Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures (24458 Views)

Election Results With Pictures / IBB, Abdulsalami Reconcile Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State With Deputy Gov. / Please I Want To Know The State With High Number Of Richest Individuals... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by ak47mann(m): 7:05pm On Dec 13, 2011
UNIVERSITY JUNCTION ROAD IGBARIAM cool

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by ak47mann(m): 7:06pm On Dec 13, 2011
ZIK AVENUE

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by ak47mann(m): 7:07pm On Dec 13, 2011
AKWA ROAD

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by ak47mann(m): 7:12pm On Dec 13, 2011
NWAFOR ORIZU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION/FINANCIAL CENTER

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by ak47mann(m): 7:20pm On Dec 13, 2011
ogbunike/nkwelle road

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Kobojunkie: 7:24pm On Dec 13, 2011

More than 4 years later, Obi is still listing ViPIt-like achievements  . ,  .
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by ak47mann(m): 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2011
st anthony agulu.

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by ak47mann(m): 7:37pm On Dec 13, 2011
i will post more when i get more pix cheesy
Kobojunkie:

More than 4 years later, Obi is still listing ViPIt-like achievements  . ,  .
undecided undecided undecided undecided he is trying thou,everybody knows that,he spread  development in all local govt in anambra state he does not concentrate on towns and city alone, remember anambra state didn't borrow funds like most state did and end up bankrupt.
and anambra got 3 cities like in other state,even his former deputy "etiaba" when gov obis was battling  in the court for his mandate she the deputy took over and she found out the state money was intact in state account obi knows how to manage funds that is one good thing about him.

1 Like

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Genius100: 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2011
AK47, and you are the same person ridiculing Fashola?
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Abagworo(m): 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2011
Whoever showed this kind of disgrace as 8 year achievement is being ironical. Sorry sorry o, Femi Kuti.

This kind of road is known as NDDC quality,

5 Likes

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by NINETOFIVE(m): 9:33pm On Dec 13, 2011
What a shame, and this is the guy  they chose over Soludo, some times it pays to vote with your head.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by OmoTier1(m): 9:39pm On Dec 13, 2011
I was in Akaw sometime this year and I could not believe the massive under development in Akaw! The onitsha-Akaw link was so bad that I saw a man walking on the road with mud upto his heels!

Obi should cover his head in shame. He should go and learn how to construct standard road from Edo, Lagos, Rivers and Akaw-Ibom! The roads I saw was a joke, I mean big time joke!

Watching the same Obi advocate subsidy removal on NTA few days ago, I was ashamed of him!
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by nku5: 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2011
I don't know what annoys me more about this my wack-azz governor, his high pitched voice or his ineptitude as a governor
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by OneNaira6: 10:11pm On Dec 13, 2011
This is not achievement.  This is mediocre but I guess in the eyes of Nigerians this is achievement.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:15pm On Dec 13, 2011
AK47mann, could you list (with pics if possible) Peter Obis' 10 GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS since becoming governor. I'm interested to see what they are.

My mind is really not made up about Obi one way or the other. Sometimes i see a few posts and think (all things considered) that he's done reasonably well, and other times i feel, like WTF shocked: just this for 5 yrs plus of governance?
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Ejine(m): 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2011
LMAO! Ndi Igbo'm kwuru si: kpoo ihe ojoo ihe ojoo.
This brotha is mediocre! Still can't believe they chose him over Charles Soludo. Well, maybe it's just that the people are completely sick and tired of PDP. The road works are really haphazard. Don't even know where to start.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Nchara: 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2011
Obi= modest man= modest achievements grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:37pm On Dec 13, 2011
And i might add that tarring roads, building schools and paying salaries on time are not achievements per se, as these are the barest minimum of what citizens expect for paying their taxes and voting you in, in the first place.

Achievements can be talked of if a Governor does over and above what is expected, like: positioning the states IGR to be amongst the top 3 in the country; having the vision necessary to allow the state make the best use of its human and material resources to be one of the leading centres of commerce and industry in the country; causing a quantum leap in foreign direct investments to the state owing to prudent management of resources and a favourable investment climate; consistent reduction of infant/maternal mortality rates; qualitative improvement in education as reflected in improved JAMB/WAEC results over a given period; etc.

Granted that -as well as good management skills- you need a good and steady revenue inflow to achieve what's listed above, you can't use that excuse for Anambra (and maybe Abia) as they're punching way below their weight as of now.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by EkoIle1: 11:30pm On Dec 13, 2011
This is atrocious, even for a village.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by doctokwus: 11:52pm On Dec 13, 2011
I thought our standards av bn set very low,but now I know we don't evn av standards anymore if a road junction can b celebrated as an achievement by a SITTING(not EX) state gov
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Rossikk(m): 1:30am On Dec 14, 2011
What I can't stand is when they build these roads and fail to add sidewalks plus covered drainage, like every other civilized place in the world. undecided
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Onlytruth(m): 4:14am On Dec 14, 2011
Rossikk:

What I can't stand is when they build these roads and fail to add sidewalks plus covered drainage, like every other civilized place in the world. undecided

lol, They don't even bother to mark the roads properly! cry cry

What is with Nigeria and black and white road marks?
Why is our traffic marks so drab and uninspiring?

How hard can it be to MARK THE ROADS PROPERLY?

1 Like

Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by asha80(m): 6:25am On Dec 14, 2011
haha akman na wa for you.this is supposed to be a norm not achievement lol.

people talking about soludo being there make me laugh.i guess they easily get carried away by dubai talks.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by dayokanu(m): 6:26am On Dec 14, 2011
The OP sounds more like a Peter Obi detractor with those pictures he showed.

Only the St Anthony School looks decent
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 8:25am On Dec 14, 2011
Peter Obi should learn from Enugu's Sullivan Chime. Those projects are atrocious to the eyes. Is that what he has been doing in Anambra state? A State with so much human and natural resources like Anambra should be ruled by people like Soludo and not laid back people like Obi.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by chino11(m): 10:03am On Dec 14, 2011
What is there to learn from Enugwu? Is it construction of few kilometers of roads in urban center? I have traveled around enugu state there is nothing to show mostly in the hinterland. What happens to the rural areas of Udi, Nsukka, awgu and those towns that are already on their kneel? Enugu is among the least developed states in Nigeria considering the age of the state. Presently enugu is the among the few state in Nigeria that may be acquired by rich state as Anambra, Rivers and Lagos due to ill-financial condition of the state.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by chino11(m): 10:06am On Dec 14, 2011
From all indications the pics posted by Ak47 is among the old pictures of projects in Anambra. Maybe I can take out time from office and take some pictures of beautiful Awka city
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 10:12am On Dec 14, 2011
chino11:

What is there to learn from Enugwu? Is it construction of few kilometers of roads in urban center? I have traveled around enugu state there is nothing to show mostly in the hinterland. What happens to the rural areas of Udi, Nsukka, awgu and those towns that are already on their kneel? Enugu is among the least developed states in Nigeria considering the age of the state. Presently enugu is the among the few state in Nigeria that may be acquired by rich state as Anambra, Rivers and Lagos due to ill-financial condition of the state.

You'll always defend anything from Anambra no matter how mediocre it appears.

chino11:

From all indications the pics posted by Ak47 is among the old pictures of projects in Anambra. Maybe I can take out time from office and take some pictures of beautiful Awka city

Please can you post the new pictures?
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by chino11(m): 10:25am On Dec 14, 2011
^

You are among the people I respect on NL, but I hope you don't want us to clash on this forum. Anambra will always remain on top with three major cities, huge human capital and natural endowment.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 10:30am On Dec 14, 2011
chino11:

^

You are among the people I respect on NL, but I hope you don't want us to clash on this forum. Anambra will always remain on top with three major cities, huge human capital and natural endowment.

Post pictures and stop yarning dust. Anambra is this, Anambra is that. What's the best way to convince us if not with pictures. We know Anambra has Achebe, Zik, Ojukwu etc and probably the most enterprising people in the whole of Africa. But here we're talking of the development under the administration of Peter Obi.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Ejine(m): 11:14am On Dec 14, 2011
chino11:

I really, really hate to burst your lovely rose-colored bubble, sir; but Enugu, Anambra and Ebonyi are currently on the same spectrum with GDP per capita of $1600+ while Imo and Abia are the macro revenue states in the South East with GDP per capita of $3700+
So if there's ever going to be any special acquiring, it would most likely be done by the two latter mentioned states.
However, between Enugu and Anambra, it can be said that Enugu does have a reasonable economic superiority over Anambra, as it has a planned capital city (unlike Anambra), a high ranking federal university and teaching hospital (unlike Anambra), and a healthier and faster growing economy (again, unlike Anambra), so that should be enough to say.
One possible factor that could explain the current economic underperformance of Anambra would be the poor taxing system. Anambra is blessed with so much human resources at her disposal, that could easily make her a superpower, however these potentials are barely tapped into by the current governor, who happens to have a personal vendetta against Anambra's 'hidden diamond', Nnewi. We hope a more responsible technocratic governor would come soonest to position Anambra as the number 1 it should rightfully be.
Re: Obi Achievement In Anambra State With Pictures by Ohaneze1: 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2011
Ejiné:

I really, really hate to burst your lovely rose-colored bubble, sir; but Enugu, Anambra and Ebonyi are currently on the same spectrum with GDP per capita of $1600+ while Imo and Abia are the macro revenue states in the South East with GDP per capita of $3700+
So if there's ever going to be any special acquiring, it would most likely be done by the two latter mentioned states.
However, between Enugu and Anambra, it can be said that Enugu does have a reasonable economic superiority over Anambra, as it has a planned capital city (unlike Anambra), a high ranking federal university and teaching hospital (unlike Anambra), and a healthier and faster growing economy (again, unlike Anambra), so that should be enough to say.
One possible factor that could explain the current economic underperformance of Anambra would be the poor taxing system. Anambra is blessed with so much human resources at her disposal, that could easily make her a superpower, however these potentials are barely tapped into by the current governor, who happens to have a personal vendetta against Anambra's 'hidden diamond', Nnewi. We hope a more responsible technocratic governor would come soonest to position Anambra as the number 1 it should rightfully be.

Sorry madam for choking you, Enugu can be classified alongside Ebonyi, Ekiti, Taraba etc, the record are there for everybody to see. On the hand Anambra can be classified along side Lagos, Rivers, kano. Your argument is baseless and lacks facts. Anambra state is the least indebted state in Nigeria, it is the only state in Nigeria with lowest poverty rate. Anambra has state of the art Federal Teaching Hospital at Nnewi with its Federal University in Awka Nnamdi Azikiwe University). The Nsukka university in enugu state is a mere past glory, because the last I checked it is already in ruins.

At present Anambra is the fore-most state in the SE with all the major infrastructural development in areas of water transport, IPP, Oil and Gas Refinery, International Cargo Airport (under-construction) that can sustain the entire SE and beyond. Enugu state is a failed state because it has failed in all indices of development; does enugu state start and ends with enugu urban? Have you ever been to all the adjoining towns and communities in enugwu, that will give you an idea of how backward enugu it? If yes then you should hide your face in shame. Enugu was recently confirmed and declared bankrupt and dead financial by the senate committee.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umar Dikko Rada Joins Tinubu In Ogun State To Meet Delegates / Atiku: It’s Too Risky To Hand Over Nigeria To Tinubu Or Obi / Fayose Inspecting Gallery Project At Ewi Of Ado-Ekiti's Palace(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.