Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,808 members, 7,862,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:42 PM

Nairaland Mock Presidential Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Mock Presidential Elections (944 Views)

Nairaland Mock Presidential Polls / Nairaland Mock Presidential Poll *** Please Cast Your Vote*** / Nairaland Mock PDP Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Mock Presidential Elections by odumchi: 4:02am On Dec 12, 2011
Let's form a mock presidential campaign/election to simulate what might possibly happen were the political climate of our country to change. Let's create a situation where its 2015 and Nigeria is about to carry out it's next presidential election however, there will be no Gooduck Jonathan or Buhari.
Instead of using the names of today's politicians, Nairalanders will have to fill in the positions. For example, someone will have to be nominated as presidential candidates for each of Nigerias four main parties:

ACN

PDP

APGA

CPC

These candidates will pursue the mindset of their individual parties. For example a PDP candidate will pursue the interests of the PDP party and etc. For each political party, there hall be no more than 6 Nairalanders, and of those six, one will have to be chosen as a political candidate. I, will play the part of the interviewer and will question each of the candidates on their views on pressing national issues. After this, the people shall elect one of the candidates for the position of "Mock president of Nigeria".

*I'll post a list of rules and regulations soon*

Remember people "A democracy is only as good as the virtue of it's people". Exercises like these are good ways for us to exercise democracy.
Re: Nairaland Mock Presidential Elections by odumchi: 4:16am On Dec 12, 2011
Rules and Regulations of Nairaland Mock Elections/Debate
-Only the parties listed above are valid.
-A party can be formed when atleast three but no more than six people come together and choose one of the four parties (APGA, PDP, ACN, CPC).
-Once three people choose to form one of the parties above, that party will no longer be available for others to create, but it can be joined until it's maximum capacity of 6 has been reached.
-No party may consist of more than six people, including the candidate.
-All Nairalanders are free to form and join a political party of their choice.
-All Nairalanders are free to run as a candidate.
-All Nairalanders are free to vote.
-Only party members can nominate a presidential candidate for their party.
-The electoral board reserves the right to qualify or disqualify a party candidate.
-No party candidate can be disqualified on any basis other than if he or she violates one of these rules.
-Party candidates must be able to adequately represent the views of their party.
-No party member or candidate can switch parties.
Re: Nairaland Mock Presidential Elections by odumchi: 4:26am On Dec 12, 2011
Now, we will begin the first stage of our mock elections: "Party Formation".
Re: Nairaland Mock Presidential Elections by odumchi: 11:15pm On Dec 12, 2011
Let me set the political climate. It is nearign election time 2015 and the Nigeria political map has been redrawn. I this map, the red states represetn APGA states, the blue PDP, the purple CPC and the green ACN.

Re: Nairaland Mock Presidential Elections by Relax101(m): 1:48am On Dec 13, 2011
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8_2E88m_Y0[/flash]

What is ideological difference between the PDP, ACN and other political parties?---Patrick Obahiagbon

It is reflective on the fact that nigeria still walloooooows in a state of meticisina statism, cancaro tribalism, Ecocentric Chauvinism, Syphalictic Parochialism, Epileptic Nepotism, Cataliptic Parakpoism and state brigadish, of the bluest die!------Patrick Obahiagbon.

I hereby say f0rk all political parties and their presidential candidates.
If I see Buhari contesting in 2015, then I will use koboko to whip his ear!
Wetin he forget for Aso Rock?
Re: Nairaland Mock Presidential Elections by odumchi: 2:23am On Dec 13, 2011
PDP was the Party of the millennium. It was meant to assimilate all Nigerians into the "new democracy" of 1999, but however it fractured into many other parties which are today the ACN, CPC, APGA an others.

Anyway, won't you participate in the mock elections?

(1) (Reply)

New York Times Opinion: Another Jaundiced View About Nigeria. / Gov. Amosun Demolishes Abraham Tabernacle Church Built By Gbenga Daniel / Multiple Bomb Explosions Rock Kaduna Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.