Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

How New Internet Café Fails On The Long Run - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How New Internet Café Fails On The Long Run (1184 Views)

Should I Choose A AMD APU Over Intel For Long Run ? / Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How New Internet Café Fails On The Long Run by wrexs: 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2011
My idea of a New Internet Café is one that starts up with a good Internet Service Provider even though most of the ISPs cannot be 100% reliable, but some of them provide about 90% service reliability; and a reliable Power Backup system.

The strength of an Internet café is in the speed of the internet service being provided and the Power backup system, while its success lies in its consistency.

Over time, I have seen Internet cafés startup with the basic facilities; Good computers, Good internet service and reliable Power backup system. These facilities naturally attract customers, depending on the location and competition in the area.
As a startup business, it grows with time and on a daily basis. And as the days goes by, the business start reflecting SUCCESS.

THE FLOP

As the day goes on, the business tend to maintain a constant upward trend. The flop starts coming in when the natural tendencies, (wear and tear) sets in without any attention been given to it. Naturally, computers (actually, Machines) start malfunctioning after been used for some time without maintenance, especially for commercial purpose, and also the Power backup system (UPS) failing too.
So, when these begin to happen, and continues for a while with customers complaining, and some grumble. Still the failures persist, and the customers start looking elsewhere. Soon the café’s account begins a reverse (downward) trend.

I have noticed that the Café owners don’t always seem to see the flaws in their facility as the cause for the low sales, instead they begin to see the business as obsolete and decide to find a way of cutting cost. The first thing they always is consider is the ISP cost. They end up with a cheap ISP service that helps them sustain the level they have fallen to. As anticipated, the business is now going fine at “that level”, but another upset pops up when the cheap ISP starts showing off why they are cheap.
At this point, frustration starts setting in, they either sort another cheap ISP or decide to switch business.

This is a process that span between 18 to 24months.
Re: How New Internet Café Fails On The Long Run by mjay(m): 8:30pm On Dec 15, 2011
Food 4 thought 4 cafee owners
Re: How New Internet Café Fails On The Long Run by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:41pm On Dec 15, 2011
Here i Come Live!!! again

London used laptop,New laptops,

All kinds of Blackberry, Torch, Bold 1,2,3,4,5, Curve 1,2,3 at cheapest Rate grin grin grin grin

Nokia phones.then all the computers accessories, desktop system.

Flash usb modem for browsing at Attractive Rate!!!

My company name remains Fedics technology Nig ltd .

Call me on 08066063727,

COMPUTER VILLAGE SUIT

NAME EVERESTUS MGBENKA

(1) (Reply)

41 Mega Pixel Nokia Lumia 909 Unveiling Date / Brand New Dell Latitude E7250 5th Gen Core I5 4gb Ram 128gb Ssd Upto 8hr Ba3 / Grab This Opportunity To Get The Samsung Galaxy J5/J7 @chuxel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.