Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,892 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Moslems And Ori Oke - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Moslems And Ori Oke (942 Views)

Does The Koran Really Encourage Faithful Moslems To Kill Christians? / Why Are Black Africans Moslems Considered Inferior By The Arabs Moslems / Why Are Yoruba Moslems Considered Inferior To Hausa Moslems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moslems And Ori Oke by quest003: 9:52am On Dec 18, 2011
Do moslems also go 2 ori oke(mountain) 2 pray? I nid an enviroment where i can connect wit d wonderful works of Allah since dis wil help me focus more on praying
Re: Moslems And Ori Oke by deols(f): 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2011
salam alaykum,there is nothing wrong wth trying to spnd some time away from everyday life matters to worship ALLAH. this is referred to as I'TIKAAF. You must have heard of people doing this during ramadan. The condtion 2 ds is dat it be done IN A MOSQUE. choosing elsewhere would mean practicng wat d prophet never did. Also,u wld b doing it because ohers(xtians) do it. Anoda reason it is wrong is dat u wld be away from pple whic means missing Salaat in jama'.
waAllahu a'lam
Re: Moslems And Ori Oke by LagosShia: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2011
deols:

salam alaykum,there is nothing wrong wth trying to spnd some time away from everyday life matters to worship ALLAH. this is referred to as I'TIKAAF. You must have heard of people doing this during ramadan. The condtion 2 ds is dat it be done IN A MOSQUE. choosing elsewhere would mean practicng wat d prophet never did. Also,u wld b doing it because ohers(xtians) do it. Anoda reason it is wrong is dat u wld be away from pple whic means missing Salaat in jama'.
waAllahu a'lam

Salamu Alaykom Sheikha "deols",

didn't the Prophet (sa) used to go to the cave in mount. Hira to meditate and worship Allah away from the spotlight and the distraction and transgression of Quraysh pagans? that is where he received the first revelation,right?

i think there is nothing wrong with it but it should not be seen as an obligatory act of worship and monasticism (as in christianity and sufism and others) is forbidden in islam.Islam is deen and dunya.so the human being should not use the reason or excuse of going for meditation to escape worldly life or responsibilities.we are here to be tried and tested and to make life better and face problems with solutions while at the same time we worship Allah and follow a spiritual life.we are not meant to abandon our responsibilities in the name of spirituality.

"Then We caused Our messengers to follow in their footsteps; and We caused Jesus, son of Mary, to follow, and gave him the Gospel, and placed compassion and mercy in the hearts of those who followed him. But monasticism they invented - We ordained it not for them - only seeking Allah's pleasure, and they observed it not with right observance. So We give those of them who believe their reward, but many of them are evil-doers" ( Surah 57: Verse 27)

Re: Moslems And Ori Oke by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2011
deols:

waAllahu a'lam

Pls read lagosshia's response. Looks to me like muslims themselves are more ignorant of their religion.
Re: Moslems And Ori Oke by deols(f): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2011
@davidylan, must you comment?? joblessness at play,
@lagosShia,waalaykum Salam. am aware of d prophet's meditation in cave hira but dat was b4 d revelation. On no account av we herd of hm doin dat after dat. I'tikaaf he performed at times,other than ramadan nd he dd in his mosque. If u cnsder d oda points I raised,like trying not to b like d kufar nd establising Solaat in jama' am sure my points would weight more to you.
As always, ALLAHU A'lam
Re: Moslems And Ori Oke by LagosShia: 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2011
deols:

@davidylan, must you comment?? joblessness at play,
@lagosShia,waalaykum Salam. am aware of d prophet's meditation in cave hira but dat was b4 d revelation. On no account av we herd of hm doin dat after dat. I'tikaaf he performed at times,other than ramadan nd he dd in his mosque. If u cnsder d oda points I raised,like trying not to b like d kufar nd establising Solaat in jama' am sure my points would weight more to you.
As always, ALLAHU A'lam

Wa alaykom assalam!

i understand your point very well.my only point i'm saying is this:going into solitary meditation is not forbidden but also not obligatory.it becomes haram when one does it as part of monasticism to escape responsibilities.

for the fact that the Prophet (sa) did it,regardless if it was before or after revelation,points to the fact that when done appropriately and with the right intention,there is no harm.the Prophet (sa) does not do haram acts at all in his life time.and really you can seclude yourself in the masjid and that is good as well.

(1) (Reply)

. / Allah – The Greatest Mushrik Of Them All / Its Last Ten Days Of Ramadan, Lets Increase Our Ibaadah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.