Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Is Golf For Big Boys Only? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Golf For Big Boys Only? (1350 Views)

Sunday Oliseh Strikes Pose With His Boys After Today's Training Session In Abuja / Big Boys Lose Afcon Qualifiers / It Is Time For Chelsea's Big Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Golf For Big Boys Only? by raldsfield(m): 10:32pm On Mar 10, 2006
I have never been to a Golf course before, but it is a game i enjoy seeing in movies, and on TV.

I will like to play golf someday, i think it is classy and for the big boys. The book am reading now How to Get Rich by Donald Trump

who has some Golf Course in America, said it cost $300,000 to register in one of his Golf course. Do you think an

Ordinary boy like me will ever play Golf. And any idea how much it will cost to register in Nigeria to play golf. Don't mind flying all the way.

1 Like

Re: Is Golf For Big Boys Only? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2006
come on boy, dont say that you aint an ordinary boy you are unique in your own way wink you will play golf i mean i dont think it's that expensive wink wink winkluck luck wink wink

1 Like

Re: Is Golf For Big Boys Only? by Eastcoast(f): 11:20pm On Mar 10, 2006
golf, golf, golf.
well there are different golf clubs available. you know what, the cost depends on the environment the golf course is located. Well there is one more thing i have to say. Do u know that golf is a white man sport? How do you intend to get in a club n mix. i'm sorry but i just have to say it coz that is reality. I know what you are about to say next: isn't tiger woods a black man? yes he is but i'm talking about the general public. U could try getting a club but be prepared for certain race issues. wink Less i forget, women also play golf. we even had a girls golf team in my high skool. There are also tournaments on tv that women compete in.

1 Like

Re: Is Golf For Big Boys Only? by raldsfield(m): 11:33pm On Mar 10, 2006
Eastcoast well that lives me going to Nigeria to play with IBB, or traveling to Ibadan,

Did you play Golf?
Re: Is Golf For Big Boys Only? by Eastcoast(f): 12:59am On Mar 11, 2006
i didn't. but i guess i'm informed. if u know what i mean wink
Re: Is Golf For Big Boys Only? by McOmo(m): 1:46am On May 03, 2008
yes . . .Golf is for the big boys only !!! grin
Re: Is Golf For Big Boys Only? by Jensenson: 8:30am On Dec 22, 2009
44 inches would be perfect because your about to start growing and thats a good size for you now and will be when your 5',4''

Re: Is Golf For Big Boys Only? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 06, 2011
I have some golf kits for sale .brand new cart bags and balls. contact me on 08023058470
Re: Is Golf For Big Boys Only? by JeSoul(f): 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2011
Re: Is Golf For Big Boys Only?

Lol. My brother it is not. The Donald Trump golf course is one of the most, if not the most expensive to play at - simply because it belongs to Trump - but moreso because of the calibre of clientele they entertain - they cannot let JayZ play on the same course as Jesoul lol. Its celebrity so by default its exclusive and expensive.

Now . . . is golf affordable for the everyday man to play? I say yes. First of all you'll need to locate a good-decent golf course - Actually you'll need to start with a golf-range (long space for simply hitting balls), where you can just work on your swing/range before you go to an actual golf course.

The most costly is getting golf clubs. If you go for a decent brand you can get a good set for about $200. It's the pros and celebs that get $5000 golf sets - you don't need that to become a good golfer. Start from step one and work your way up - you never know. And don't refer to yourself as "ordinary boy" . . . everybody starts from somewhere now smiley.

Goodluck!

(1) (Reply)

Emenike Performs Ritual To Lift Curse / Was Bernard Bulbwa's Goal A Fluke? / Who Can Catch Chelsea In 2015/2016 Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.