Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:36 AM

January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal (1254 Views)

Okada Riders Take Over Abuja Express, Headed To Eagle Square (photos) / Photo: Aisha Buhari Arrives Eagle Square For The Inauguration / Presidential Inauguration And Swearing-in Thread Live From the Eagle Square (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by midep: 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2011
Fellow Naira Land, Lets make use of our Eagle Square the same way the Egyptian made use of their Tahir Square to kick against Mubarak Government.

January 1, 2012 to protest against the evil plan of the FG to remove the Fuel Subsidy, suggestions please,
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by Bawss1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2011
Move the protest to January 9. People will still be enjoying the New Year celebrations to even think of protesting that day cheesy

Like this will ever happen even.
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by moderattor: 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2011
we have even fought a war!
2 million people went for it.
We have done thousands of
strikes, we have done coups
and assassinations, we have
done protests, and halted
institutions with strikes, we have
bribed and forged,
we have burnt pipelines
and killed white men,
we have kidnapped and suicide
bombed.
We have killed our presidents by
our own hands!
we have spilled our blood and
gathered experience.
We have now decided to let God
play his part.
And for the first time, we are
starting to see hope.
Now , we can boldly tell you with
unwavering certainty, that
protest march will throw us back
in time, considering our
geopolitical setup and age.
Egypt , tunisia and lybia have only
changed a government,
we can only tap their young back
and say 'welcome to the
beggining of the journey boys'
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 13, 2011
moderattor:

we have even fought a war!
2 million people went for it.
We have done thousands of
strikes, we have done coups
and assassinations, we have
done protests, and halted
institutions with strikes, we have
bribed and forged,
we have burnt pipelines
and killed white men,
we have kidnapped and suicide
bombed.
We have killed our presidents by
our own hands!
we have spilled our blood and
gathered experience.
We have now decided to let God
play his part.
And for the first time, we are
starting to see hope.
Now , we can boldly tell you with
unwavering certainty, that
protest march will throw us back
in time, considering our
geopolitical setup and age.
Egypt , tunisia and lybia have only
changed a government,
we can only tap their young back
and say 'welcome to the
beggining of the journey boys'

You really got me with your lines, but how far can hope carry us.
@ Poster, I am for eagle sqaure but please what is the agenda? If it is not for a call for a peaceful splitting of Nigeria, then count me out.
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by chosen04(f): 7:06pm On Dec 13, 2011
After what i have seen of Goodluck, there is no need for Patience

After what I have seen of previous protest, the organisers of this protest will be accuse of trying to cause the downfall of a president from a minority group
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by dayokanu(m): 7:10pm On Dec 13, 2011
Lets enjoy our Fresh air
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by chosen04(f): 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2011
dayokanu:

Lets enjoy our Fresh air

Exactly

Did they now forget that they voted for Jonthan and not PDP? LOL
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by PointB: 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2011
What is there to protest about?

Fuel subsidy is one big drain on our economy. Go it must!
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by PointB: 9:36pm On Dec 13, 2011
noblezone:

You really got me with your lines, but how far can hope carry us.
@ Poster, I am for eagle sqaure but please what is the agenda? If it is not for a call for a peaceful splitting of Nigeria, then count me out.

For peaceful splitting of Nigeria, count me in.
For fuel subsidy and status quo, they will walk alone.

I shall not be part of the group that will pull down a well meaning President from a minority tribe. No way! Let those who benefit from the status quo, take the lead. We shall not be betrayed again.

We will watch, from afar!
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by moshoodn(m): 10:31am On Dec 16, 2011
Any substitute for subsidy?
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 16, 2011
if d protest is to split d country am in! If for anytin else, count me out!
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by DBestDoc(f): 1:29pm On Dec 16, 2011
Boyloaf:

if d protest is to split d country am in! If for anytin else, count me out!
Thank u Brother.
Thats exactly what Nigeria needs,anything aside from that is a waste of time n resources
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by PointB: 2:07pm On Dec 16, 2011
Remove the subsidy, increase allocation to the states, let see if the state governors will use the increase to fund subsidy in their respective state.

Nonsense protest.

Abeg wake me up when it is time to protest for splitting the country.

When they were busy inflating the subsidy figure the oil marketers did not remember us: but now that their evil scheme is about to be unravelled, they are making their survival to look like they are fighting for the masses.

Fuel subsidy must go!
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by PapaBrowne(m): 7:12pm On Dec 16, 2011
Subsidy must be removed for this country to move forward!

Rather than spending 1.3 trillion on fuel subsidy year, I'd rather it be spent on any of these three!

Agriculture Loans and Subsidies

Entrepreneurial loans

Education Subsidies

Any of these three would be fine. Not a useless consumption subsidy like fuel.

1.3 Trillion would provide 1 million Naira in loans to 1.3 million Farmers. Do you have the slightest idea what that would do for our economy ??

1.3 Trillion would give 10 million Naira in loans to 130,000 entrepreneurs. Do you have the slightest idea what that would do for job creation??

1.3 Trillion would renovate 13,000 secondary schools at 100 million Naira per school.

All these can happen in just one year if we have good leadership that would knock off this nonsense called fuel subsidy
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by PointB: 11:24pm On Dec 16, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Subsidy must be removed for this country to move forward!

Rather than spending 1.3 trillion on fuel subsidy year, I'd rather it be spent on any of these three!

Agriculture Loans and Subsidies

Entrepreneurial loans

Education Subsidies

Any of these three would be fine. Not a useless consumption subsidy like fuel.

1.3 Trillion would provide 1 million Naira in loans to 1.3 million Farmers. Do you have the slightest idea what that would do for our economy ??

1.3 Trillion would give 10 million Naira in loans to 130,000 entrepreneurs. Do you have the slightest idea what that would do for job creation??

1.3 Trillion would renovate 13,000 secondary schools at 100 million Naira per school.

All these can happen in just one year if we have good leadership that would knock off this nonsense called fuel subsidy

+100

My name is PointB, I approve this message!
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by realchange: 11:39pm On Dec 16, 2011
PapaBrowne:

1.3 Trillion would provide 1 million Naira in loans to 1.3 million Farmers - ANNUALLY

1.3 Trillion would give 10 million Naira in loans to 130,000 entrepreneurs. - ANNUALLY

1.3 Trillion would renovate 13,000 secondary schools at 100 million Naira per school. - ANNUALLY

cool cool
Re: January 1, 2012 Eagle Square Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal by realchange: 11:41pm On Dec 16, 2011
remove this subsidy, but kill the thieves also, else nothing changes and people suffer more

(1) (Reply)

Should Pres. Goodluck Jonathan Be Tried For Genocide Viz Aviz Current Protest? / Presenting Unbelievable Nig Civil War Crimes By Jerome Okolo@ TEDxEuston (Video) / North Raises Dust Over Jonathan’s ‘2015 Agenda’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.