Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,080 members, 7,867,097 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:41 AM

Christopher Hitchens (1949-2011) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christopher Hitchens (1949-2011) (550 Views)

How Prophet Christopher Owolabi Predicted The Leadership Of The 8th Nass / "Spiritual Warfare" Demon Vs Wise Man Christopher. Very Funny / A Tribute To Christopher Hitchens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christopher Hitchens (1949-2011) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2011
[img]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f1f9e754970b-800wi[/img]

It was a weird feeling to, while browsing the news on my phone as I attempted to drift to sleep, see that Christopher Hitchens had passed on. It's one of those shocks to the system. A sort of emotional jolt that manifests itself physically. I literally gasped.

I knew it was coming. We all did. It was well publicized that he had esophageal cancer, and the effects of that cancer are also well known. For whatever reason, whether it be his larger than life standing in society or the effects he has directly and indirectly had on my own life, it still came as a shock to me.

I never once rejoiced or found any pleasure in the sickness (and now death) of this long time enemy of my Lord. Whether the cultural offspring of his work (all you atheists) believes me or not, I wanted nothing but the best for this man, and for all of you for that matter.

A good portion of one's life devoted to undermining God's people, blaspheming His name, and harming His kingdom doesn't leave much optimism for his soul, but I do hope that there was a late change. Despite all he wrote about that change being a mental lapse or malfunction, he couldn't predict the future. As I said for Ken Pulliam, I hope Christopher Hitchens' spiritual state was other than it appeared. But God is just and Christopher Hitchens has received a just judgment, wherever he is.

http://www.thinkinggodsthoughts.com/2011/12/christopher-hitchens-1949-2011.html
Re: Christopher Hitchens (1949-2011) by dare2think: 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2011
frosbel:

[img]http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133f1f9e754970b-800wi[/img]

It was a weird feeling to, while browsing the news on my phone as I attempted to drift to sleep, see that Christopher Hitchens had passed on. It's one of those shocks to the system. A sort of emotional jolt that manifests itself physically. I literally gasped.

I knew it was coming. We all did. It was well publicized that he had esophageal cancer, and the effects of that cancer are also well known. For whatever reason, whether it be his larger than life standing in society or the effects he has directly and indirectly had on my own life, it still came as a shock to me.

I never once rejoiced or found any pleasure in the sickness (and now death) of this long time enemy of my Lord. Whether the cultural offspring of his work (all you atheists) believes me or not, I wanted nothing but the best for this man, and for all of you for that matter.

A good portion of one's life devoted to undermining God's people, blaspheming His name, and harming His kingdom doesn't leave much optimism for his soul, but I do hope that there was a late change. Despite all he wrote about that change being a mental lapse or malfunction, he couldn't predict the future. As I said for Ken Pulliam, I hope Christopher Hitchens' spiritual state was other than it appeared. But God is just and Christopher Hitchens has received a just judgment, wherever he is.

http://www.thinkinggodsthoughts.com/2011/12/christopher-hitchens-1949-2011.html

Says who?

He had every right to believe what he wanted to believe.

A lot of Christians also blaspheme the name of 'Mohammed' and undermine the Kingdom of 'Allah' and vice versa, their 'souls' also dont have much 'optimism' in their respective heaven.

Lets respects people's individual choices.

I guess he (Christopher) also should have respected religious people's choices as well. It goes both ways.

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Kung Fu / The Five Pillars Of Islam - What A Christian Should Know / Meditation Of The Day(john 2:13-25)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.