Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? (3303 Views)

I Need A Tutor On How To Turn A Picture Into Cartoon / Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) / Brighten A Picture In Photoshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? by Wilfem(m): 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2007
I wouldn't know if anyone could please tell/show me how to turn a 2D picture into a 3D picture. For example, a logo of an institution. How do I turn it into a 3D image from it's original 2D format. I'll be very grateful if I can find a solution to this. Thanks in advance.
Re: How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? by topeteadr(m): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2007
Here is how to do it just change the 2d to 3d that's it
Re: How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? by topeteadr(m): 7:47am On Sep 30, 2007
I have no idea
Re: How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? by topeteadr(m): 7:48am On Sep 30, 2007
Sorry i have no idea
Re: How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 30, 2007
Technically, this can't be done automatically.

What you can do, however, is to use the 2D picture as a reference when modelling the new logo (or whatever it is) in 3D using any 3d modelling software of your choice.

Another thing you can do, if you don't really need it in full 3D but just want it to look like it has more depth,  You can just use photoshop to add shadows and other forms of shading to it.
Samples/tutorials of this can easily be found online.

Good luck.
Re: How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? by Wilfem(m): 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2007
tope_teadr:

Here is how to do it just change the 2d to 3d that's it

Why did you say this when you knew you didn't have an idea. sad

Wilfem:

I wouldn't know if anyone could please tell/show me how to turn a 2D picture into a 3D picture. For example, a logo of an institution. How do I turn it into a 3D image from it's original 2D format. I'll be very grateful if I can find a solution to this. Thanks in advance.
Thanks 2buff for your response. I'm was even thinking of probably using 3d cool and see what will happen. thanks once again.
Re: How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? by Stanozcom(m): 3:53am On Oct 12, 2007
I could teach you how to do that in Blender3d.

'Wanna know?
Re: How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? by Wilfem(m): 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2007
Oh Yes! I wanna know. Thanks for your response. God bless you indeed
Re: How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? by zPixel(m): 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin I will serious like to know how you can convert a 2d picture to 3d grin grin grin grin grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? by tomX1(m): 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2007
You will actualy have to model the logo or 2D pix in a 3D environment.
Try to learn to use one of the common 3D programs.
Re: How Do I Turn A Picture Into 3d Format? by Stanozcom(m): 9:22am On Feb 20, 2008
Wilfem!
I'm so sorry!
I shoulda replied you earlier! (I actually forgot about this thread! I just Googled something else, and
inadvertently stumbled upon this here!)
You have to go to Wikipedia and read about Blender 3D. Ton Roosendaal and his friends wrote that
wonderful program in Python for people like you and me. Please don't waste the opportunity.
Please.

After you're familiar with the basic controls and navigation in 3d space; I suggest you go to
http://www.blendernation.com/tutorials/blender-3d-beginner-tutorial-creating-a-logo/
and do the logo switch from 2 dimensions to 3. Don't be frightened of anything!
Time is what you have. Time is God's gift to man. I want you to take your time and learn it.
Learn it, Wilfem. Breathe it. Eat it. BE it.
It'll pay off in the end, I can assure you.
Blender is flexibility unimagined. And its free software.
And you can, in a couple of years from now (maybe), when you're better versed, modify the code
to suit your very own needs. smiley

You can thank me later. wink

(1) (Reply)

Easter deals!! Get 100 Quality Business Cards Designed and Delivered! / Creative Banner Ad Designs / Graphics Competition: The Most Romantic Valentine Designs 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.