Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) (5564 Views)

Any Female Python Programmer Here?? / Test / Any Assembly Language Programmer Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by nunu10(f): 10:50am On Dec 09, 2011
Hello y'all. .I'm a female programmer with interest in C language. .I was given this assignment and Iono how to go about it. It goes thus

"U re 2 write a program usin d following topics conditional and control structure,functions,recursive functions, one and two dimensional array,passing element or whole array to a function,pointers,strings,structures,unions,enumerated type. U re xpectd to formulate a question and solve using d program. Give a detailed pseudocode and a detailed flowchart for ur solution. .Dat's all. . .any idea(s) pls
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 09, 2011
This is very strange, immagine a computer science student (or so i presume) calling herself a programmer?
Now, before you say you are a programmer, should you not be able to write something as basic as that??

This one na primary 1 assignment for C na, oya eyin c boys help out this babe o!!
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by stepo707: 11:21am On Dec 09, 2011
Go give the boys for ur class now
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:43am On Dec 09, 2011
Girl do not be discouraged - females have more programming hormones than males - and are move creative. just pick up a book and crash it - no holding back grin
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Phoenix6278(m): 11:53am On Dec 09, 2011
Eeew, u guys have really been of immense help grin
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Joe50(m): 12:03pm On Dec 09, 2011
i no even understand d question self not even talk about d answer, this one na english grammar.

explain in details a program that can accept this or that, or that can run this or that, or that can calculate this or that.
then i would b able to help,
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2011
Na wa o, see this boys o? Shuo, na mouth dem they take program ni?? Me i no fit help you for free.

Free Help => Look here omoge, the answer lies here - http://www.dfstermole.net/OAC/harray2.html

Paid Help = > If you are having problems with putting it together, send your request to mo-lenu-pa @ . net  - with =N= 1,000.00 NGN recharge card in any network - that will be your ticket, otherwise i will not even read your message if the ticket no validate correctly.
And in case you are wondering, the email address is actually correct. . .

If you are looking at learning PHP, HTML, Drupal and some other web courses for free, please check here - http://www.classrooms..net/
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by IbroSaunks(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2011
this is kinda wierd. usually they tell u what to do instead of asking u what ull use to solve it, the first step is to figure out how these things work. then go through examples, maybe an idea would come from numerous examples,
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by IbroSaunks(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2011
my point is, usually they give a problem and tell u to figure out how to solve it, now they r gIving how to solve it and telling u to figure out the problem!
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2011
@dhtml, seriously, you are really something else. You call it a primary 1 assignment and yet couldn't even give a single idea or help to the OP and you still even go as far as saying that she is not a programmer. In that "great" mind of yours, what do you even think a programmer is? Am yet to see any meaningful thing or help you have rendered to anyone on this forum only to antagonize.

@OP, sorry to say this but, this is the wrong place to ask for help since most of the "programmers" here just love being chauvinistic. I'm not a programmer but I think I'll point you out in the right direction. Do a little bit of search on the net for that problem of yours and even better, find and join online forums for programmers. That will expose you to more ppl willing to help you more readily than the ego rubbing dudes here.
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by nunu10(f): 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2011
@joe50 the main aim of dis project is to make use of dose topics i listed it dosent matter whether u ave to calculate value or watever as long as u create a problem and use functions dat has to do wif dat topic in solving,
@henry tanxs dude bt really need help cos dis project means a lot 2 me,
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by andyanders: 2:18pm On Dec 09, 2011
Poster, ts might help you out.

C is an imperative (procedural) systems implementation language. It was designed to be compiled using a relatively straightforward compiler, to provide low-level access to memory, to provide language constructs that map efficiently to machine instructions, and to require minimal run-time support. C was therefore useful for many applications that had formerly been coded in assembly language.

Despite its low-level capabilities, the language was designed to encourage cross-platform programming. A standards-compliant and portably written C program can be compiled for a very wide variety of computer platforms and operating systems with few changes to its source code. The language has become available on a very wide range of platforms, from embedded microcontrollers to supercomputers.
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by tellwisdom: 2:23pm On Dec 09, 2011
. grin grin grin
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by andyanders: 2:24pm On Dec 09, 2011
Further;

What is C, ?
C is a programming language originally developed for developing the Unix operating system. It is a low-level and powerful language, but it lacks many modern and useful constructs. C++ is a newer language, based on C, that adds many more modern programming language features that make it easier to program than C.
What is C++,
Basically, C++ maintains all aspects of the C language, while providing new features to programmers that make it easier to write useful and sophisticated programs.

For example, C++ makes it easier to manage memory and adds several features to allow "object-oriented" programming and "generic" programming. Basically, it makes it easier for programmers to stop thinking about the nitty-gritty details of how the machine works and think about the problems they are trying to solve
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2011
andyanders:

Poster, ts might help you out.

C is an imperative (procedural) systems implementation language. It was designed to be compiled using a relatively straightforward compiler, to provide low-level access to memory, to provide language constructs that map efficiently to machine instructions, and to require minimal run-time support. C was therefore useful for many applications that had formerly been coded in assembly language.

Despite its low-level capabilities, the language was designed to encourage cross-platform programming. A standards-compliant and portably written C program can be compiled for a very wide variety of computer platforms and operating systems with few changes to its source code. The language has become available on a very wide range of platforms, from embedded microcontrollers to supercomputers.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,,, HHHEEHEEHEEHEE, CHINEKE!!!!!! LEKWENU TEACHER,  TEACH ME SOMETHING,  EWOOOO,  CHIMOOOOO,  KAI

hahahahahahaha,  hhhaaa

[img]http://heartcurrents.files./2010/03/wp_heart_laughing.jpg[/img]

nunu10:

@joe50 the main aim of dis project is to make use of dose topics i listed it dosent matter whether u ave to calculate value or watever as long as u create a problem and use functions dat has to do wif dat topic in solving,
@henry tanxs dude bt really need help cos dis project means a lot 2 me,
Sorry dear. as you may have realised, we do not have programmers on nairaland,  just hello world gurus and proGRAMMARS,
So take your question to the politics section or, if if you can wait, ill send you a detailed reply,  lots of things on my hand at the moment,
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by IbroSaunks(m): 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2011
musKeeto:

Sorry dear. as you may have realised, we do not have programmers on nairaland,  just hello world gurus and proGRAMMARS,
So take your question to the politics section or, if if you can wait, ill send you a detailed reply,  lots of things on my hand at the moment,
do u even visit the programming section?
no one has the time to sit and write the code to solve such problems, when money is not involved. peeps r involved in one project or the other. and as a programmer, u are supposed to be able to research into how you can solve problems on your own. the best that can b done for u is if u post bugged code for people to help you debug, or optimize.
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2011
IbroSaunks:

do u even visit the programming section?
no one has the time to sit and write the code to solve such problems, when money is not involved. peeps r involved in one project or the other. and as a programmer, u are supposed to be able to research into how you can solve problems on your own. the best that can b done for u is if u post bugged code for people to help you debug, or optimize.
Lmao @ do I visit this thread?

Anyways, you've said nothing to disprove me. All I could read from your post is -MONEY, TIME, PROJECTS, blah blah blah,

I agree that programmers should be able to research and solve problems on their own. But there's nothing wrong with giving a little helping hand.
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by IbroSaunks(m): 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2011
the owner of this forum seun osewa is a good programmer,
yeah, a little helping hand is telling the person an approach to take, which reminds me sef
@op recursive functions can be used with the fibonacci series, or finding factorials. most of the other stuff u said probably have mathematical applications. so an idea may be to write a program that performs a host of mathematical operations. it might even be a calculator application.
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2011
IbroSaunks:

the owner of this forum seun osewa is a good programmer,
yeah, a little helping hand is telling the person an approach to take, which reminds me sef
@op recursive functions can be used with the fibonacci series, or finding factorials. most of the other stuff u said probably have mathematical applications. so an idea may be to write a program that performs a host of mathematical operations. it might even be a calculator application.
grin Nice *doffs hat, leaves programming section*
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2011
This is a very crazy thread, @op, one of your friends has advocated for you, i will help you do the stuff later, send an email to codeblocks@.net if you still require my assistance.

henryskywalker2003:

@dhtml, seriously, you are really something else. You call it a primary 1 assignment and yet couldn't even give a single idea or help to the OP and you still even go as far as saying that she is not a programmer. In that "great" mind of yours, what do you even think a programmer is? Am yet to see any meaningful thing or help you have rendered to anyone on this forum only to antagonize.

@OP, sorry to say this but, this is the wrong place to ask for help since most of the "programmers" here just love being chauvinistic. I'm not a programmer but I think I'll point you out in the right direction. Do a little bit of search on the net for that problem of yours and even better, find and join online forums for programmers. That will expose you to more ppl willing to help you more readily than the ego rubbing dudes here.
Haba, i am not that bad. But really, i have rendered a lot of help to people - when it is web-related. I have left software development for ages. Besides, i have discovered that whenever i post any software-related codes on this board, it gets chewed to pieces - so i have decided not to post any codes on this board except it is for website programming - anybody that wants to scatter that one is in no man's land.

Also, i have helped people a lot, you can see many of my reasonsable posts and contributions in the webmasters section and also my website.
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Hahhaaa, so funny hearing you plead your case, cheesy
It's all good on the board, One of my new year resolutions is to make more meaningful posts next year, been in and out lately.
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 09, 2011
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 09, 2011
omo_to_dun:

@musKeeto

I am still waiting for you to help the OP.

U too you need help?

musKeeto:

So take your question to the politics section[b] or, if if you can wait, ill send you a detailed reply,  lots of things on my hand at the moment, [/b]
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 09, 2011
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 09, 2011
omo_to_dun:

No, I don't. It seems to me that all you do is talk and try to make manifest others' shortcomings. Show the OP that you are not one of the so-called proGRAMMARS by aiding her in solving her problems. However, I doubt that you will.
Lmao, why guilty conscience dey catch you now?
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 09, 2011
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2011
omo_to_dun:

^
On the contrary my dear friend, the one with guilty conscience is you, not me, for I pledged not my help nor did I claim to be able to help the OP. I doubt that anyone on the programming section can claim that you have solved any problems in the past; ironically, that is the subject of your previous posts and it is highly interesting that you are criticizing others for engaging in the same practice that you are mostly known for.

LIKE I SAID, proGRAMMARS
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by moderatorr: 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2011
nigerian computer science lecturers are the cause of CS students graduating as cyber cafe attendants.
Checkout list of courses for the semester:
1. Fotran
2. Cobol
3. QBasic
4. C
before you see
5. VB 6
now tell me, which of these courses are applicable in the real world?

Things are happening with oracle, php, python, vb.net, asp.net, c#.net.
Common, html5, qt, small talk, ajax name it.
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2011
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 09, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Your response is not unexpected. I am glad that I have been able to prove to the folks on this section that not only are you an empty basket, but also a belligerent trouble-maker. From here on, I will hold my peace.

@ OP
If you decide to wait for musKeeto's help, you shall be waiting forever seeing as he know not what he speaketh about. Peruse his posts for evidence.

As per your question, all you did was simply regurgitate your assignment as is, without telling us anything about your programming abilities and what you have done so far to solve the problem. I can easily solve the problem. But how would that help you? You would not learn anything. So, do you want to learn or you simply want the solution?

*leaves the stage for James Bond*
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2011
omo_to_dun:

^
On the contrary my dear friend, the one with guilty conscience is you, not me, for I pledged not my help nor did I claim to be able to help the OP. I doubt that anyone on the programming section can claim that you have solved any problems in the past; ironically, that is the subject of your previous posts and it is highly interesting that you are criticizing others for engaging in the same practice that you are mostly known for.

You see, when i said she is not a programmer now, someone wanted to chew me out. I dont even have any C compiler again, lemme download codeblocks.
Re: Female Programmer Here: Please Help (c Language) by IbroSaunks(m): 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2011
my nairaland mentor Omo_to_dun has spoken!!!, I haven't even written c code in a long time too, its been web for a while now,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help On Php Code For A Dice Game / Code Challenge [1]: Pseudo-code, C#, JAVA (apply Object Oriented Principles) / How Long Did It Take You Guys To Become Strong Java Programmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.