Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,171 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Which Version Of Linux Is Cool For A Beginner Like Moi?h - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Version Of Linux Is Cool For A Beginner Like Moi?h (784 Views)

10 Reasons Why Linux Is Better Than Windows / A Type Of Linux Hack That Affects Laptops / The Benefits And Advantages Of Linux Operating System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Version Of Linux Is Cool For A Beginner Like Moi?h by abohrandy: 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2007
okay peeps here's the deal!!!
i want to change from windows to linux or mac if possible but it seems there are abt 1001 versions of linux so which one is gong to be good for a beginner like moi? n where can i get it as i am in abj?

waiting on y'all!!!
Re: Which Version Of Linux Is Cool For A Beginner Like Moi?h by RichDad1(m): 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2007
Same here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Version Of Linux Is Cool For A Beginner Like Moi?h by Ralvy(m): 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2007
From the way I look at it, I think any will suite y'all . .
I started using Linux less than a month ago and I am enjoying it . . .

I have just upgraded to Ubuntu Ultimate 1.4 and I am yet to install all the Compiz Fusion effects, the Desktop cube an all that, I have a plain nice desktop, see it below

Re: Which Version Of Linux Is Cool For A Beginner Like Moi?h by bigrovar(m): 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2007
i am using ubuntu and it worked for me , infact when i started the idea was to Try out ubuntu now ubuntu is my main default os i have not booted vista in about 2 months now, infact ubuntu has been winning the best linux distro for sometimes now, u make ask what makes ubuntu great, 1 simplicity 2 ease of use 3 security 4 support by an army of community 5 free. if u do decide to install ubuntu , u can get in check this site www.ubuntunigeria. it has some f the things u need to know to get u started and those that can help u with support as long as u stay in nigeria, cheers
Re: Which Version Of Linux Is Cool For A Beginner Like Moi?h by Saipro(m): 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2007
I run Fedora distro 7 "moonshine" and it's sweet - but large. Had to downlaod the DVD image - 2.79 GB

Not to mention the two i386 live CDs. But was worth it. But you've gotten me curious. Will download Ubuntu pronto and try it out. Hold on for my assessment ! cool
Re: Which Version Of Linux Is Cool For A Beginner Like Moi?h by Ralvy(m): 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2007
Aight. . give it a try . . U'd love it
Re: Which Version Of Linux Is Cool For A Beginner Like Moi?h by Saipro(m): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2007
I run Fedora distro 7 "moonshine" and it's sweet - but large. Had to downlaod the DVD image - 2.79 GB

Not to mention the two i386 live CDs. But was worth it. But you've gotten me curious. Will download Ubuntu pronto and try it out. Hold on for my assessment ! cool
Re: Which Version Of Linux Is Cool For A Beginner Like Moi?h by Ralvy(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2007
wtf? are u a robot?
This is SPAM shocked
Re: Which Version Of Linux Is Cool For A Beginner Like Moi?h by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
Benjamin702:
The Ubuntu operating system is created and maintained by Canonical. Over the past decade and a half, it has become a full-fledged replacement for a commercial product. The name translates from the Zulu language as "humanity". I would recommend that you pay attention to it. Versions like MX Linux and Elementary OS can be very simple for you. You can also learn more about the Linux system in this blog https://linuxchatter.com/ what can be useful for you
congrats mehn, you just replied a thread that died since 2007.

(1) (Reply)

Toshiba + Vista Is A Mess / American Used Laptops For Sale / Toshiba Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.