Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Things You Dislike About Your Father! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things You Dislike About Your Father! (2553 Views)

What Part Of Marriage Do You Dislike? / How Strict Is Your Father?(grade) / 1 Thing U Dislike About Ur Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Dislike About Your Father! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2011
I know this sounds kinda harsh and maybe disrespectful. I don't know if your father have done some things to you that you didn't like. Mine did numerous to me. He just did the worst. Can you imagine a father slapping his 27 year old son because he ate his dad's food mistakenly? I seriously believe its because am still living in the same house with him. Even at that, I still deserve some respect don't I?

We just concluded Family Weekend in our church and thus am trying to compile some things our parents do that are wrong, especially the fathers. So fellow Nairalanders, can you pls share with us some of the things your dad has done to you that you hate but just can't change or get even cos he's your father? I'l really appreciate it.

Why are most African parents so tyrannic in nature? I know the bible says children should obey their parents, but why do parents quickly ignore the part that says "Fathers provoke not your children to wrath?"

Thanks.
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by cindylee: 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2011
My dad drinks a lot and comes home drunk most weekends. I wish he would just stop. Aside that, he is the most wonderful father and best husband a woman can ever have. Not nowadays men that don't know how to handle their homes.

OP, every father has his own vice, don't think yours is the worst. When you hear other people own eh, you go thank God
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by Fhemmmy: 9:32pm On Dec 07, 2011
He is a great man
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by tpia5: 10:24pm On Dec 07, 2011
Your church told you to list the things that your father did to you?

Beware of generational curse manifesting in your life.
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by Nobody: 2:25am On Dec 08, 2011
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by lovelydoll: 8:26am On Dec 08, 2011
i love my dad he is the best!!
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by ng4am(f): 9:23am On Dec 08, 2011
Porter said u hate about ur dad doesnt mean ur dad is bad, everybody has his/her own fault. Mind is too controlling.
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by N101: 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2011
I don't know what kind of church you go to, but one thing you should learn is to forgive your father.

If you are going to make a list of his shortcomings, I would like to think it is to pray for God to change his heart, and to help you forgive him for all these things he's done to you. Then burn the list.

Otherwise you will end up just like the man you are angry with. Let go and move on. And next time double check whose meal it is before eating cheesy
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by isalegan2: 3:45pm On Dec 08, 2011
cindylee:

My dad drinks a lot and comes home drunk most weekends. I wish he would just stop. Aside that, he is the most wonderful father and best husband a woman can ever have. Not nowadays men that don't know how to handle their homes.

OP, every father has his own vice, don't think yours is the worst. When you hear other people own eh, you go thank God

"best husband a woman can ever have"

Wow! Very personal but meaningful comment, except for the bolded.  No offense meant, but no child can make such a declarative statement about her father, since she is not his wife.

Your church told you to list the things that your father did to you?

I once read (from an article about Tom Cruise's ex) that Scientologists ask for a lot of personal information about all the bad things their new members may have done.  I don't know if it includes what was done to them by others.  If the poster is willing, maybe he'll share the name of the church.

@Poster,
I'm sorry your father treated you like that.  Hopefully, it makes you determined not to treat others, including your own children, especially grown sons, like that.  Good luck to you.
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by Natasha2(f): 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2011

Don't use the word hate, that's a strong word , I will urge you to change the HATE to DISLIKE

The things I dislike about my father
1. He never listens, he does whatever he wants and doesn't take advice
2. He is too authoritative
3. He fuck1ng shouts too much
4. He's unnecessarily wicked
5. He's kinda violent
6. he's hot tempered and I dislike the fact that I had to inherit it
7. He mismanages funds
8. he tells you he doesn't have money and the next minute he's buying something expensive for himself WTF grin
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by cantell(m): 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2011
@op,
Hate is strong word so i prefer to use resent.
My father is too generous and accommodating in a very annoying way.
How can someone take the responsibilities of his brothers & sisters/in-laws (financially)all by himself?
Even dangote is not that generous!
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by babyme1(f): 7:25am On Dec 09, 2011
He married 3 wives and fathered 15 children. Add all the grand-childred, wive's relatives and family friends and you will get why i'm pissed.
Can't one have some privacy in her father's house?
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by babyme1(f): 7:26am On Dec 09, 2011
He married 3 wives and fathered 15 children. Add all the grand-children, wive's relatives and family friends and you will get why i'm pissed.
Can't one have some privacy in her father's house?
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by denzel2009: 7:30am On Dec 09, 2011
cindylee:

shine shine bobo.
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 09, 2011
Sorry guys, you all got me wrong. I didn't say my church asked me to write down the list of my dad's shortcoming. I just wanted to gather a list of the shortcomings of fathers in order to make a point in a book I just started writing. The book is supposed to talk to parents, especially fathers. I wanted to use the book to ask them to be more considerate and less tyrannic. I wanted to ask fathers to learn t listen to their kids no matter how silly they may sound. This is why I needed your experiences, it will help my hypothesis.

Do you get my point now? I've even changed the topic of the post from "hate" to "dislike".

Am not keeping any grudge with my dad. I've forgiven him long ago. It's just the "Am-always-right" attitude that most African parents have that is my problem. Most African parents think they know it all and they can never be wrong. That's the point am coming from. I would like our fathers to learn how to learn from their kids.

Next question: How many of you are close to your parents, especially your dad? Can you comfortably talk to your dad about a lady/guy in your life that you are in love with?
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by iice(f): 2:40pm On Dec 09, 2011
Nothing really.
I'm close to them but not as close as some of my friends are with their parents.
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by NovusHomo(m): 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
I know this sounds kinda harsh and maybe disrespectful. I don't know if your father have done some things to you that you didn't like. Mine did numerous to me. He just did the worst. Can you imagine a father slapping his 27 year old son because he ate his dad's food mistakenly? I seriously believe its because am still living in the same house with him. Even at that, I still deserve some respect don't I?

We just concluded Family Weekend in our church and thus am trying to compile some things our parents do that are wrong, especially the fathers. So fellow Nairalanders, can you pls share with us some of the things your dad has done to you that you hate but just can't change or get even cos he's your father? I'l really appreciate it.

Why are most African parents so tyrannic in nature? I know the bible says children should obey their parents, but why do parents quickly ignore the part that says "Fathers provoke not your children to wrath?"

Thanks.

At your age? Damn, its time to grow up and outgrow your parents house and influence.
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by tpiander: 9:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
We just concluded Family Weekend in our church and thus am trying to compile some things our parents do that are wrong

is that what your church asked you to do at the family weekend?
Re: Things You Dislike About Your Father! by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
Out of all the crazy ones that he said, this one is very epic. He told me that out of all his 6 children, that my existence means nothing to him. That he feels better with the remaining 5 and myself being alive was a mistake.

He actually said this more than 14 years ago. I can never forget. Now, I'm almost 30 everyone is looking up to me because I'm more than successful

(1) (Reply)

Family Of 6 Found Dead In Their Room In Rumuosi, Port-harcourt Rivers State / Married Lady Lets Her Husband Do All Domestic Chores, Is It Normal? / Searching For An Enugu Or Anambra Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.