Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,039 members, 7,835,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Mike Epps Refuses To Come To Nigeria For Rhythm Unplugged 2011 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mike Epps Refuses To Come To Nigeria For Rhythm Unplugged 2011 (1107 Views)

Trey Songz Performing At Rhythm Unplugged (Photos) / Eniola Badmus At Rhythm Unplugged: When You've Dressed To Kill Trey Songz (Pics) / Trey Songz Lands In Lagos For Rhythm Unplugged Concert Tomorrow (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mike Epps Refuses To Come To Nigeria For Rhythm Unplugged 2011 by r231(m): 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2011
For many foreign artistes who throng Nigeria for high-paying performance engagements, the fear of Boko Haram is indeed the beginning of wisdom.

The latest on the line of American artistes refusing to come to Nigeria is actor and popular stand-up comedian, Mike Epps, who was to headline the rebranded edition of the Rhythm Unplugged concert holding at the Eko Hotel, on December 18. Sources close to the organisers aver that Epps’ refusal to come to Nigeria was predicated on the pervasive insecurity in the country. Several mails sent to Epps’ representative were not replied.

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/4mpe7MqUE51BLp34B-VbadRD2IqXMMXTlbnotF*NVoNR3tv7JVpNtJamwv9RoMb0LST4PqcwXDoVMp9NQPpFdSYePRjmys8m/mikeepps.jpg[/img]

In spite of this seeming set back, the Chief Executive Officer, Flytime Entertainment, organisers of the event, Cecil Hammond, says, "This year’s Harp Rhythm Unplugged will go on as planned and it promises to live up to its billing as an A-list show that will ensure stress free and undiluted fun.

Internationally acclaimed comedians that include Ndumiso and Loyiso Gol, from South Africa and other African Countries, will be there to add more spice to the night of comedy. We are also bringing Nigeria’s iconic and internationally acclaimed stand-up comedian, Basketmouth who will render his rib cracking jokes, all through the night, with support from Gordons, I Go Dye, Bovi and Buchi."
Re: Mike Epps Refuses To Come To Nigeria For Rhythm Unplugged 2011 by AfroBlue(m): 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2011
I think a lot of American artists want the money in the bank or an security bond for their services before they make the trek. I doubt that the BH thugs and goons even know who these people are.

I still think this BH movement is supported by global industrial military forces that want to create another Civil War in 9ja like the British instigated the first one.
Re: Mike Epps Refuses To Come To Nigeria For Rhythm Unplugged 2011 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2011
even if the movie had been deposited in their accounts, i can understand why people will be scared to come to 9ja.

who are we kidding, if BH can "easily" bomb the UN building, how difficult do you think it will be for them to place one in a simple concert hall?!

(1) (Reply)

First Picture Of Mercy Johnson And Her Baby / Goldie Harvey Is Alive!!! / Saka Could Not Even Port A Single Goal For The Celebs- Comedian AY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.