Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy (7151 Views)

Mozambique Scraps Ban On Same-sex Marriage! / Clash Over White House Handling Of Us Foreign Policy. . . / Israel Exchanges 2 Dead For 5 Alive: The Folly Of Foreign Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by elliottibanga(m): 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2011
Gross ignorance is on display! Enjoy the show! wink
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2011
this world is upside down now
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by snthesis(m): 1:10pm On Dec 07, 2011
Our Govt should not Back Down angry angry angry angry
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Shibrino(f): 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
THE QURAN:
The Al-Fatiha Foundation, a man-lover muslim organization, wrote in 1999, as published on its website:
"There are approximately seven verses in the Qur'an (the holy text of the Muslims) that supposedly refer to homosexuality and same-sex acts. The majority of these verses refer to the nation of Lot, the biblical nation of Sodom and Gomorrah. The following are examples of a few verses:

•'We also sent Lut (Lot): he said to his people: 'Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation ever committed before you? For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.'' Surah VII (Araf), Verses 80-81

•'Of all creatures in the world, will ye approach males. And leave those whom Allah (God) has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are people transgressing all limits?' Surah XXVI (Shu'araa), Verses 165-166

•'If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, leave them alone: for Allah (God) is Oft-Returning, Most merciful.' Surah IV (Nisaa), Verse 16

There are approximately four hadith (sayings attributed to the Prophet Muhammad) in reference to homosexuality, same-sex acts, and cross-dressing. A few include the following:

•'When a man mounts another man, the throne of God shakes' - Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
•'Kill the one that is doing it and also kill the one that it is being done to' (in reference to intercourse) - Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

•'Cursed are those men who wear women's clothing and those women who wear men's clothing.' - Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)."

THE BIBLE:
What Jesus taught
"And He answered and said to them, 'Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning 'made them male and female,'"
—Matthew 19:4 (NKJV)

hollandis:

It is beyond Homo,we are talking about freedom of expression
@ Hollandis:  May be u should ask God to free your expression. Anumpam
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2011
So he's going to force this policy on every country in the world ? This guy na mumu sha.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by lacidi: 1:30pm On Dec 07, 2011
I hope he is going to get Saudi Arabia to obey these rules.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by earlalright(m): 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2011
It is hypocrisy for the US to legalize homosexuality and condemn bigamy and polygamy. If the latter two are immoral, the first - lady loving lady or guy doing guy is also immoral. i could never support homosexuality of any form
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by onetrack(m): 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2011
Hypocrisy is also quoting religion to condemn one sexual sin (homosexuality), while ignoring other sexual sins (adultery and prostitution). As far as I am concerned, those using religion as a justification to make homosexuality illegal, while NEVER EVER suggesting criminalizing adultery, are just as big a hypocrite as those who favor homosexuality while not permitting bigamy.

And yes, I also wouldn't mind seeing polygamy made legal in western countries, but fairness would require that women be allowed more than one husband in addition to the usual one man with multiple wives.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by lacidi: 2:06pm On Dec 07, 2011
onetrack:

Hypocrisy is also quoting religion to condemn one intimate sin (homosexuality), while ignoring other intimate sins (adultery and prostitution). As far as I am concerned, those using religion as a justification to make homosexuality illegal, while NEVER EVER suggesting criminalizing adultery, are just as big a hypocrite as those who favor homosexuality while not permitting bigamy.

And yes, I also wouldn't mind seeing polygamy made legal in western countries, but fairness would require that women be allowed more than one husband in addition to the usual one man with multiple wives.

First, the Quran does not forbid polygamy. Secondly, the jury is still out whether the Bible forbids polygamy, but I don’t wanna go into that now because that’s not what this thread is about.

The Law passed by the senate makes same sex marriage illegal i.e. it says you cannot marry a person of same sex with you. The same way the western countries went to court to legalize same sex marriage, Nigeria has decided to illegalize it. No one has said you cannot sleep with a fellow man inside your bedroom. What we are saying is that you cannot come to the registry or the church to wed.

You should also note that historically, there are some tribes where a woman can marry more than one husband. The fact that this practice is not widespread, ostensibly due to its lack of attraction, does not mean that there was an injunction against it.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by bigrovar(m): 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2011
Many of you here are nothing but Hippocrates. A sin is a sin is a sin, its only in the eyes of man that we grade sin based on our moral standing. Thankfully God does not see things the way we do. Many here calling Obama a traitor for supporting Gay right have (of have had) sex out side of marriage, and even those who haven't don't have a problem with anyone who does. I am quite indifferent to a person's sexual preference ut I can't stand inconsistency. . If we are going to kick against and look down  and throw  gay people to jail (and even try to harm or kill them) then we should apply the same rule to everyone who has committed a sexual sin in the eyes of the God you worship. A man sleeping with a man is just as bad as two unmarried people having sex (whether they be man and woman or otherwise makes no matter). or a man having sex with his hands or stimulating his sexual organs

The law should generally  not be concerned with the private lives or decisions of a person. what I do in my house under my roof is no ones business as long as it does not affect my neighbor. Morality and crime should never be the same in any society. But more importantly there should be consistency in our laws. A country where its *ok* for a 53 year old man to marry a 12 year old girl should not be the one making it a crime to gay or for two consenting adult to marry. Its one thing to refuse to recognize gay marriage, its quite another to make it a crime. If gay marriage is a crime then adultery and fornication should also be declared a crime am sure my Christian and Muslim brothers won't have a problem with that.

While I don't always agree with Obama on many issues. I think it is noble for him to help fight the injustice and violence melted out against a person because of who he decides to sleep with. heck many of u hypocrites here who condemn gays have had sex with your self ( masturbation) before, I bet a huge number still do, yet you come here to form holier than thou.

Again I am quite indifference to who a man decides to wed and sleep with and marry (some people marry their dog, some they marry the bottle, some money) what hikes me is all the hypocrisy going around because of this issue.  people casting stones even though they are just as guilty.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Kay17: 2:29pm On Dec 07, 2011
I think Islam forbids a woman from having more than one husband.

However, it is a matter of oppression. Ppl shouldnt be picked and punished for lack of conformity. Its undemocratic. One man's meat is another's poison.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Kay17: 2:33pm On Dec 07, 2011
If gay associations are banned because they are sins, the Senate can ban atheism tomorrow.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by yuboy: 2:49pm On Dec 07, 2011
bigrovar:

Many of you here are nothing but Hippocrates. A sin is a sin is a sin, its only in the eyes of man that we grade sin based on our moral standing. Thankfully God does not see things the way we do. Many here calling Obama a traitor for supporting man-lover right have (of have had) sex out side of marriage, and even those who haven't don't have a problem with anyone who does. I am quite indifferent to a person's intimate preference ut I can't stand inconsistency. . If we are going to kick against and look down  and throw  man-lover people to jail (and even try to harm or kill them) then we should apply the same rule to everyone who has committed a intimate sin in the eyes of the God you worship. A man sleeping with a man is just as bad as two unmarried people Being Intimate (whether they be man and woman or otherwise makes no matter). or a man Being Intimate with his hands or stimulating his intimate organs

The law should generally  not be concerned with the private lives or decisions of a person. what I do in my house under my roof is no ones business as long as it does not affect my neighbor. Morality and crime should never be the same in any society. But more importantly there should be consistency in our laws. A country where its *ok* for a 53 year old man to marry a 12 year old girl should not be the one making it a crime to man-lover or for two consenting adult to marry. Its one thing to refuse to recognize man-lover marriage, its quite another to make it a crime. If man-lover marriage is a crime then adultery and fornication should also be declared a crime am sure my Christian and Muslim brothers won't have a problem with that.

While I don't always agree with Obama on many issues. I think it is noble for him to help fight the injustice and violence melted out against a person because of who he decides to sleep with. heck many of u hypocrites here who condemn man-loving-men have Were Intimate with your self ( self-service) before, I bet a huge number still do, yet you come here to form holier than thou.

Again I am quite indifference to who a man decides to wed and sleep with and marry (some people marry their dog, some they marry the bottle, some money) what hikes me is all the hypocrisy going around because of this issue.  people casting stones even though they are just as guilty.
ey man i tought u are mature enof 2 come 2 dis forum and start postin i doubt if u are up 2 18 if not on wot account would u said u are in suppose of same sex married is dat no foolishness, i ret my case cous if u like marry ur frnd fool, d world in totality 2 expect world war 3 and arab nations would led dis war i bett y would u want 2 influence oda nations policy obama?obama wu is he self?his not a goddess rader he claims 2 b more destroctive dan i tought, i tought dat guy na african man la, na fool hin b self!
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Oluchi007(f): 2:59pm On Dec 07, 2011
Why is Obama pushing the LGBT agenda? What's in it for him?

As the saying goes, God did not create Adam and Adamu; he created ADAM and EVE.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by bigrovar(m): 3:06pm On Dec 07, 2011
onetrack:

Hypocrisy is also quoting religion to condemn one intimate sin (homosexuality),   while ignoring other intimate sins (adultery and prostitution).  As far as I am concerned,  those using religion as a justification to make homosexuality illegal,  while NEVER EVER suggesting criminalizing adultery,  are just as big a hypocrite as those who favor homosexuality while not permitting bigamy.

And yes,  I also wouldn't mind seeing polygamy made legal in western countries,  but fairness would require that women be allowed more than one husband in addition to the usual one man with multiple wives.
lacidi:

First, the Quran does not forbid polygamy. Secondly, the jury is still out whether the Bible forbids polygamy, but I don’t wanna go into that now because that’s not what this thread is about.

There are lots of things the bible and the Quran forbids perhaps we should also make the eating of pigs and other *unclean* animals a crime. we can start by adultery and fornication, make that like 5 years in prison.

The Law passed by the senate makes same sex marriage illegal i.e. it says you cannot marry a person of same sex with you
. Nope its goes further than that, it makes it a crime. you know its actually weird because Nigerian from time immemorial has never recognized gay marriage. the definition of marriage in Nigeria has always been a union of man and woman to the exclusion of others. so a woman can on marry and woman in Nigeria, What this law does is to say anyone who even attempt or tries to organize something tagged a gay marriage is liable to 14 years in prison. It doesn't make sense if you ask me. But the part of the law which most disturbing is where it makes it a crime for a man to show affection to another man (or something like that) need to see the provision of the bill (which I can't find anywhere online)

No one has said you cannot sleep with a fellow man inside your bedroom. What we are saying is that you cannot come to the registry or the church to wed.
eh the criminal code makes that a crime
section 217 states
Any male person who, whether in public or private, commits any act of gross indecency with another male person, or procures another male person to commit any act of gross indecency with him, or attempts to procure the commission of any such act by any male person with himself or with another male person, whether in public or private, is guilty of a felony, and is liable to imprisonment for three years.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by PHIPEX(m): 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2011
I hope Obama will support me if I wed my younger brother. Next time now they will say u hv the right to Marry your dog if it loves u dearly. grin grin grin
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by bigrovar(m): 3:17pm On Dec 07, 2011
yuboy:

ey man i tought u are mature enof 2 come 2 dis forum and start postin i doubt if u are up 2 18 if not on wot account would u said u are in suppose of same sex married is dat no foolishness, i ret my case cous if u like marry your frnd fool, d world in totality 2 expect world war 3 and arab nations would led dis war i bett y would u want 2 influence oda nations policy obama?obama wu is he self?his not a goddess rader he claims 2 b more destroctive dan i tought, i tought dat guy na african man la, na fool hin b self!

To be honest I can't even comprehend what you just wrote
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 07, 2011
whats the difference between you homophobics and racists/tribalists/evil men.
so we should kill homos, they are not fit to live. hypocrites.
gays are human beings with brains, blood, dreams and aspirations like any normal human being. their sexual orientation should not give you headache unless they forcefully impose it on unwilling persons. stop discriminating against them evil people.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Fancier(f): 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2011
Oluchi007:

Why is Obama pushing the LGBT agenda? What's in it for him?

As the saying goes, God did not create Adam and Adamu; he created ADAM and EVE.

I am beginning to ponder on this saying "IF OBAMA IS THE ANTI-CHRIST, " i never had a deep thought on it when i saw this on paper mid this year. Lord have Mercy!. cry cry cry
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by sammirano: 3:50pm On Dec 07, 2011
Obama is as stupid as he looks, who does think he really is.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by DCONE1(m): 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2011
Shame on obama and his stupid policies, if to say im papa na gay dem for nor born am, and hillary clinton should leave her husband and go and marry a woman stupid people, ffuck them with their foriegn aids,even animals no say na male to female,no be male-male or female-female, we no want their aids to hell with US and UK.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Reference(m): 3:58pm On Dec 07, 2011
Maybe someone should propose to Mr. President. Make him an offer he can't refuse. He may then kick Michelle out of the WhiteHouse and make you say the First Gentleman of the United States. Fair enough?
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by splashbaby(m): 4:05pm On Dec 07, 2011
Do the state punish adulterers, Because this is also as worst as those practicing same sex marriage, I think what we should do is to hate the sin and not the sinners. Adultery is much a big problem in our society, The failure of the society gave birth to Homos, we should find a better way of dealing with it than incriminating them altogether.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Builder: 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2011
I have always known that obama is not just a confused man but a complete and utter useless soul. how could you wipe put a whole family in libya, destroy the infrastrutures and destroy their future, deny the palestinains a country yet fight for the rights if gay people. im just grateful he is a one time presido and his family can be wiped out as well.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Builder: 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2011
i just hope our senators hold this ban on homosexuality and not be threatened by the west and their evil deeds
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Adesegun: 4:31pm On Dec 07, 2011
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by omofat: 5:11pm On Dec 07, 2011
Na wa for all the Obama bashing o. Because the man says he won't give you money if you maintain a policy of "killing" homosexuals!

Obama the Anti-Christ? shocked

Religion really makes a lot people stupid
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by sshalom(m): 5:20pm On Dec 07, 2011
What a shame! Obama should go and read Romans 1: 19-29.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Fancier(f): 5:39pm On Dec 07, 2011
omo~fat:

Na wa for all the Obama bashing o. Because the man says he won't give you money if you maintain a policy of "killing" homosexuals!

Obama the Anti-Christ?  shocked

Religion really makes a lot people silly

Obviously you are a product of religious silliness

, Nonsense
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by omofat: 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^^ Whether you believe it or not, religion deprives a lot of people of the ability to exercise independent thought and apply critical thinking to issues.

Someone further up just called the man the Anti-Christ,  Ostensibly because he has heard the term from some pulpit somewhere. You will go dizzy with rage.

Kill all the gayys o you hear! Kill of them!! - hisssssssssss
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Loveaflame(m): 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2011
We are in the end time.All gays or lesbians all have demented mindset.Their conscience know the truth they are just living in self denial.Even animals don't practise such rubbish.Obama or no Obama African people should not allow our culture to be eroded by white madness.
Re: Obama Puts Same-sex Rights At The Centre Of US Foreign Policy by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2011
Obama is a tool used by the 'Gay Agenda' movement. Their force is really strong and they look to crush anyone standing in their way. They try to invade Africa by using aids as a bait. They are seriously targeting kids because if they get kids, they can easily rule.

Nothing new though but it's all about how far they can go and what time would it take them ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Harvard Professor Gates Arrested At Cambridge / Breaking News: Polish President Feared Dead In Russian Plane Crash / Iran And Afghanistan Before Their Islamic Revolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.