA WHEN WE HAVE THE RAW MATERIAL HERE TO REFINE THE SAME PRODUCTS WE ARE IMPORTING!

That process and practice of shipping our crude out at below international price and then importing PMS at international market price is as fraudulent as GEJ's election victory

Let me make it clear again to you. My statement on demurrage paid 30days before departure of the oil ladden ship is simply to underscore that the process is crooked and needs investigating and those who have been benefitting from this should be punished severely as that amounts to economic sabourtage of the nation state!

Do you not think it is proper that those who have fleeced the state be ivestigated and punished if found wanting? I know GEJ has no balls to engage in such but that does not mean we all should act like the coward He is , ight?
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by OmoTier1(m): 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2011
A-ZeD:

1) How about GEJ starts with reducing the cost of governance? Isnt that the logical step for anybody that means well for this country??
2) By the way is removal of fuel subsidy not the same lie that OBJ told when he increased fuel prices??
3) If GEJ truly wants to use the money for infrastural development, cant he use money from the excess crude account if the account and money still exists??
4) Diesel and kerosine are not subsidized and we know how much they cost in the market!!!

You say GEJ wants to rid the country of people that steal legally and i say if you have a headache do you cut off your head? Nigeria is not the only country to implement subsidy. If others can do it right then in one of his trips abroad, he should ask those who implement subsidy to teach him.
You are well schooled and your head is really at home and blessed! Leave beaf with His myopic and blind follow-follow nonsensical argument.

The truth is, any man that complains that the wife He gives His wife to buy food for the house is getting too high, He must first ask himself, how much children He has given birth to and how much food they do consume!
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by 9icelag: 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

It has been irrevocably proven that you have no clue of what the subsidy is. Please educate yourself before asking questions, so that you understand what you are asking, cos you are very confused.
Stop trading cheap sentiments, it is a big fail. Trade hard logic instead, any old oaf can scream "liar" without making the least bit of sense.
Bros we would probably not be talking about subsidy if all our refineries are working. The FG  is not even making any effort to fix the refineries and u are here bamboozing your way guy it wont work. FIX THE DAMN REFINERIES AND BUILD MORE IF NEED BE
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by chux76(m): 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf, whatever this means,you keep asking people to explain what SUBSIDY is but you will not even attempt to answer it.
Please EXPLAIN WHAT FUEL SUBSIDY IS and how its removal will benefit the already dying and helpless populace of this great but slowly disintegrating country NIGERIA.
Digression from the question not allowed.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by 9icelag: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2011
chux76:

Beaf, whatever this means,you keep asking people to explain what SUBSIDY is but you will not even attempt to answer it.
Please EXPLAIN WHAT FUEL SUBSIDY IS and how its removal will benefit the already dying and helpless populace of this great but slowly disintegrating country NIGERIA.
Digression from the question not allowed.
SPOT ON. Beaf pls if our refineries are working will there be need for SUBSIDY ? HELL NO
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by maclatunji: 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2011
You see Nigerian leaders are not happy when they tune-in to CNN and don't find their country in the headlines.  What better way to get attention from the international media than to remove oil subsidy and get the whole country on its feet in total conflict over the issue- it is quite a brilliant move.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by bigdoo: 2:34pm On Dec 05, 2011
I think that GEJ wasted a lot of the nation's money during his last political campaign that led to his election as president.  I remember that Pat Utomi once said that GEJ was spending N100,000,000.00 (one hundred million Nara) each day for his campaign because he wanted to win the election at all cost.  The greatest problem that this country has is that we know those who have highjacked our nation's wealth but nobody cares to bring them to cough out all they have stolen and then put them in prison.  Another thing that I have noticed is that our leaders have always devised ways to impoverish the masses so the people become very vulnerable and unable to challenge the big shots.  That's why it is practically impossible for anybody who has not stolen the nation's money either in government or by government connections to think about making any headway in politics or aspire to become a political figure in Nigeria.  It's a shame that more than 51 years after independence, Nigerians are only praying to have good roads and electricity.

Most intellectuals rot away and die with very good ideas about how to change the system for the benefit of everybody because they don't have money to back them up.  In Nigeria, once people have become a governor, president, minister, special adviser e.t.c. then they are qualified to vie for any position in politics because such people have stolen enough to take them to greater heights in politics.  That's why we see recycling of the same persons or members of the same families continuing to rule and dictate to the less privileged masses.

What is GEJ doing about cutting the fat wages and allowances of himself and other politicians?  Sanusi had once said that it costs the nation one third of its yearly budget to pay and maintain our politicians.  Nobody has ever done anything about that.  I think that the nation is heading for big time trouble and hardship unless some really drastic happens.  It's only in Nigeria, a top oil producing country that workers earn a meagre N20000 a month i.e. about $125 dollars.  This is less than what an average worker gets for a day's wage in most countries.  I really weep for Nigeria as I see worse days ahead.  GEJ should never try to remove fuel subsidy, which is the only thing that has kept the common man going.  He should find money from all the people who have looted our treasury including himself or else he should just resign for lack of competence to rule.  I regret for ever supporting his election as president.  I thought he has something to offer but he appears to be just the same as others we have seen in the past.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2011
Beaf:

^
Thanks bro, what would we do without people like you? So touching!

They are not criminals, because it is legal.
Since IBB and Abacha's times, the subsidy has been a legal means to steal money. Both men built private refineries in foreign countries with Nigeria's money and deliberately phucked up our refineries so that they and their cronies could benefit from importing fuel. Abacha built a refinery in Sierra Leone, while IBB built refineries in Benin Republic and Ivory Coast.

GEJ wants to cut out that crap from the Nigerian system and make such theft illegal, just as it should be.
what is stoppin the  mr presido from buildin his own in nigeria or better still repair the once we have. Fuel subsidy is not the only way to get rich in nigeria. Almost al oil producin countries subsidies fuel some even subsidies farm produce so that their ppl can have a better standard of livin. He can review the whole subsidy issue and come out wit a new policy/plannin  on subsidy. But removin it altogether is like throwin away the baby and the bath water.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Gbawe: 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2011
A-ZeD:

Indeed. Let us note that the price per barrel of crude the annual budget is benchmarked on has been , more or less, substantially lower than what Nigeria has actually recieved for its oil druing GEJ's almost two years in charge. This indicates that a substantial amount of money should be saved away somewhere. I say "should" and "somewhere" because the profligacy and lack of transparency of the GEJ Government means no one can say what is going on with certainty . All we know is that we are getting far more for our crude than benchmarked. Now, why can GEJ, if he is a shrewd reformer and good manager of resources, not move away from the dubious "sharing" of the excess earnings between the three tier of Government "without appropriation" (as complained the Reps) so that more money can be made available for urgent capital spending?

What is simply going on is that GEJ has become President "dead on arrival" as many of us predicted. He knows the 'deals' he made with the AGIPs that means he can never touch their interest as a way to fund the spending Nigeria needs. Rather increase in fuel cost is the only idea this compromised and impotent President can come up with as his personal desperation grows. I remember warning Nairalanders that the "leaner Government not possible" announcement, plus placing NNPC in charge of our Refineries and the projection of a pathetic 1% yearly cut in reccurent expenditure all meant that GEJ has decided to 'batter' ordinary Nigerians. Let us see how things play out. GEJ says not removing subsidy will cripple Nigeria. I say increasing pump price will cripple Nigeria. Let them "remove" subsidy and we will all see what will happen.
Re: GEJ To Use Executive Order For The Removal Of Fuel Subsidy by Godmann(m): 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2011
Gbawe:

Indeed. Let us note that the price per barrel of crude the annual budget is benchmarked on has been , more or less, substantially lower than what Nigeria has actually recieved for its oil druing GEJ's almost two years in charge. This indicates that a substantial amount of money should be saved away somewhere. I say "should" and "somewhere" because the profligacy and lack of transparency of the GEJ Government means no one can say what is going on with certainty . All we know is that we are getting far more for our crude than benchmarked. Now, why can GEJ, if he is a shrewd reformer and good manager of resources, not move away from the dubious "sharing" of the excess earnings between the three tier of Government "without appropriation" (as complained the Reps) so that more money can be made available for urgent capital spending?

What is simply going on is that GEJ has become President "dead on arrival" as many of us predicted. He knows the 'deals' he made with the AGIPs that means he can never touch their interest as a way to fund the spending Nigeria needs. Rather increase in fuel cost is the only idea this compromised and impotent President can come up with as his personal desperation grows. I remember warning Nairalanders that the "leaner Government not possible" announcement, plus placing NNPC in charge of our Refineries and the projection of a pathetic 1% yearly cut in reccurent expenditure all meant that GEJ has decided to 'batter' ordinary Nigerians. Let us see how things play out. GEJ says not removing subsidy will cripple Nigeria. I say increasing pump price will cripple Nigeria. Let them "remove" subsidy and we will all see what will happen.

By the time they remove the subsidy and cripple our economy, they will manufacture another lie. Have we not been in circle of lies. IBB gave us SAP and destryed our economy. Abacha increased fuel price and tried fixing our road until OBJ came to deceive is again. OBJ promised to fix our refineries when he increased fuel price more than 4 times. He gave us nothing in return expect to steal money to turn himself and his cronies to billionaires.

GEJ is just taking a cue from his masters. he has no aim for me and you.

You are right.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Name 5 People That Should Not Be In Govt / Southwest Myopia: A Case Of The Frog In Water. / Unpaid Salaries: FG Yet To Receive Fresh Bailout Request From States-the Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.