Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,326 members, 7,954,317 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:35 PM

Uploading Videos On My Site - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Uploading Videos On My Site (882 Views)

Please Help Me , Someone Hacked My Site / Wp Help I Want To Change The Look Of My Site / How Do I A dd Free Sms Script To My Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uploading Videos On My Site by fineass: 10:45pm On Sep 27, 2007
Hi everyone, my team and i are working on this social network software just like Hi5, facebook and youtube but we have been having troubles trying to get this done, was wondering if you guys could help me i would really appreciate your help. Thank you and peace cool

These are the problems holding us down:
1. Using windows media Encoder, encode the movie to .wmf file
2. Create an on demand publish point on windows media server.
Re: Uploading Videos On My Site by tomX1(m): 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2007
To encode videos for your site you may use any proffesional video editing software like Adobe Premier, Pinacle, Ulead,etc. but Windows Movie Maker would do just fine.
1 ) Launch movie maker: Start->Movie maker
2 ) in movie maker do: File->import into collection, ( ctrl + I )
3 ) In the Import File dlg box, browse to ur file and import
4 ) Drag the imported clip(s) to the clipboard
5 ) File->Save movie file, ( ctr+P )
6 ) In the save movie wizard select my computer and click next
7 ) Input a file name and choose a folder in which to store your video(s) and click next
8 ) Choose the show more choice option to see compresion types. then select the "other types" radio button.
9 ) Select any appropriate compression. The clearer choices will give a heavier video and slow loading time.
The more compressed options will give a smaller and less-clear video but with faster loading time.
Try "video for dail-up access (38kbps)". and click on next to export the video.
10) Click on finish and test your video. It should be light but very grainy.

You may experiment with other settings under (9) to get a better blend of download speed/clarity.
good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Any Networking Problems? Paste It Here. / Compilation Error / Student Needs Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.