Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade (1964 Views)

Victor Ezenwoko Of Diamond Bank Is Dead (Lagos ED) / Free Skill Acquisition E-Center / Marilyn-Joan Obiora Of Diamond Bank Stole 125 Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by darqly(m): 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2007
So I was just there minding my own business jeje in the office when the lady brought in the fliers and handed them out. It was a lease offer from Diamond bank in collaboration with Park n Shop for a HP Laptop.
Terms seemed good, so decided to give it a go, though I do have issues with Diamond bank as they HAVE never been straight, far as I can remember!
The lady assured me I'd get the laptop within 3-4 days after opening an account and paying my first installment.This I did.
Two days later,she tells me I'd have to wait till the following week. No sweat I say, just a few more days.
Then on friday, I see an SMS from Diamondbank telling me they are intensifying efforts to ensure I receive a Laptop within 2 WEEKS!!
Total nonsense and inefficiency to boot, but I expected this from Diamond bank really. They just plain suck,
Any other person taken for this ride??
Re: Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by finekid(m): 6:39pm On Sep 30, 2007
Sorry about that bro! shocked
Re: Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by enolase(m): 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2007
Well, not too surprised. I have never been a fan of banks and their products. There is always a twist to the tale.

Someone sent me money via the Interswitch/FlashMeCash interbank transfer that was widely hailed on this forum. His account was debited, mine was not credited! undecided

Till today, two weeks after, the story is still the same: "we are working on it".

I tire o! shocked
Re: Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by finekid(m): 2:53am On Oct 01, 2007
That's serious!
Re: Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by globalaid(m): 9:54am On Oct 01, 2007
may be they are going to put that blame also on NEPA
Re: Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by yodiyokun(f): 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2007
enolase:

Well, not too surprised. I have never been a fan of banks and their products. There is always a twist to the tale.

Someone sent me money via the Interswitch/FlashMeCash interbank transfer that was widely hailed on this forum. His account was debited, mine was not credited! undecided

Till today, two weeks after, the story is still the same: "we are working on it".

I tire o! shocked

Eno,

YOu better intensify your efforts,

That error should have been picked up during reconciliation, but the problem is that Flash me cash never got the reconciliation process right.
If you are in Lagos, you better go to the head office and try the flashm cash customer service.
Re: Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by kioboy(m): 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2007
pls if you have receive the laptop that diamondbank offer to the public since last september, pls do post here and assist most of us that is yet to receive. i know if maybe iam the one that dafaulted the payment arrangement for two consecutive months by now diamondbank would have intensify effort to make me pay by all means including arresting and prosecuting that person, but to my greatest surprise uptill now nothing have been done in making sure that we receive this laptop since september the scheme closed. park n shop with diamondbank have been playing seek and hide games, iam so feed up of this whole scheme.
pls your candid advise is needed as regards this unrealistic offer to the innocent public. i have been paying for the loan but have not yet receive the laptop.
Re: Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by darqly(m): 8:16am On Nov 29, 2007
@kioboy, Well I eventually got mine towards the end of last month or so, after raising alot of dust for them. You should have a contact, someone on the inside that u can badger with complaints till they make something happen.Thats what I did anyway, Much luck!!
Re: Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by kioboy(m): 8:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
@dargiy
wow congrats, is the laptop the same as per what they advertise in their offer?? i heard the laptop does not match with starcomm internet connections, i have been trying to get mine but park n shop said they have ran out of stock untill Dec 15 when their consignments will land. bros iam tired of their stories and excusses. well if you say the laptop worth the waiting, i will endure.
Re: Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by luvus: 10:59am On Jan 26, 2008
welll

reading your post has given the idea on how dbnk and p n p r doing. now they have an offer but i dont know whether i will be dat glad any more
Re: Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by shangy(m): 12:23pm On Jan 30, 2008
I applied for the Diamond Bank-Acer-ParknShop offer for the Acer Laptop early this year and just like anyone else, paid for the first installment and made out chegues for the rest of the year and fulfilled all other requirements including opening an account with them and I received the promises of 72hrs processing time, well its going to 2weeks now and all I'm hearing is that its at their HQ level and the facility has been approved, there there are a lot of applications and I'll get a call before the end of this week asking me to come and sign papers and take to Park and Shop

I'm still waiting,
Re: Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by Pinklyte: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2008
Wait oh! must you buy from Diamond Bank? Dt one na long process. I also deal on Laptops any type with any specification. Infact I have the exact type Diamond Bank advertised and its going for a lesser price. I buy them from USA and then resell here. I wouldnt advise you to wait a whole month/year for someone to kip postin you concerning getting a good laptop. I've sold a lot of laptops and my clients are all happy wt me and keep recommending me to others. So if you're interested, call me on 0803-776-5498. You can pay a maximum of 3 installments but I'll deliver to you immediately you make the first installment and split the remaining in a post-dated cheque.
Re: Diamond Bank Laptop Acquisition Charade by Pinklyte: 10:27am On Jan 31, 2008
Wait oh! must you buy from Diamond Bank? Dt one na long process. I also deal on Laptops any type with any specification. Infact I have the exact type

Diamond Bank advertised and its going for a lesser price. I buy them from USA and then resell here. I wouldnt advise you to wait a whole month/year for

someone to kip postin you concerning getting a good laptop. I've sold a lot of laptops and my clients are all happy wt me and keep recommending me to

others. So if you're interested, call me on 0803-776-5498. You can pay a maximum of 3 installments but I'll deliver to you immediately you make the first

installment and split the remaining in a post-dated cheque.

(1) (Reply)

Banker For Babaijebu / Wonderbanks Case Latest / Dangote Cement : Price Has Gone Up Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.