Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Passed Sun Certified Business Component Exams - 91% - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Passed Sun Certified Business Component Exams - 91% (1139 Views)

Professional Exams Vs Masters Which Is Better? / A Physically Challenged Person Hustling Real Hard Under The Sun In Abuja / Free Materials For CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, BCP, DRP, and CBCP Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passed Sun Certified Business Component Exams - 91% by mimohmi(m): 2:09am On Mar 12, 2006
As requested by sbucareer, i want to share my experience with Nairaland members.

When i decided to go for the exams, i had no experience on business component. But it's all about challenges. Took about 6 weeks to learn and prepare for the exams. Bought 2 books, one for the certification and the other for hands on practice.
Re: Passed Sun Certified Business Component Exams - 91% by Seun(m): 2:22am On Mar 12, 2006
Congratulations.   smiley Can you tell us more about the significance of this exam?
Re: Passed Sun Certified Business Component Exams - 91% by mimohmi(m): 2:33am On Mar 12, 2006
As requested by subcareer, i want to share my experience with nairaland members.
When i decided to go for the exams, i had no experience on business component. But
it's all about challenges. Took about 6 weeks to learn and prepare for the exams. Bought
2 books, one for the certification and the other for hands on practice.
    The books were quite ok. Spent about an average of 15 hrs/day of reading for 3 weeks. Got another
book from a pal at javeranch, was quite ok.
    The exam was quite interesting, the questions  required detail understanding of EJB. For me
i hate cramming, so i had to depend on my understanding of the exams objectives. it works,
but some how it just didn't click. All the same, i think understanding is better than
cramming.
  For the cost. I bought HeadFirst EJB for 5k and paid 30k for the exams, making 35k.
paid for 9k for 2 months internet connection. Making a total of how much. There is
always a price for everything like no TV, Radio and friends for this period. It's was quite
difficult, that's the price we pay to study things we aren't familiar with.
   The questions were very tricky but all the same it's either you now it or
fail it. If there are people going for the exam, just post it here, promise
to help you sort it out.
    For more details keep an eye on this thread. Wishing you all a lovely
sunday. But before i go, i would like to say a big thank you to subcareer,
for advicing me to go for it, brother, a big hug. To seun, thanks for
bringing us all together, by setting up this site and to all nigerlanders who
one like viper, i say nagode for the encouragement.
     If anybody is interested in Sun cert exams, I am your man.
sai anjuma
Re: Passed Sun Certified Business Component Exams - 91% by sbucareer(f): 4:57am On Mar 12, 2006

mimoh_mi, good job and well done. The struggle continues. Now that you are a member of the SCBCD, you have to start planning for the SCDJWS and above all try and get a job with it. I would love to hear a success story from you that you have gotten a job based on your acquiring these certs.

Also, make time if nothing is happening at the time and think about some serious business application(s) you can develop on your own using J2EE framework. All these would be your potfolio when you go for an interview, that is what I did.

I was working then as a network support assistant, meanwhile I hated the job but nothing was coming forth, I decided to practice my java before I start to forget the language syntax. At work then, my company did not have call logger. Because our clients were at remote site. We used email and phone. I decided to design and develop a call logger for my company using J2EE.

After that I was taken off from support to office to help and re-design payroll system and time-sheet and asset management, at that time I applied for the company I work for today as a J2EE application developer. I was called for interview and I went there with all my work at my previous job and hey I went with my laptop. They were impressed and hired me straight away.

Anyway, the thing is that, start developing serious web application using J2EE. If you happen to use Sun Enterprise Studio 8.0 you can register with their online collaboration, we can collaborate together and do some serious project in real-time, my handle is sbucareer. 

Good luck

Re: Passed Sun Certified Business Component Exams - 91% by pojutime(m): 12:39pm On Mar 12, 2006
Congrats man,

And thanx again for the book. I'm also right into "Learning Java without tears" right now.

Cheers.
Re: Passed Sun Certified Business Component Exams - 91% by lexfrosty: 3:19pm On Mar 14, 2006
Congrats man,
are you in lagos? and are u looking for a job?
let me know on lexfrosty@yahoo.com ok.
better forward ur CV to me.
Re: Passed Sun Certified Business Component Exams - 91% by SayoMarvel(m): 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2008
If you are a good JAVA programmer before, what is the importance of the certification exam?
Please i need to know, so that I schedule can schedule my exam if it is very important. But I'm thinking of going for CCNP first. Which one is more important.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Modelling Industry - The Beautiful Girls Careers And Their Managers / Hospitality/Hotel Management Forum / My Story: From Hand To Mouth To Mouth To Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.