Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Bomb Blast In Jos. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Jos. (9855 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Bomb Blast In Gombe, Outside PDP Presidential Campaign Rally / People In Jos Climb Mast Just To Listen To Buhari During Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by Torch1(m): 6:49am On Dec 11, 2011
Don't panic guys! it wasn't a bomb explosion, is just an explosion from the Television,
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by Chubhie: 7:17am On Dec 11, 2011
This is really getting out of hand. Is it that this country is too big to be rounded up and the baddos fished out. e fit be you o.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by okosodo: 7:19am On Dec 11, 2011
Jtf are siding boko haram. It did not take them muscle to tackle the more daredevil militant but they are floppin against the tactless malus.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by jamace(m): 7:38am On Dec 11, 2011
Hausa/Fulani United  - 1

Berom/Afizere/Anaraguta Undertakers  - 0
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by monkeyleg: 7:49am On Dec 11, 2011
When a governement cannot gaurantee safety and protect its people, then one can delcare that we have no government at all. The Nigerian government has failed nigerians
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by onyekabe(m): 8:04am On Dec 11, 2011
Sometimes i feel pity for those of christians in the north was it not them that joined forces with the hausas to massacre the igbos before and during the war? How come thier closest allies are now thier greatest enemy, where is gowon who strongly reject confederalism
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by dustydee: 8:13am On Dec 11, 2011
Things are getting out of hand, GEJ please do something.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by EzeUche(m): 8:15am On Dec 11, 2011
I want to pity Middle Belt people but the ghost of Biafra tell me not to forget the injustice they have done to my people.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by aljharem3: 8:23am On Dec 11, 2011
onyekabe:

Sometimes i feel pity for those of christians in the north was it not them that joined forces with the hausas to massacre the igbos before and during the war? How come thier closest allies are now thier greatest enemy, where is gowon who strongly reject confederalism
EzeUche:

I want to pity Middle Belt people but the ghost of Biafra tell me not to forget the injustice they have done to my people.

after the massacre, why not live the north.

even till this very day, you people to take buses to the north in masses, isn't it ? who's fault is that ?

2. Middle belt does not care if you are igbo or not, they fought against an egocentric man called Ojukwu and as such since una see him as una god, sorry then

3. How can someone be wrong for fighting for the integrity of Nigeria ?

or did Igbos not do they same to Niger/delta republic that wanted to secessed for the eastern region then

a 12 days war that killed many niger/delta ? Mumu
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by asha80(m): 8:26am On Dec 11, 2011
alj_harem:

after the massacre, why not live the north.

even till this very day, you people to take buses to the north in masses, isn't it ? who's fault is that ?

2. Middle belt does not care if you are igbo or not, they fought against an egocentric man called Ojukwu and as such since una see him as una god, sorry then

3. How can someone be wrong for fighting for the integrity of Nigeria ?

or did Igbos not do they same to Niger/delta republic that wanted to secessed for the eastern region then

a 12 days war that killed many niger/delta ? Mumu

i wonder how that 'intergrity' is now.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by EzeUche(m): 8:28am On Dec 11, 2011
asha 80 I wonder why you would even quote alj harem.

Just ignore the baboon.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by aljharem3: 8:31am On Dec 11, 2011
asha 80:

i wonder how that 'intergrity' is now.

does it matter ? eh

all those people that were soilders knew they were fighting for the integrity of a New Nation

EzeUche:

asha 80 I wonder why you would even quote alj harem.

Just ignore the baboon.

Usual insult when the truth stares them on the face. mumu. maybe you think everyone thinks like a cattle and are direction less like una
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by asha80(m): 8:32am On Dec 11, 2011
alj_harem:

does it matter ? eh

all those people that were soilders knew they were fighting for the integrity of a New Nation

Usual insult when the truth stares them on the face. mumu. maybe you think everyone thinks like a cattle and are direction less like una

who is talking about soldiers?we are talking about their civilian populace.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by ifyalways(f): 8:33am On Dec 11, 2011
What is a human's life worth in Naija?
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by asha80(m): 8:40am On Dec 11, 2011
Twin bomb explosions rock Jos Featured
Written by Emeka Madunagu, Jude Owuamanam and Emmanuel Addeh

font size decrease font size increase font size
Be the first to comment!

Rate this item

(5 votes)
Jos bomb blast Jos bomb blast informationnigeria.org

Barely four months after multiple bomb blasts rocked West of Mines, the central area in Jos, Plateau State, two bombs again went off in the late hours of Saturday in two spots at Angwan Rukuba area of the metropolis.

Our correspondent gathered that the two bombs exploded 10 minutes after each other at Tina Junction and Odus area, respectively.

Gunshots also rent the air about 30 minutes later, although it could not be confirmed the direction from where they were coming.

Although details of the bomb blasts were still sketchy as at press time, our correspondent gathered that the first blast went off at about 10.10 pm near a popular television viewing centre, called Executive Mansion, while the second went off 10 minutes later at Odus, about five kilometres to Tina junction.

The sound of the blasts was heard many kilometres away as it reverberated through the silence of the night.

It was further gathered that the one that went off at Tina junction was dropped along the road and was suspected to be targeted at the television viewing centre. There was no report of fatality as at press time, but 11 people were said to have been injured, with three in critical condition.

However three persons were said to have been killed at Odus, but it was not confirmed.

A source in Nigerian Red Cross Society who pleaded anonymity told our correspondent that his team were just arriving one of the spots and was yet to evacuate any casualty. He however said that three bodies had been sighted.

Attempts to get the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Dipo Ayeni, were not successful as his phone was off.

The Special Task Force could not be reached either. Of the two emergency lines in use by the STF, one was switched off while the second one rang unpicked.

The latest incident came a few days after a text message was circulated around the town warning people of imminent bomb blasts in certain areas of Jos.

The message read, "There is a security report that on December 24, 2011, there will be bomb blasts in the following areas- Gyel market, Kugiya market, Abattior, Tudu wada,Tina junction,Satellite market, Angwa Rukuba, Hwolshe, Anglo Jos. Avoid populated places. Let’s pray about it. Let’s spread the news."

Similar explosions occurred on July 30, 2011, when bombs were detonated at the Angwan and Sarki Mangu areas of the city. Also on December 24, 2010, multiple bombs went off in Gada Biu and Angwan Rukuba areas of Jos North killing scores of people and wounding many.

http://www.punchng.com/index.php/news/item/7396-twin-bomb-explosions-rock-jos
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by jamace(m): 8:41am On Dec 11, 2011
What is a human's life worth in Naija?
Just one money-filled bag of G-M-G' sad sad
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by kasiem(m): 9:12am On Dec 11, 2011
What's holding opc from reciprocating?
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by JamesDoe: 9:16am On Dec 11, 2011
What does this have to do with OPC?
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by Yagba: 9:21am On Dec 11, 2011
The Hausa/Fulani north is unwittingly closing the curtain on the stage-play titled 'Nigeria'. So sad but true.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by kasiem(m): 9:23am On Dec 11, 2011
JamesDoe:

What does this have to do with OPC?
shouting protest
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by alexola20(m): 11:06am On Dec 11, 2011
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by WilyWily4: 11:50am On Dec 11, 2011
alexola20:

I think the south-westerners are the people keeping 9ja together.If the Yoruba start their own wahala on 9ja,every region go go it's own way.
But I guess my people are not really ready to shed any blood.

Let's wait and see as things happen in 9ja.
I don't think so, not Yorubas are keeping Nigeria together. As things are now in Nigeria if Yorubas knew how to free themselves from Nigeria without bloodshed they are ready to do it, Yorubas are somehow trapped.
What is really keeping us together is the fear of the Igbos, we still don't know what will be their reaction if any tribe/region want to break out, especially we in the South
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by guonno: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2011
If u think all this will stop anytime soon then i will call u ignorant. The hausa and fulani owns the police, military, custom, ndlea, frsc. They will keep killing us untill the above listed forces are checked, muslims hates christians, peace will never rain until all the christians in nigeria are dead. Its unfortunate that another civil war is here. I want to use this medium to educate all igbos that they should not for any reason associate themselve with the next civil war no matter their thirst for the blood of hausa/fulani man. And it is time the igbos start bringing their business home, i commend the people of nnewi that brought their business home, nnewi will soon turn into dubai. I find it difficult to sympathize with igbos up north because ojukwu had told them time without number to come back home, that he (ojukwu) will personally help them establish their business in the east. I remember ojukwu cried at an igbo gathering in lagos because of the huge investments the igbos have in lagos. When all igbos leave the north and west, then the fulanis/hausas will only kill their fellow middle beltans and not igbos. IGBO YOUTHS, BE WISE! DO NOT INDULGE IN THE WAR THAT IS BREWING IN NIGERIA TODAY, ALLOW THE MIDDLE BELTANS TO FIGHT THEIR FIGHT. THEY CAN DO IT ALONE, I believe Gowon is watching his innocent and helpless mothers and children butchered like cow.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by Dclique(m): 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2011
Only God knows what we are in for, come 2012, God help Nigeria
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by begwong: 1:13pm On Dec 11, 2011
one of the blast scenes.Report has it that hausa/fulani are planning attacks on more viewing centers,social gatherings and where xtians are gathered.

Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by Ramram: 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2011
Once upon a time, Jos was the most peaceful city in Nigeria. Its now history.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by WilyWily4: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2011
Ramram:

Anyone who decided to eat with the Devil, be prepare to fight the Devil later.
The wrath of God is on Middle Belters, they are cursed people.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by folahann(m): 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2011
Let us grant Mr Jonathan his wish of Nigeria's separation. We know South-south own the oil.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by nastydamus(m): 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2011
Ramram:

And once upon a time, we only knew bombs existed in Hollywood movies as we only used machetes and guns and/or 'jazz' to settle disputes. How I long for those days now.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by 9ijaprince(m): 2:08pm On Dec 11, 2011
nastydamus:

And once upon a time, we only knew bombs existed in Hollywood movies as we only used machetes and guns and/or 'jazz' to settle disputes. How I long for those days now.

Soon it will graduate to nuclear/atomic bomb, but am not praying for such.
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by humblebee: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2011
these baztards are bugs and needs to be dealt with as such, what nonsense is this, i just hope you guys are learning from the pre-christmas festivals bombings. even in Lagos, please stay away from gatherings ooo, dont make people use your case as a lesson o. human lives means nothing to them, fvcking blood svcking northerners
Re: Bomb Blast In Jos. by obowunmi(m): 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2011
I'm sure they are planning for Lagos during xmas after OPC threat.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Punch Is Fake News - Garba Shehu Says Over Report About PMB & Cabal / South East Vs South West: Politics At The National Level / PDP Reacts To Makarfi’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.